[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can i paint like this man ?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6

File: Capture5.jpg (144KB, 1710x1003px) Image search: [Google]
Capture5.jpg
144KB, 1710x1003px
How can i paint like this man ?
>>
What kind of answer are you expecting, you fucking retard?
>>
>>2702508
>>
use LAB mode
>>
Be chinese and grow up in China under financially stable circumstances with a passion for art, first of all.
>>
>>2702522
You probably had more stable financial circumstances than most chinese artists had.
>>
>>2702508
haev ya consulted our lard and saveor goomis?
>>
>>2702543
I'm not chinese though and had no access to proper art education. While the west was circle jerking over picasso and menstrual blood paintings while getting almost completely rid of traditional art training, China was refining theirs to perfection.
>>
>>2702560
Is this true?
>>
>>2702508
Develop the so called "chinese work ethic" meaning, stop watching tv, stop playing vidya, stop going out with friends, stop browsing the internet, stop watching anime, stop reading comics/manga, stop procrastinating, stop doing whatever else that keep you from drawing, and finally.
Fucking draw a bunch.
Oh, you're already drawing 6 hours a day huh? Double that at we can talk.
>>
>>2702574
There's a reason why so many young chinese artists are taking over the industry by storm.
>>
>>2702574
First "real deal" academic art teachings started in Europe. Then Russia and China picked it up. Then Europe went full retard with avant-garde and conceptual art, while Russia and China kept going with traditional art. US didn't have any of that and never developed it's own academic art school, even though some artists were trained academically in Europe and became teachers in US, but overtime it drifted far away from academic school to some weird state it is in now. Just a few ateliers in US and Europe continued on with academic art.
>>
>>2702560
If you had been Chinese, your excuse would be that your parents forced you to spend all your free time studying for school and practicing piano. Face it, you had every single opportunity Ruanjia and co had and then some.

Art schools and ateliers in the west are actually vastly superior to art schools in China. Just because there are also art schools that teach conceptual art, abstract art, postmodern art and all that shit doesn't somehow make all those other prestigeous ateliers and art schools disappear that do still practice the fundamentals of art.
>>
>>2702591
Ruanjia didn't study academic art though. I'm not sure if he's entirely self taught or went to some cheap chinese video game art school, but either way, he never learnt proper academic fine art. He started with 3D modeling, then went into digital art and only much later started doing traditional art as a hobby.
>>
>>2702591
>>2702604
Modern academic art is not that good desu. They think painting a studio nude and then photobashing random shit next to it makes for a good painting. This results in innatural illumination, lack of subtlety, no feeling of vastness. It's far from being shit, but they're not even close to the old masters. The chinese don't try to mimic a style that belongs in the past, they take what they need from all different styles. They make a wonderful use of color (of course the digital medium helps with that; tho OTOH if you have a shit monitor like mine everything looks grey and muddy), reminding of the impressionists and the flemish. Academic art right now is stuck in the '600, it's all form and everything looks like it's made of clay. Good for excercise, but when you want to make something that looks good you have to use all the means available, with good sense of taste (which is probably the hardest part and comes with age)
>>
>>2702603
Those schools are few and far between now. You underestimate the effect cultural marxism has had on education, especially art education in this country.
>>
>>2702612
And you are overestimating the importance of this "proper efuctation" for the individual artist. Ruanjia did not go to some prestigeous atelier or any type of academic fine art school that taught him secret techniques that they keep hidden from poor plebs such as yourself. He probably even had less resources and opportunities at his disposal than you do due to restrictions of the chinese internet, overbearing parents and generally a much bigger social stigma towards artists and creative types than what we have here in the west.
>>
He talked about his methodology at the latest trojan horse was a unicorn conference
>>
>>2702620
>And you are overestimating the importance of this "proper efuctation" for the individual artist.

Nigga, you're going full retard.
>>
>>2702560
Feels bad man...
>>
>>2702647
I'm really getting tired of talking to you. Here are the facts of our little discussion so far:

You blame your lack of skill on the fact that you didn't have this amazing chinese art education and you go on about the usual whiny bullshit about western art schools lacking academic classical art training yadda yadda
I tell you that Ruanjia never had any academic art education and is mostly self taught himself and that there are tons of artists who prove that you don't need an art school education to get good
You call me a retard.

