[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

new wacom

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 266
Thread images: 35

File: tmp_2890-images(2)-843409518.jpg (6KB, 291x173px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_2890-images(2)-843409518.jpg
6KB, 291x173px
http://www.cgw.com/Press-Center/News/2016/Wacom-Introduces-MobileStudio-Pro-Line.aspx

Most expensive has less rbg for some reason
>>
Well, the screen is great, but this honestly isn't telling me anything about the device.
>>
I guess they have the Quadros in there for a 10-bit workflow, but it seems like complete overkill for what it is, especially if they decide to pair it up with mobile dual-core cpu. Storage prices are robbery as usual, a 64GB model shouldn't even exist.
>>
>>2702481
just get a bamboo create
>>
>>2702481
I still don't trust tablets where you can see the screen.
>>
Hey tech people, what does the Nvidia Quadro do in comparison to the Cintiq Companion 2's graphics capabilities?
>>
BUY HUION
>>
>>2702509
wat?
>>
File: crying.jpg (149KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
crying.jpg
149KB, 700x700px
>>2702481
Who gives a shit, we can't afford it
>>
I honestly hate buying new tech because I know if I drop 1000+ on something, in a year or so something way better will come out. I bought a cintiq, and I do love it, but it just sucks knowing had a i waited a year I could have gotten something better.
>>
>>2702537
I can afford 4 of those.

Get a job lol.
>>
>>2702549
being proud of being less poor
>>
>>2702511
The Companion 2 doesn't even have a dedicated GPU. These Quadros, while lower-end, are still (sort of) workstation cards with features aimed at professionals, most of which are completely irrelevant to graphic artists. They have the optimized Quadro drivers, larger frame buffer and 10-bit color support, but unlike the desktop cards, no ECC memory or double-precision capability.
Core performance will probably be about the same as a low-tier laptop Geforce card, but the Quadro should edge it out at OpenGL, and be much more capable at general CUDA/OpenCL calculations. I don't imagine anyone will think this is a workstation replacement, they're probably just there to push the 4K Adobe RGB displays.
>>
>>2702540
drawing tablets are stagnant as fuck and tend to use the same tech. your 13hd is using the same tech that's in the old ass intuos 3.

these are good since it finally moves away from 1080p
>>
>>2702567
so, it is better for 2D and 3D applications to replace my desktop GTX460 to a Quadro or FirePro GPU? I will get any performance or quality advantage?
>>
>>2702540
The fact that the colors suck on these holds me back.
>>
>>2702617
>96% Adobe RGB
>colors suck
kys, ignoramus
>>
>>2702594
I don't think it's worth it unless you're making money with 3D or CAD; at several times the price of a comparable GeForce card it's not exactly a value proposition.
>>
>Jewcom
>Windows 10
>WQHD
>UHD
>3D camera
>$2399
For fuck's sake? Can I play BF1 on this?
>>
>>2702481
2k is too expensive for me...

Are the surface pros good? Or just a meme?
>>
>>2703063
If you're looking into the surface try comparing to the ipad pro with their apple pen. I think it's 700 total and procreate runs great with no lag. Still has tilt and pressure and everything. You can demo in a lot of stores.
>>
>>2702481
I saved up money for the companion 2 and ended up buying a cintiq 3 instead.

I knew I should have waited and I came buckets looking at this ic
>>
>>2702549

Afford or "afford"?

Because I can "afford" 11 of them, that doesn't mean I'm going to be blowing such a significant proportion of my savings on a device that expensive. Maybe I'm just cheap, but I'd rather have a rainy day fund than a flashy new tablet.
>>
>>2702481

I'm waiting for an updated cintiq 27 or what not. I am still using an 24 from previous generation. I'm ready for an upgrade, but I'd rather have the next version not this current one.
>>
>>2702549
I can "afford 4 of those", and I don't have a dime saved up.
>>
>>2703356
You're going to be waiting a really long time, considering the current model came out last year.
>>
>>2703399
Hey can't we just put a gaming laptop specs and combine it with a cintiq 13 hd?
>>
Looks like Wacom finally decided to get off their ass now that Apple is threatening their monopoly

How long until we get a normal Cintiq with dat enhanced pen and 15.6 screen size?

Id buy the shit out of that
>>
>>2703408
I always thought Apple was just about rehashing the same old shit in new colors for mad money, but then they come in and make a better stylus than anything Wacom has.

Too bad they went with a fucking mobile OS, what the actual fuck
>>
>>2703428
A mobile OS is fine for a mobile tablet. If you're sketching on the go Procreate is more than enough. I'd buy the shit out of a pen capable Apple display, though, assuming they gave up their thunderbolt shit for something normal people use.
>>
>>2703407
You don't need gaming laptop specs for a drawing tablet.

Art software is 99% CPU, GPU does jack shit. Even zbrush is all CPU. These aren't made to play videogames, they're made for work.
>>
>>2702481
LETS SAY
I want a portable tablet right now.
Should I get an iPad Pro?
>10 Hour battery life
>1024 lvls pen with great reviews
>can do amazing things in Procreate
>it is easier to carry than a wacom companion

All the pros I've asked and all the reviews say they rather stick with the ipad pro.
I won't buy these new wacom for the life of me. Wacom has been desperately trying to sell portable tablets to no avail.
First it was the companion and the shitty hybrid they dont even make those anymore.
Then it was the cintiq companion 2 and the refurbished companions.
And now we have this overpriced piece of shit.

I don't trust wacom anymore. They treat artists like cows. I'd be much happier with an ugee a huion or a fucking yiyinova now

FUCK WACOM AND FUCK YOUR USELESS FUCKING DRIVERS
>>
>>2703588
>iPad Pro
Try /g/. You probably not interested in drawing.
>>
>>2703598
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VMA25CqKcn8
>>
>>2703598
iPadPro is literally the best portable drawing device available right now.

