[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can blacks be artists? pic very related.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 186
Thread images: 23

File: WE WUZ.png (1MB, 1176x1158px) Image search: [Google]
WE WUZ.png
1MB, 1176x1158px
Can blacks be artists? pic very related.
>>
>>2701016
plz go back to >>/pol/
>>
>>2701016
henry tanner, joshua johnson - the only names that come to mind right now
>>
>>2701027
Alphonso Dunn, too.

>>2701016
Quoting that anon from a similar thread:
>You don't need intelligence to be an artist.

Now, fucking kid, go back to /pol/. We had this discussion before the WE WUZ KANGS shit.
>>
>>2701016
no one gives a shit.
>>
What made you believe artists can't be black in the first place?
>>
>All these people feeding the troll
Ignore the race baiting faggot. You're just needlessly bumping his thread.
>>
generally speaking no. they can be musicians though
>>
>>2701278
>musicians aren't artists
>not knowing the fundamentals of art
You're never going to make it.
>>
>>2701016
stealth we wuz kings thread hide and ignore
>>
>>2701021
/thread
>>
>>2701016
Can computers copy/paste?
>>
>>2701016
AY YO
HOL UP
*SMACKS LIPS*
SO U BE SAYIN'
HOL UP HOL UP
SO YOU BE SAYIN
THAT
*SMACKS LIPS*
WE WUZ KINGZ AND SHIEET
>>
>>2701663

If you're black and on 4chan chances are you aren't as stupid as most other blacks.
>>
>>2701799

The thing with black people growing up we'd always be the troublemakers in the classroom. The ones who would pester the teacher everyday. And if Jamal is doing one thing Tyrone will monkey see monkey do until the whole class is a circus. Unless you've attended school K-12 all predominately white, not in the south, you'll easily remember how it was. There was no room for the anomaly black kid; either you assimilate with the clowns or be chewed out by the rest. It's not a matter of not being able to learn geometry and math (which those subjects can easily be mastered by anyone regardless of race) but some outside factors that diminish any interest in math. Black youth would fall to peer pressure and following their friends due to what I just said and the lack of guidance such as an older sibling or father figure.

I'm not prepared to write a college essay that you won't read but the bottom line is if there is no incentive for a black person to pursue something like concept art, especially since there are barely any in the industry, then they won't do it. There is more I want to say but I'm not writing all that shit.
>>
>>2701827
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MTRxRO5SRA

oh and recommended watching
>>
>>2701812
no need to be angsty g-man
>>
>>2701016
WE
>>
>>2701859
IQ does mean something you nigger. Its associated with your ability to problem solve. which, let's face it, niggers make problems worse all the time. Drawing can also be impaired by IQ "dis sphere is to the left of da square but wha happens when I look da square from other angle? No matter we wuz kangs"
>>
>>2701746
A lot of people think they're smarter than they really are, so I can't say I'm smarter than most other blacks in my age group, but I wouldn't doubt it.
>>
>>2701876

Show me an example of problem solving in art that does not require the use of software. I'll leave the thread open all day to await your answer.
>>
>>2701876
Not sure if you are just dumb or baiting, but I should be drawing anyways
Have a nice shitposting day
>>
>>2701853
>>
>>2701876
>you nigger

hello newfag
>>
>>2701858
WUZ
>>
>>2702523
KANGZ
>>
I only know two personally and both of them are narcissistic as fuck.

There is this guy, Adrian Wilkins, who I stopped hanging out with because of his unbelievable faggotry. If you get into a conversation with this guy, all he does is fish for compliments. He shoves his work under your nose without asking, expects compliments and gets mad as hell if he doesn't get any. Don't even think about having a normal conversation or giving this guy constructive criticism - at best he'll ignore you. All he does is talk about himself, his work and how awesome he is and how bad everyone else is at everything in comparison. It's subtle most of the time but if you aren't socially retarded you'll see through him right away.
The icing on the cake was when this guy started sending me images of other artists (Andree Wallin's work mostly, probably because their names are similar) and pretending they were his own - JUST TO FISH FOR COMPLIMENTS AGAIN. This guy is fucking nuts. I could destroy his career with some of the chatlogs I have and if he ever tries to talk shit about my friends or me again, I'll do it. I hope you're reading this, fucker.