I think we are done here.
>>
>>2702612
There are thousands of amazing western artists who are better than you will ever be, who grew up with the exact same "social marxist education" as you did.
>>
practice.
>>
>>2702508
Not to be that guy but can you or somebody else share info/anything on what Ruan did at the THU convention? thanks in advance.

t.yuropoor
>>
>>2702659
The entire THUtv event is up on cgpeers, not sure if you can get a hold of the demo he did but his talk takes place on day 21 I believe
>>
>>2702672
Is it worth watching?
>>
>>2702698
I was laughing during the entire thing cuz he's just this cute little china man trying his hardest to speak English, he's like the best painter and he's sitting there like "give me a room, give me a food, and I can paint, that's enough"
Not good interns of eye opening but if you love Ruan it's a must watch
>>
>>2702672
whats the name of it? can't find it on there, diff anon
>>
>>2702735
A minute of using google and then looking it up on cgpeers and I found it

Use your brain for once in your life
>>
>>2702574
Yeah they do perspective studies and tons of hard still lives in second grade.
>>
>>2702741
"thutv" "thu" "ruan jia" didn't have anything pop up on cgpeers, but thanks
>>
Push a few buttons on a computer and use the undo key whenever you fuck up.

Digital art requires only 5 percent talent.
>>
>>2702755
post work
>>
>>2702755
Neeeext
>>
>>2702754
Why don't you try looking up what "THU" stands for you inbred nigger

>>2702755
Post your Merc_WIP nigger
>>
>>2702755
agreed
>>
>>2702763
Okay will do, sorry you're having a bad day
>>
File: 590.png (64KB, 624x628px) Image search: [Google]
590.png
64KB, 624x628px
>>2702755
>>2702759
>2759▶
>>>2702755
>>2702762
>>2702763
>>2702772
>>
>>2702612
Stop blaming liberals for the fact that you're a fucking loser.

There i said it.
>>
>>2702755
Nah, it's all in the brushes and the filters.
>>
>>2702804
So who's to blame for you being a loser?
Nazis?
>>
>>2702508
copy him until it clicks
>>
>>2702508
Use a bunch of textured brushes, muted colors with occasional bits of high saturation, and use lighting as if you were using a flash on a camera, ie. planes facing you are lightest and planes facing away from you are the darkest. This is actually a pretty easy type of lighting and he uses it in a lot of his works. Oh yeah and add a rim light too.
>>
>>2702508

Kyle's brushpack. Not even kidding, you need them
>>
>>2703017
>Ruan Jia's brushes are free online
>"no no, you need to buy Kyle's to paint like Ruan Jia!"
>>
File: late Ming.jpg (2MB, 1174x2241px) Image search: [Google]
late Ming.jpg
2MB, 1174x2241px
>>2702611
Got any links to what you're describing?
>>
>>2702508

The main secret that makes artists like ruan jia stand out, besides excellent command of lighting, composition etc, is that he uses a very wide variety of hues in various subtle ways. Try going over one of his pieces with a color picker and you'll be pretty surprised. Also he spends a lot of time on his finished work
>>
>>2702574
look at the fucking industry today. Majority of concept artists are Chinese. While art schools in America were making students fingerprint Chinese ones were cranking out Ruan Jia`s on a daily basis
>>
>>2705722
>industry today. Majority of concept artists are Chinese
This better be bait, because I really hope no one is this retarded
>>
>>2703024

Kyle's brushes produces more Ruan Jia-like results than his own brushes. They are designed by a professional, obviously they won't be for free but the results speaks for themselves
>>
>>2705724
fine Chinese and European
>>
>>2705877
Almost all the European concept artists are self taught though
>>
>>2705894
except they aren't you're full of shit
>>
>>2705910
Like half the industry in general is self taught. As for Europe, they don't have any schools that are famous for teaching digital art. Sure they have a handful of ateliers and academies that teach oil painting and drawing, but I don't know a single concept artist who came out of one of those places.

The only country that has schools that consistently produces concept artists is the US. Art Center alone pumps out a sizable chunk of the top talent in the industry.
>>
>>2702508
>http://www.cgw.com/Press-Center/News/2016/Wacom-Introduces-MobileStudio-Pro-Line.aspx
what is that storming chick tryin to prove man ...its a dragon get the fuck away.I dont like this whole stupid hero snapshot going for the impossible. Otherwise is ok
>>
>>2706054
>>
>>2702574
>Is this true

Dude.

Fucking really? You really think you can never be good because you weren't born in China?

You pathetic fucks will think of ANYTHING to blame aside from your shit work ethic, impatience, procrastination. T-too bad I'm not chinese... T-too bad no neuroplasty... T-too bad D-K...
>>
>>2705727
>buying brushes
>buying a bunch of toggle settings and a 100-pixel wide black and white brush tip images

i swear to fucking god just learn how the brush settings work holy shit
fuckign shills im triggered
>>
File: IMG_7282.jpg (104KB, 1096x688px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7282.jpg
104KB, 1096x688px
>>2702516
This book destroyed my life.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.