The alternatives are LOLNTRIG, wacom digitizers, which are shit, and the companion, which is old tech you shouldn't be paying for.
>>
>>2703610
>the companion, which is old tech you shouldn't be paying for
What, why? I've been considering it...
>>
>>2703619
Stop buying wacom's portable tablets. They all have a known battery issue as well as the sketchbook pro. You will buy a 2000$ device and then regret it after a year because of battery and response issues.
The other wacoms however are good (intuos and normal cintiq)
The best option is the ipad pro. It barely has cons. Of course you should always have a desktop computer and graphic tablet for real heavy work. But for good casual outside drawing/studying you are 10 times better off with an ipad pro
>>
>>2703638
I meant to say microsoft surface pro not sketchbook pro.
>>
>>2703619
>pro pen
>72% NTSC
>up to 4.5 hours battery life with up to 2 hours battery charge
>etc
Just wait a month or two for the one in the op to be reviewed, from the specs we do know, the companion is garbage in comparison. Baring any major fuck-ups, there's 0 reason to buy the companion.

Even then, ipad pro has the same quality screen and more likely than not, better pen experience, so it comes down to whether you actually need the software the wacom device supports on a portable device.

If you never used a windows drawing tablet, bear in mind that the workflow is pretty bad without a keyboard, and you will be using a virtual hotkey program as a substitute, which takes up screen real estate, so doing "serious", time-sensitive work is not the best idea.

The companion/this new device has actual buttons on the tablet, but's not really enough to offset lack of keyboard.
On the other hand, ipad pro has software built around touch/pen interface, but it is purely for illustration, and lacks work-related features like robust warping or color editing. There's also the possibility for the software getting more professional, while I'm 99,9999% sure Adobe doesn't give a single shit about tablets.

That being said, I like using a tablet as much as possible, but that's just me.
>>
>>2703428
Wacom has been rehashing the same old shit since the Intuos 3

the Apple Pencil offers new shit that Wacom never even bothered to do
>>
File: 1475176609130.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1475176609130.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>4k
>Adobe RGB
>10bit colors

All useless unless you're a photographer
if you use any of these for digital art have fun calibrating all the time because your art is going to look like shit on everyone else's screen, which are 1080p TN panels 99% of the time.
>>
>>2704030
Those are pretty important for
1) your fucking eyes
and
2) professional workflow between different people on different machines
>>
>>2702481
>3D Camera
>$1799-US for only sane cheap option
>Still using EMR

0 regret for buying a surface pro 4 when I did. This just looks stupid.

I'd be a lot more excited for when USI stylus devices come out.
>>
File: CWuWNTKUAAErv5J.jpg (40KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
CWuWNTKUAAErv5J.jpg
40KB, 600x400px
>>2704034
>Professional workflow
Pic related, what a "professional workflow" looks like
>>
>>2704129
>between different people on different machines
It's like you can't even read.

I know you have no concept of a pipeline because you have no job, but put some effort in.
>>
>>2704141
Sure anon, we get it, you're a professional who needs expensive computers to make your art better :^)
>>
>>2704144
Nice strawman
>>
>>2704034
>>2704141
And what sort of professional workflow uses mobile tablets rather than actual workstations?
>>
This is my next

>+10 hour battery life
>Windows tablet and intuous combined (huge plus for me)

However
>atom cpu
This is what most people hate about this, but it can run Sai just fine at 5000x5000px, it's not gonna replace my main pc but I don't plan it to. It's great for sketches/thumbs and underpainting while sitting comfortably on the couch
>>
>>2704179
>workstation
>digital art
Do you even know what a workstation is? Workstations are designed to work near maximum capacity for extended periods of time, if you're using a workstation to draw and paint, you're retarded.
>>
>>2704181
Not gonna lie, that is pretty fucking sexy
>>
File: anime.jpg (481KB, 1365x1586px) Image search: [Google]
anime.jpg
481KB, 1365x1586px
>>2704030
I'm surprised 99.9% of devices are still 8-bit. 255 shades of gray? Banding? Little-end difference of 1 bit changes the color more than JND? Fuck that.
>>
>>2703610
how bout surface pro?
>>
>>2704300
>lolntrig
>>
Well, I've been using a cintiq 21ux for... 4-ish years, and I've always wanted a direct parallel that I could take with me, or just move to different desks around the house without making it an ordeal. Switching over to an Ipad Pro isn't a reasonable thing to ask of somebody who's been using Wacom, and Windows based applications in their workflow for years. If you've got the cash, fuck it, at worst, it's an overpriced coffee house sketchpad. I'm probably gonna grab one when it comes out in November.

>>2704192
Workstations are just fast computers, with a lot of ram and v-ram. They are for any kind of demanding computer work, eg digital painting, modeling, video editing, rendering and any scientific application that might call for a lot of gpu power to crunch simulation numbers. Companies and individuals buy them because they have a budget, and it's convenient to do their work on fast machines. That is it.
>>
>>2704375
>Workstations are just fast computers, with a lot of ram and v-ram.
No, they are not. In a traditional sense, a workstation is a terminal, in this context, a workstation is a computer designed to work near maximum capacity for extended periods of time, made from components not suitable for a pc, because they are less powerful for the normal consumer, but are more reliable, ie capable of operating under high stress for prolonged periods. They are made this way because operations such as rendering, video editing, and to a lesser extent photo editing demand it. Painting does not.

A graphic intensive video game is "demanding computer work", but is work better suited to high-end pcs. A workstation would have worse performance in this situation than the consumer pc, while the pc components are not capable of enduring the stress of operating at maximum output for any significant amount of time.
This is the reason we have workstation GPUs and commercial GPUs.

Xeon and other multi-core CPUs also perform worse in most day-to-day applications, but are used for workstations because they are better suited to the above operations.
Digital painting does not even begin to make use of those cores, and is better suited to commercial.