This other guy got caught being a total creep to women recently, trying to get nudes by sending them his artwork in return, you probably know who I mean. All I can say is that he is way worse on a personal level. He spouts shit like "I slept with three objects last week" with a straight face and sees nothing wrong with that. He literally hates women and I honestly think he's secretly gay or bi, considering how much time he spends at the gym and miring the male physique on top of his misogyny.
>>
>>2702542
Also, Adrian will most likely read this because he googles himself constantly. How's it going, suckah?
>>
>>2702542
>(Andree Wallin' is good

I assume you mean this guy. At least he loomises
https://www.instagram.com/adrianwilkinsart/
>>
>>2702542
. >>2702609

But I agree, he sounds annoying as fuck.
>>
>>2702542
desu m8 you sound a bit jelly
>>
>>2701853
Tbh if black people learned to become productive member of society, it would be great for everyone.
>>
Can we please fucking ban all
/pol/ posters from this board.
>>
>>2701829
sal is great but difficult stuff is really hard to stay focused on and to understand in a reasonable timeframe. As a physicist, I had a really hard time on some courses and I was always one of the smartest people in the class. Of course it's partly due to many professors being shit at / not caring about teaching. But it's also the sheer amount of material you have to digest that would have a rando need 10 years instead of 5 to graduate. I guess everyone can learn anything but it could take a really, really long time. If you thing about it, Sal takes a pretty long time in his videos to explain a concept. Which is great if you're struggling with something, but going through a university degree at that pace would be soul draining. Of course, someone who it's "talented" thinks about his trade a lot, which pretty much doubles the practice time. I'd say talent and passion have a lot more in common than most people believe.
In practice, when I look at good art from asians my mind is blown; you can tell they understand what they're doing. When I see good art from a black artist, I go "well that's pretty good" but it's usually pretty simple stuff, they do sharp edges, straight lines and pretty solid colors, not much subtlety is there; black art has a bit more of an instinctive character; not that there's anything wrong with that, everyone has a different style that works best for them; but IQ does have something to do with it IMO. It's just not the same, you know. That said, black people can be good artists of course. Great... I dunno, I've yet to see it.
>>
>>2702616
>being racist
>2016
shiggy
>>
>>2701663

Are you telling me /ic/ is DA GHETTO?

>How do i understand perspective.
>how do i render like this, guise.
>how do I git gud.
>I can't understand loomis.
>How do u study anatomy.
>>
>>2702737
>The last thing you want is niggers swarming into your working environment.

The last thing you want is niggers swarming inside your house. What they do if they don't have a job.

Stop being retarded for a little second, autistic /pol/tard.
>>
>>2701799
You struggle with math and learning in school and art is litterally the only thing I excel at.
>>
>>2701707
I laughed harder at this than i should have
>>
>>2702542
>This other guy got caught being a total creep to women recently, trying to get nudes by sending them his artwork in return.

He sounds like the man desu.
>>
>>2702609
Sounds to me like he just hates getting critique from people who are obviously too far below his level to be hiving critiques.
>>
Blacks can be anything they want to be. Sometimes we have to fight a little harder than lightskin folk but that doesnt make it impossible.
Also stop drawing Jordans and Goku.

Source: me
>>
>>2702775
Thank you for your input, illastrat
>>
>>2702775
You can be anything you want to be. The real question is, will you be as good. Probably not.
>>
File: 1464204132409.jpg (131KB, 525x809px) Image search: [Google]
1464204132409.jpg
131KB, 525x809px
>>2702750
Why? Afraid of some competition?
>>
>>2702737
I'd rather them be painting or drawing than having too much idle time on the streets acting like delinquents. Inner city kids in rough neighborhoods in a nearby city have started to give them mural painting programs after school and on the weekends. It's helped a lot of them stay out of trouble.
>>
>>2702830
Well yeah but what the fuck can we do about that? People are too busy with culture wars and being entertained to even bother with that.

It's ingrained in us to strive for something "above" us. But we will never, ever be apart of the real club. Especially me, I have no social prowess or charisma. Hopefully I can still make something decent though and gain security that way.
>>
>>2701016
Black 18 year old beginner here. I know this is a stealth /pol/ thread, but my iq is good and I did geometry in school.
I'm doing art for fun as a hobby. My dad was even better than me since he went to art and design high school in Manhattan I believe.
There is a black artist group on Facebook that showcases great art by blacks. They're actually like /ic/, they'll call you out on shit (If theyre actually artists themselves)
>inb4 REEEEEEEEEEE facebook normalfags leave
>>
>>2702870
what is your opinion on illastrat? Can you clue us into his psyche, as a fellow black artist?
>>
Sone of the most talented artists were and are Africans such as Basquiat, and I know a bunch from South Africa who are immensely successful. One woman designed the first art car for BMW.