These are two distinct categories of product for a reason.
An HP workstation can be cheaper than a powerful PC, but will perform better under load.

Fast PC =/= Workstation

Again, if you are using a workstation to paint, you are a moron.
>>
>>2704375
Stop buying wacom just because they made you believe they are the "professional" brand.
Their tablets are pure garbage and haven't even improved in 5 fucking years. They still use the same fucking tech.
If you want to go with a portable sketchpad go iPad Pro and do real work on your desktop with another tablet
>>
>>2704395
I need someone like you to build me a workstation.
What things should I look for in a PC for painting and little 3d???
>>
>>2704395

Workstation is just a term people use for computers suited to scientific or technical work, and not gaming, or other lower end consumer tasks. Workstations do in fact generally have more ram and v-ram than consumer grade equivalents, because they usually need it for handling large file sizes. And, they usually have faster cpu's or more cores, depending on the work load. None of what I said was untrue, just simplified.

Again, it's just a term used to describe a computer on which work is done, apart from regular consumer activity, where more ram, v-ram, processing cores, or what have you, is required to perform the work efficiently. Usually the title "workstation" is tacked on by whoever is naming the product line, and doesn't reflect the reality of the machine. It's a broad category of machine that marketed not for server, office, or gaming use, but often features identical hardware anyway. There are plenty of ways that digital painting can take full advantage of a high end workstation computer.

A great example of a workstation GPU that is literally identical, and in most cases inferior, to its gaming equivilant is the nvidia quadro series. They are functionally identical to current gaming cards, but they just have more ram. Period. They've been bench marked and stress tested and they just have more ram. Gaming cards beat them out in almost every other category. including longevity.

>>2704404

If you have a large budget, buy from a company like digital storm or any company that makes them and garners good reviews. If you're looking to save some cash, go over to the linus tech tips forum, and find a current workstation build that suits your needs, and order the parts exactly. Really, you don't need anything special, just buy what you can afford, and you'll learn to put up with its limitations.

>>2704401
Wacom's perfectly fine for any practical use under the sun, and their pens don't need to fucking recharge. That's good enough for my money.
>>
File: The_White_Isabeau_SMTIV.png (166KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
The_White_Isabeau_SMTIV.png
166KB, 512x512px
>>2702481
I want to kill myself for two days straight by now.
>>
File: 06-Solidworks[1].png (24KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
06-Solidworks[1].png
24KB, 600x450px
>>2704462
lolok
>>
>>2704471
Right.. because a synthetic benchmark in a non real world scenario proves pretty much everything. The real world isn't that clean, and I know for a fact that that chart is tilted because a 390x is scoring higher than a 1080, which by all but the most handpicked scenarios is just not going to hold true.
>>
>>2704471
http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-Quadro-K6000-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1080/2837vs3603

Here's a link to some numbers that aren't bullshit. The tests here use the same kind of synthetic benchmarks, and they have massive sample sizes. Dig through this if you want usable data. This link goes to the 1080 up against a k6000, a much faster card than the m series equivilant.
>>
>>2703063
I've had a surface 3, I found it horrible to draw on. Syrupy feel of the strokes (this was the worst), big parallax, too slick glass screen... I could only squeeze out some sketchy shit on it, with way more effort then drawing with my Intous. Would not recommend.
>>
>>2704487
wait, got that flipped in my head, the m6000 is the faster one.
>>
>>2704487
>crowdsourced benchmarks in uncontrolled environments
>not bullshit
>>
>>2704030
>TN
TN monitors are shit, too bad viewing angles! IPS is a million times better for drawing. But I agree that the massive resolution and all that jazz is kinda redundant... at least for many.
>>
>>2704181
I'm drooling a bit after that one...
>>
>>2704181
i also kinda want this but take it from me who has bought these things before; the novelty wears off really fast.
>>
>>2702481
>STILL 16:9 aspect ratio
fucking really Wacom?
>>
>>2704501
TN is shit yes, the only "art" monitor you need is a decent IPS monitor with 100% SRGB

any resolution above makes it hard to use brush textures and is much more resource intensive on your computer, Adobe RGB wont show up on 99% of peoples monitors who are viewing your work.
>>
>>2704522
What do you mean by these things? As in tablets? Because this is like a new concept as far as I'm aware
>>
Can someone give me a few examples what the 3d camera would be good for? Seems kinda gimmicky
>>
>>2704575
the whole novelty of the [insert feature here]/laptop thing. it sounds excellent on concept but in practice you usually end up just using it as a laptop.

also guaranteed this is going to have some annoying issues with the changeover. lenovo has trouble getting the flip function of their devices to work, and they use that as a selling point.
>>
>>2704589
It's like 2048 pressure levels. Marketing
>>
Someone needs to develop a real brush stylus that mimicks the flexiblity of the real thing.
>>
>>2704611

Sensitivity serves a purpose atleast. Like in what situation would you use the 3d camera?
>>
>>2703638
plus the fucking power jacks keep breaking
>>
>>2704615
>He doesn't know
There is no difference between 1024 and 2048.
To feel the difference you should work at100000x100000 resolution canvas
More important 2048 lvl turning off by default in wacom settings. So 90% of artists who think they use 2048 actually work in 1024.
>>
>>2703638
Anon tell me more about the ipad pro!
>>
>>2704635

I wasn't talking about the marketed differencies in pressure levels you thick headed literal poster boy of autism. I said that pressure sensitivity is a feature that serves a purpose. What purpose does a 3d camera serve a artist? In what real world situation would it be useful?
>>
>>2704478
Nvidia cards lack hardware compute abilities so that situation is very well possible
>>
>>2704652
In what real world situation would it be useful?
Why do you need 4k resolution tablet in 2016? 3D camera is cool and awesome like 4k movies on 13 inch screen and w10. Buy it
>>
>>2704404
How 2 have fast computer for digital art
>Get a good SSD
>get lots of RAM

you can stick both of these in any computer and itll work, 99% of the time if your computer is too shit for Photoshop or similar its because its not keeping up with reading and writing all the data
>>
>>2702481
As long as it does sound like a jet liner taking off.
I hope wacom trade in program.
>>
What interest does one of these things bring anyhow, I could just go to the dumpster of a nearby art company, take one of their thrown out xbox hueg tablet screens that "doesn't work" and fix it by replacing 1 capacitor.

Why on earth would I pick an oversized smartphone over that?
>>
>>2704698

what

what

what

nigga u stoopid
>>
>>2704609
yeah true
I don't like it being labelled as a 2 in 1 laptop, it's more of a tablet to me (gonna replace it for my Dell venue 8 pro)

I'm likely gonna wait for reviews and customer reviews before I make a decision, i'll also play with it at a store when it comes out on friday
>>
>>2702481
The success of the iPad pro scared them into getting off their asses and actually innovate for a change
>>
File: 1474767156249.png (44KB, 254x252px) Image search: [Google]
1474767156249.png
44KB, 254x252px
>With the Pro Pen 2, Wacom says its go-to input device is now four times more accurate and pressure sensitive than its predecessor. That's up from 2,048 levels of pressure sensitivity last time out.

>They literally just added more pressure levels and called it new

Fuck Wacom and their monopoly.
Apple better do more shit with the Pencil, make it usable on desktops and Wacom is dead.
>>
>>2702481

Unless it's as thin and portable as a iPad Pro wacom can suck my dick. Fuck them and their overpriced products.
>>
>>2702481
>still no updated wacom pen in a post apple pencil world
TRASH.
>>
>>2704776
>tfw I've been surviving with what is either 64 or 128 pressure levels on my old thinkpad tablet/laptop
life is alright
>>
File: chinese wacom.jpg (238KB, 1000x1196px) Image search: [Google]
chinese wacom.jpg
238KB, 1000x1196px
there also the cube i7book

>http://www.gearbest.com/tablet-pcs/pp_366651.html
>>
>>2704698

Tell me, anon, how much dumpster diving have you done where this foolproof strategy worked out?
>>
>>2704875
see
>>2704689

1 dollar japanese capacitor

I haven't had a job and have made enough revenue in the last 3 years to keep me going without needing to lift even a foot for about 4 to 6 years depending on the economy and it's gains/growths/downpours.

I'm not certain if it would be a very wise thing to attempt to copy in America though, but I might be wrong.
>>
>>2704761
but that's not innovation. that's pure shit.

you want a mobile tablet right? this means you want something easy to draw and paint on. something light to carry. something that is in more danger (because you just don't usually take tablets for painting landscapes with the sun, the rain and the snow and wind, know what I'm sayin'?) and doesn't fall apart that easy.
you need something really fast
but mostly and above all you need the battery to work for long periods of time.

wacom believes people are going to be satisfied with these pieces of shit. what guarantee do I have If the companion had bad reviews, the hybrid had bad reviews and the companion TWO, yeah, they didn't even mind the name change, doesn't even last 3 hours on heavy work. the companion 2 easily takes more than 2 hours and a half to charge, if you want to use it while charging however it will take much more

wacom has failed as a company that doesn't deliver with graphic tablets.

apple, wich is jewer and moneysucker than most, has not. they have delivered the best portable tablet to the day.
and I'm not an apple fan, In fact, I hate apple. I fucking hate apple but their things do the job they are supposed to do. and the ipad pro isn't even marketed to professionals.
wacom doesn't make any sense

that's why I'm leaving the brand until they decide to become responsible with their fucking jobs
>>
>>2704635
>he doesn't work at 100000x100000 resolution
Fucking pleb.
>>
>>2704932
>being a buttblasted poorfag
I pity you.
>>
>>2704942
what the fuck is this constant pushing on
>if you don't buy garbage you're a poorfag
on 4chan?

>/g/'s garbage
>/v/'s garbage
>hiroshimas garbage
>/ic/'s garbage
like hello you don't get rich by buying STUPID SHIT all the time
>>
>>2704846
>can write,can draw,can table.
>>
The only good reason to buy wacom in spite of the disgusting pricing is for brush rotation. coming from trad, it's really noticeable how time-consuming and unintuitive painting with a round brush and cutting to get the edges you want is compared to being able to angle a flat the way you need it.
>>
>>2704942
I'm not poor. but I probably don't want to spend money on things that just won't work? never thought of that?
still. I'd prefer to buy an endless supply of traditional materials. but who cares anyway. wacom is still shit
>>
>>2704820
but its got MORE PRESSURE LEVELS
>>
They should focus on better drivers instead.
>>
>>2704963
ipad pro lets you draw with the side of the pencil to get the same effect.
>>
>>2705006
>soon
>new wacom tablet with 10000 pressure levels
>1024 by default in hidden settings
>people will praise new pressure levels in reviews
Can someone explain me what's the deal with apple pencil? I fear Apple shills. New tehnology or what?
>>
>>2705013
>2016
>still got The Tablet Driver Was Not Found error
>>
File: vilppu.jpg (129KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
vilppu.jpg
129KB, 1280x720px
>>2705023
Try it out at a store, I don't even own it. Just wanted wacom to step their game up. Can't believe we are still using fucking nibs. Apple pencil feels more like a traditional pencil compared to the wacom pen which feels like you are drawing with a thick marker. It also allows you to angle it to the side. You know how teachers like vilppu like to draw holding their pencil, you can do that with apple pencil.
>>
>>2705023
Apple Pencil
>No more shitty plastic little nibs
>Doesnt have the layer of glass between the screen and digitizer the Cintiq has, which means its easier for it to pick up pen pressure on the low end.
>Lets you draw from the side of the pencil
>Art tablet that wont drain all of its battery within 2 hours

Wacom
>Let's just add more pressure levels. People are gonna buy it anyway.
>Lets also keep rebranding the Intuos 5 when chink tablets are offering the exact same performance for 50 bucks
>>
>>2705024
Get a better PC pajeet. Driver problem is not a problem since Intuos 5.
>>
>>2705024
lmao this is hilarious. you know what fixed this for me? upgrading to windows 10. don't seem to get it anymore.
>>
I feel like the only reason why Wacom is still in business is because they're just "the brand" you gotta buy

I remember asking a tech support question about Photoshop and Huion tablets and the people from Adobe just responded "buy a Wacom"
>>
>>2705039
>better PC
Stop anon. Just stop. Your advice is quora level.
>>
File: tumblr_mghgjlMiMj1qckcfjo1_400.jpg (22KB, 259x290px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mghgjlMiMj1qckcfjo1_400.jpg
22KB, 259x290px
>>2705030
>>2705038
>appleshills are this desperate
>can't even honestly admit that inferior canvas surface on ipad have a shitty glass feel that can't even remotely compete with Intuos god-tier paper-feel surface
>>
File: 1475540304019.png (59KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1475540304019.png
59KB, 1280x960px
>>2705048
thats just the feeling of your nibs wearing away at lightspeed
Hope you have that weekly $25 for Wacom nibs
>>
>>2705044
You are fucking idiot mate. Upgrade your WinXP already and stop suffering like an imbecile.
>>
>>2705051
Still better than literally drawing on plain glass with piece of glossy plastic.
>>
File: IMG_20161006_034110.jpg (106KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161006_034110.jpg
106KB, 1000x600px
>>2705052
>god-tier paper-feel surface
You right. Thanks based Wacom.
>>2705052
>https://www.reddit.com/r/wacom/comments/3mscuw/the_tablet_driver_was_not_found/
>w10
???
Actually it's w7 error
>>
>>2705030
iPad Pro owner here, the tilt is nothing like using a pencil with an under/overhand grip. It doesn't detect rotation, so no matter which direction you're going with the pencil you always get an equally thick stroke. The sensitivity is pretty garbage too, it triggers suddenly at a slight angle and you go from your normal stroke to a really fat line and significant decrease in opacity. With most Procreate brushes I trigger it accidentally by not holding the pen perfectly straight. It's the one thing I don't like about the Pencil, along with the amount of force it takes to reach full pressure in the default curve.
>>
>>2705048
>what is a screen cover
>>
>There are hoards of new Kim Jung Gis in training in China right now who draw on Windows XP shit machines with photoshop Cs2 and wacom bamboos

>/ic/ is arguing over their $1000 tablets

never gonna make ot
>>
>>2705060
Can you at least turrn this function off?
>>
>>2705062
I don't think chinese artists are poor.
>>
> Customer options are defined by Solid State Drive (SSD) size – 64GB ($1499), 128GB ($1799), 256GB ($1999) and 512GB ($2499).

what sort of fucking cuck would pay $1000 for a 512GB ssd?
>>
>>2705054
>not drawing on plain glass with a piece of glossy plastic
You guys have no class.
>>
>>2705072
>caring about SSD
>>
File: 4325435353.jpg (66KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
4325435353.jpg
66KB, 1280x720px
>>2705072
"that" gay
>>
>>2705072
Its not only SSD though, processors are different as well. 512Gb also got gimmicky 3D camera.
>>
>>2705065
Will depend on the software you're using. Procreate has a great brush engine and a shitton of options, so you can change the angle/opacity/size or turn it off completely, but it needs to be changed individually in each brush.
>>
>>2705072
Wacom's prices are just like Apple, their storage and memory options are worth more than gold. A 64GB drive in a computer is absolutely ridiculous.

>>2705075
>using a mechanical drive on a mobile device
How is your iPod Classic going?
>>
>no CSP for ipad
>>
File: 1475697391547.jpg (99KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1475697391547.jpg
99KB, 1280x720px
>le nibs are wearing
>le price is pricey
>le pressure levels are not important
Whatever, at least we've got a proper Adobeshit to work with, while cheap-ass applefags will use their pathetic 3rd world trash apps forever.
>>
>>2705084
>we
But I don't use Companion garbage
>>
>>2705084
Don't come crying after this shit just stops working like a companion.
>>
>>2705084
Proper Adobeshit that's not optimized to run on your overpriced dual-core. Maybe we'd have better Wacom products if people like you didn't keep defending the recycled ancient tech they keep putting out.
>>
File: 1475706507216.jpg (72KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1475706507216.jpg
72KB, 1920x1080px
>>2705091
>he believes in paid antimarketing reviews on Amazon
Literally nobody from my mates with Companion 2 experienced troubles with it as those paid chinks and applefags. The only objective cons of this was a battery life and now it will be fixed in MSP.

>>2705094
>applefag
>talking about recycling of ancient tech
Also you got literally nothing to back up your false claims with about bad optimization, cuck.
>>
>>2705089
>implying you're even drawing shit
Agree. For /ic/ oekakis cintiqs kinda overkill m8.
>>
>>2705024
>Draw in photoshop
>lines go raw and jittery half the time

Seems like this damn problem only happens in PS and not other programs.
>>
>>2705108
>cintiqs
>companion
>necessary for high level drawings
Are you from /a/?
>>
>>2705114
If you're a blind rat that can't into abstract vision and got some fundamental problems with scale feeling you can always turn your Companion into Cintiq mode and use your main workstation monitor as a wide-scale second workspace to check your shit out.
>>
File: large.jpg (32KB, 461x461px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
32KB, 461x461px
>>2705114
Show us your high level drawings duder.
>>
can we just stop with the blind apple hate?
ipad pro is better then everything in the non pro market in it's first iteration.
That this happened is due to wacom's monopoly and not innovating in years.
This tablet is their answer and it's way overpriced for normal everyday artists.
I'll wait for the reviews but I'm satisfied wth my intuos on the desktop.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_kAYzjxsXA
>>
>>2705143
wtf? already? sweet christmas.
>>
>>2705143
>i7-5667U
They stick a Quadro in there but still can't afford an HQ i7? wtf man.
>>
>>2705048
we're talking about apple pro vs cintiq not intuous. but nice try
>>
>>2705148
battery nigger
>>
>"up to 6 hours battery life"
>$1500 for only 64gb ssd +$500 to jump to 256gb

128gb should be the bare minimum.
>>
>>2705153
yeah
I can forgive and settle with 6hrs but 64gb is unforgivable
>>
>>2705152
Battery life is still going to be bad, though. Maybe I'm being stupid, but I'd rather have a better CPU than a compromise on something they can't fix.
>>
>>2705153
You mean

>After 6 hours being on. Not counting photoshop or any other program

Fucking cucks
>>
>>2705150
Cintiq uses the same textured protector as the surface used in Intuoses m8.
>>
File: china-fattest-man-12.jpg (44KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
china-fattest-man-12.jpg
44KB, 900x600px
>>2705156
>considering low-end models in the first place
>>
File: poorfags.jpg (203KB, 572x883px) Image search: [Google]
poorfags.jpg
203KB, 572x883px
>people literally begging their Wacom overlords on twitter and youtube to send them shit for 'reviewing'
Fucking hell.
>>
>>2705178
cintiqs have more parallax because of the glass layer
>>
File: intuos4.jpg (252KB, 900x671px) Image search: [Google]
intuos4.jpg
252KB, 900x671px
>>2705131
>>
>>2705233
Not him but I'm jelly

Keep it up anon you're good.
>>
>>2705233
Holy shit, so good, blog? How do I learn to render like you?
>>
When will competition get real and get Wacom to stop overpricing their shit?
How much of the market belongs to Huion, Monoprice and Yiynova?
>>
>>2705254
Who cares about price anyways? 1 grand is like nothing if you work. 2 grand is even more nothing. Once you get a tablet, it lasts like years anyways.
>>
>>2705242

it's called blend and smudge
>>
>>2705256
>1 grand is like nothing if you work. 2 grand is even more nothing.
>5 grand is super nothing
>1 million is hyper nothing
>>
>>2705233
Eddccer?
>>
>>2705145

Bulletproof nigga spotted
>>
>>2705143

Is there still no way to hide the cursor in photoshop? It's just in the way when painting directly on the screen.
>>
>>2705084
>using photoshop to draw
shit doesn't even have a stabilizer out of the box
what the fuck
>>
>>2705434
>he needs stabilizer to draw
How to spot a filthy newfag
>>
>>2705456
>he draws digitally
ew gross get this non-caveman out of here
>>
>>2705112
That's a problem a lot of people get with PS and Wacom. I haven't bothered looking into any fixes in a while, but the only thing that worked for me was rolling back to an old Wacom driver.
>>
>>2705494
LazyNezumi actually has a photoshop jitter bug fix option.
>>
>>2705143
>no lag
>lag
>tiny tiny lettars
>when you don't even want finger input
>why the fuck is there a little cleaning cloth in there? I paid 3k, fuck off with your worthless extra.

Jokes aside, while I doubt it will happen, I hope Huion&Co do the same thing for a third of a price again. But they will probably be kept back by shit contracts and connections for building and selling x86 based tablets.
>>
File: 1475012033749.png (45KB, 231x277px) Image search: [Google]
1475012033749.png
45KB, 231x277px
What should I get if I want a mobile computer that doubles as an art tablet?

Ive tried a computer with Ntrig like the SP3 before and the pen accuracy was Parkinsons tier, plus if you worked at resolutions over 500px the lines took seconds to put down.
>>
>>2704822
is it a x220/230? Ive considered one of those
>>
>>2705020
No, that's called tilt.
>>
>>2704181
can the actual screen be used as a competent pad? if its half as responsive as a surface for drawing i'm sold
>>
>>2706542

why wont you want to draw on the screen when the other side is an intouos? thats the whole selling point of this device
>no lag or parallax that you get with drawing on a screen
>>
>>2706549
i'd like to switch between for touching up
>>
>>2706549
*why would you
>>
>>2706551
I don't know what you mean by that, but you can use the pen on the screen without pressure
>>
>>2706555
I would use the screen to pinch zoom/select brushes and the other part to draw
>>
Anyone have any tips for the thinkpad yoga? Got mine for writing and watching videos while i cook, but i'd really like to use the tablet to practice drawing. So far photoshop seems to be the only thing that works alright in terms of drawing. just need to find a better pen, my bamboo fun is way too old for it, and no eraser and only one button is awful to work with.
>>
>>2705943
MobileStudio Pro.
>>
Ok.... This is litearlly worthless unless you got the 256+ gb models. Windows 10, and adobe suite, and a ram swap partition is going to take up almost all of your 64GB SSD on the base model. If your not making your drawing for ants you have almost no space to save your art/refrences/temp interenet files etc.

This is literally useless unless storage is expandable somehow.
>>
>>2706685
they'll probably push adobe cloud. but yeah they need to make the ssd easy to access... the ssd will likely be the first thing to fail on the unit
>>
>>2706689
>he still believes in SSD wearout
>>
>>2706697
yes?
>>
>>2705233
is this a meme or did you use work from 6 months ago?
>>
>>2706689
Lol. That battery will turn to shit and the CPU will be obsolete far before the ssd dies. SSD and ram might be upgradeable if they don't go the apple route and solder everything to the board, but it's definitely not going to be easy to access.
>>
>>2706647
I have a Windows tablet with atom cpu (old specs to the yoga book) and MyPaint or Sao works well
>>
>>2706759
I barely see any tablets with upgradable ram
>>
>>2706743
don't spoil
>>
All I gotta say is I bought the 13HD and I feel like I should have saved for the larger model...
>>
>>2706815
>All I gotta say is I bought the 13HD and I feel like I should have saved for the THICC model.

fixed. also dayum
>>
I have a 13hd, its nice but the aspect ratio sucks
>>
>>2706817
u right anon
>>
>>2706815
name of qt pls.
>>
>>2706786
I believe you could swap the RAM in the Companion 2.
>>
File: come on.png (69KB, 322x210px) Image search: [Google]
come on.png
69KB, 322x210px
>a tablet with a visible screen

honestly are you an artist or a fucking single mother playing fruit ninja instead of practicing, why does shit like this even exist
>>
>>2706876
Anon, I think you might be coming down with a bad case of stupid.
>>
File: defoo.jpg (145KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
defoo.jpg
145KB, 1920x1080px
>>2706898
not an argument
>>
>>2706876
are you fucking retarded
>>
>>2706876
Do you turn off your monitor when you use your Intuos?
>>
>>2706904
>>2706908
/ic/ fucking please, how are you not getting this
>>
>>2706911
is it a reference? you should know better than to tell jokes on /ic/
>>
>>2706917
no, it's sincere but probably in a way you don't understand

I'll just fuck off then
>>
File: 1475859491213.jpg (226KB, 2040x1392px) Image search: [Google]
1475859491213.jpg
226KB, 2040x1392px
Daily reminder that getting a tablet is not a substitute to getting gud, pic related, this guy has a Cintiq, charges $100 per character illustration. He actually gets work somehow though.
>>
>>2705062
China is 1 billion people
if 1% of those people are have enough money for one these they already have a sizable market
of course China isn't as poor as people think it is, they have a decently sized middle class that is growing
>>
>>2706674
too expensive
I just got a thinkpad, hope it goes well
>>
File: 1440479248337.jpg (53KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1440479248337.jpg
53KB, 500x400px
>Buying Wacom when Chink knockoff tablets keep getting better and better

At this point name is all Wacom has going for them.
>>
>>2706856
https://www.instagram.com/mariahmallad/?hl=en
>>
File: 1471604004999.jpg (117KB, 3444x472px) Image search: [Google]
1471604004999.jpg
117KB, 3444x472px
>>2705143
>There's no lag at all!
>Obvious lag right there in the fucking video

SHILL
SHILL
REEEEEEE
>>
>>2705256
not everyone lives with their parents when they work
they have all kinds of bills and expenses to pay and saving to have
something like a drawing tablet is usually out of budget, especially if you already own one. leaving upgrading way down on your list
>>
>>2707120
thx honey buns.
>>
so basically wacom has done it again and overpriced their tablets and still have shitty battery life.

very disappointing.
>>
>>2707059
yeah but how long does the china shit last? i was on board the china meme until people started talking about massive malfunctions within a year.

wacom mostly just suffers driver problems
>>
>>2707986
my huin h610 pro lasted me well until i got an intuos 5.

What was dissappointing was that the Intuos was almost exactly the same as the Huion drawing wise, only difference being it had a bit of a paper feel to it, which went away after like a month. At that point I was convinced Wacom was a meme.
>>
Surface Pro (4?) or Companion 2?

Part of me wants to stick with Wacom but the Surface Pro looks good too
>>
>>2707968
you think in a world were normal tablets are going the path of becoming duel drawing tablets that they were try to wow the market and make an all in one of their own
>>
>>2704541
this
goddamit
>>
>>2705194
I would love to test out a cintiq at a comp store.
>>
>>2708125
>no tilt
>no recharge-free pens
>likes to break within a year
Yeah, fuck off, Chun Lee.
>>
>>2708142
Surface is not an actual art-tablet and it falls flat on a lot of areas (trust me, I've had one, ended up selling it) But why would you consider a Companion when the MobileStudio Pro is just around the corner? As far as I can see, the new model has removed a lot of the issues the Companion had (slight lag to the strokes, parallax) Just wait a tiny bit, man!
>>
The problem with pen devices is that nobody has given enough of a shit to make good tech for it. Wacom's magnetic coil solution doesn't work unless it has a huge border to fit the coils in. Other solutions crave batteries in the pen, but they might work just as well as wacom n accuracy, but they're not really popular. But then there's the driver problem, which is the fault of microsoft who develops touch tech but leaves pen tech the same as it was for windows xp. Similarly with adobe, who uses pen tech from the early 2000s as well, and absolutely will not change. It's a good thing we can start leaving adobe behind with new choices, and with adobe actively pushing customers away with the subscription service.
>>
So in conclusion there just isn t a real good option yet for a reasonable price and it's better to wait a bit longer for new models?

But in the mean if you really want something, ipad pro pencil is the best option?
>>
>>2709761
yes, for drawing experience apple pencil is the best one for now.
>>
https://youtu.be/VMA25CqKcn8?t=131

pressure comparison
>>
>>2709761
>>2709836
You probably want an ipad pro with that
>>
File: laughing-girls.jpg (36KB, 250x225px) Image search: [Google]
laughing-girls.jpg
36KB, 250x225px
>>2709836
>>2709870
>>2709841
Appleshills at its finest. Get a job you pitiful poorfags.
>>
>>2709874
shoo shoo, inferior tech
>>
I have a 22U Yiynova and the price is unbeatable but if you think Wacom drivers are bad. Holy fuck. I have CSP and PS barely operating. Sai, Krita and Sketchbook Pro just refuse to cooperate.

My mobile solution right now is the old Surface Pro 2 which I have a high opinion of. I probably won't upgrade to later Surface editions, so it's up to Wacom to make a better product or the iPad Pro.
>>
>>2702481
>wacom keeps punping out new tablets, of course making old ones obsolete over time
>scared of the time my bamboo create dies (or its pencil, which already seems to be happening and I can't find any replacements online) and I'll have to save up for months to get a new one
Any other good cheap-ish drawing tablets?
>>
>>2709923
>>wacom keeps punping out new tablets, of course making old ones obsolete over time
implying they bring innovation
>>
>>2709923
Just get an intuos, you miserable fag.
>>
>>2705943
Nothing, they all have pretty glaring con unless you like apple products.
>>
>overpriced mobile hardware
>windows 10
>even a 3D camera
They're really trying to meme this one up.
>>
>>2702481
ignoring the soon to be released mobile offerings, do we know if/when the advancements in pen tech that these devices sport will be made available in a possibly new line of cintiqs? i would love for less parallax and higher pen accuracy while still being able to get the power of a desktop
>>
>>2708900
Surface pro 4 works fine as an art tablet. I had the $1000 yiynova before and the sp4 is better in every way. Not to mention one of the best ips screens in that form factor. I pretty much have to use a Windows machine because I have all my Photoshop commands mapped to an orbweaver so iPad pro is not viable
>>
>>2712479
if i had to guess they are abandoning the ciniq for these and pushing 'wacom link' to turn it into a cintiq
>>
File: worldisnotsquare.jpg (31KB, 720x900px) Image search: [Google]
worldisnotsquare.jpg
31KB, 720x900px
While we're on the subject of tablets do any of yours draw square circles?
>>
>>2713572
This could be a couple of things

1. your cpu is too slow to keep up with the tablet input - you can use a less cpu-intensive program

2. wintab/tabletpc incompatibility - you need to set up your program and tablet (eg for a huion tablet to work with CSP boith need to be set to tablet pc)
>>
>>2713580
It's a Huion and it draws that way in many programs including their own pressure testing program.
>>
>>2713583
Is your pc shit?
>>
>>2713588
Nope, running a 2500k at 4.2ghz with 16GB of RAM and a HD7950. It's a perfectly good PC.
>>
>>2713589
>2500k
>perfectly good
kek

If it's still angled while moving the stylus slowly, it's the drivers. If it isn't, it's the cpu.

The pressure test is irrelevant, it's not meant for precision, it's there for pressure testing. It will always be like that
>>
>>2713615
I tested it in SAI 2. With tabletPC API it doesn't happen at all, at any speed, but there's a slight cursor lag right when I start to move the stylus. With wintab API it happens at any speed but it's most obvious when I'm moving the pen around quickly.

The 2500k can handle anything else I throw at it just fine. It's old but it's still a workhorse.
>>
>>2713620
There you go then, it's literally what I said in the first post
>2. wintab/tabletpc incompatibility - you need to set up your program and tablet (eg for a huion tablet to work with CSP both need to be set to tablet pc)

In some cases the tablet won't work at all in the wrong mode in a given program.

"support tablet pc" is the the setting you're looking for in the tablet settings, it will depend on the software whether you want it on or not

>The 2500k can handle anything else I throw at it just fine. It's old but it's still a workhorse.
Sai is lightweight, PS on a big canvas and big texture brush, or god forbid Krita, though? You'll see it choke.
The angling thing happens when the cpu chokes, so it loses the tablet input data for split-second, and it tries to reconcile the last cursor coordinates it had with the sudden new ones by drawing a straight line between them.
It happens more the more you stress the cpu with stuff like drawing zoomed out over a large surface, working with many layers, suing texture brushes, brushes with super low spacing, etc.

You're not seeing it when doodling, but it will happen
>>
>>2713630
Guess SAI 2 and Huion are a shit show together. Maybe I better just get a wacom
>>
>>2706815
I once got a 18" chink tablet and it was too huge and heavy

maybe 15.6 is the best middle ground
>>
>>2703348
It's 2016, the definition of "afford" has changed to "I can put it on my debt without having anything repo'd"

Pretty sure I'm the 1% of population who doesn't owe $5000-$600,000
>>
>>2713677
Or you can... you know, not use a beta of the most casual, lightweight art software known to man expecting it to work perfectly and graduate to big boy programs that actually have working releses
>>
>>2702481
>When retards argue about an apple pen not being accurate and want to spend 2500 dollars on a wacom while a famous digital artist of mine can paint well with a bamboo using sai

Just git gud athe art peoples
>>
>>2713696
The SAI2b actually has less problems than Sai 1 in general.
>>
File: 1320301912941.jpg (20KB, 350x277px) Image search: [Google]
1320301912941.jpg
20KB, 350x277px
What's the name of that chink drawing tablet that came out a while back?

It worked as an external monitor/tablet much like older cintiqs, but i can't fucking remember the brand.

Any ideas?

It might've been a huion or monoprice.

I don't want a goddamn all in one tablet.
>>
>>2703588
>Procreate
Great! I can use it for anything but work then!
>>
>>2715645
artisul?
>>
>>2715645
yes
>>
>>2715645
Huion was GT-185, 190, 220 if these are still the current ones.
>>
So are these things gonna overheat like the Companion 2 did or did they finally get their shit togeter?
>>
So how much do the mods make everytime a janitor makes a thread like this?

Seriously, a quarter of a shekel? Maybe even half?

How can an regular anon get in on that (((marketing))) action?
>>
>>2703638
>>2704620
Have a first generation companion. Battery still works fine with pretty good life. Only launch companions had the issue.
>>
>>2719203
what are you mumbling on about?
>>
always wait on the reviews and then wait 6 months for professionals to chime in on the negatives of a 1500+ drawing instrument.
>>
What is the latest news on the Wacom universal pen? ( it was supposed to be as equally good as the apple pencil an compatibel with the surface pro)
>>
>>2715645
ugee 2150?
>>
>>2705461
>hurr durr not using crutches is being a caveman
Enjoy not improving.
Thread posts: 266
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.