You guys on 4chan are such uneducated and ignorant idiots.
>>
>>2702870

Post the group I've been looking for one and all the groups I've seen are "black art" and not commercial game art like everywhere else.
>>
>>2702871
I draw rather than paint so I doubt I have complete authority to judge, but I will say that I personally don't find his style attractive, although his style isn't boring I'll give him that
>>2702875
Black artists connected. Please don't bring /pol/ bullshit there.
>>
>>2702924
>Please don't bring /pol/ bullshit there.
What? Don't worry I won't...
>scrolls through to glance at art posted
>"black art" like I mentioned before
>DBZ
>caricatures holding glocks

SIGHHH will I ever one day find a serous group of black artists that don't fall into these categories? Does none exist? Do I have to make one myself? But when I do I'll just get a spam of marketers spamming their referral links.
>>
guarantee everyone in this stupid thread sucks at art
>>
>>2702935
stop getting so angry for no reason
>>
>>2702942
I'm not angry
>>
>>2702934
Huh. I barely saw dbz there today. I actually saw some art done by people who went to art school there today.
Also I didn't want anyone in the thread who saw my post to bring /pol/ there
>>
>>2702961

Are you sure?
>>
>>2702964

That's what I'm saying
"art school" and not art school

Where are the Feng Zhu copy cats? Where is the digital art? Where are maya/max model wips? I don't see shit. It's just the same old same old "black art" as every group I've checked on facebook.
>>
>>2702965
yeah, why would you assume that?
>>
eeeehm...what? Racist much?
You know this thread is against rule 1?
also
>>2701827
you can't be serious, right? please tell me you're joking!!!!!
>>
>>2702978
Cause you period rage in an obvious bait thread

Not even that anon
>>
>>2702981
>you can't be serious, right? please tell me you're joking!!!!!

What are you on about exactly?
>>
>>2702988
>What are you on about exactly?
Your blatant racism is just wrong!!??
>>
>>2702997

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic. Regardless my post wasn't being racist as I was speaking from experience.
>>
>WE WUZ LOOMIS N SHIET
>>
>>2702999
I think he's just pretending to be retarded.
>>
tehmeh is a black woman
>>
Alphonso Dunn is pretty based. I really like his figure structure tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waHuGbyjghA
>>
>>2703008
I'd be shocked but you're lying so...
>>
>>2702738
We need Loomis: Ebonics edition

>watermelons with perspective lines
>>
>>2702542
>This other guy got caught being a total creep to women recently, trying to get nudes by sending them his artwork in return, you probably know who I mean. All I can say is that he is way worse on a personal level. He spouts shit like "I slept with three objects last week" with a straight face and sees nothing wrong with that. He literally hates women and I honestly think he's secretly gay or bi, considering how much time he spends at the gym and miring the male physique on top of his misogyny.

He sounds like he knows whats up. Do you have a numale beard by any chance?
>>
>>2703052
Not putting the pussy on the pedestal is the one thing niggers got right.
>>
>>2702982
period rage is making the rightful assumption that people in a /pol/ thread can't draw?
>>
>blacks this
>blacks that

Jesus Christ this just gets tiring after a while. Both sides just argue the same thing all the time. Nothing ever gets done, just preaching to the choir.
>>
>>2701827
>be 1/4 black
>attended a mostly non black elementary school for 4 years
>overall nice kids
>good food
>move to other side of town half way into 5th grade
>literally every kid is black
>the school is in shambles
>the food is AWFUL and I mean BAD
>most of the kids are a bunch of fuck niggas

This is why I hang out with non blacks most of the time.
>>
>>2703272

goodbye
>>
>>2701663
>black artist not posting on /ic/ means they are drawing and improving
>you posting on /ic/ means you are not drawing which means you are not improving
>>
>>2703256
>be 1/4 black

Does this have any relevance to the story?
>>
Where are the mods? Why is /pol/ leaking everywhere? Why can't they stick to their own board?
>>
>>2703585
I'm 1/4th black and don't like most black people.
>>
>>2703690
That's because you're a house nigger.
>>
>>2703696
Yeah, this.
>>
>>2703630
But they are published and you're not?

Also, there are so many awful white artists so I don't understand why anons here are acting as if they don't know any. There are plenty in this very thread.
>>
>>2703715
Some of them are successful artist who have their own shit published. Most are cancer that got in the book for merely being black and having SOME presence on the internet.

>Also, there are so many awful white artists
Yeah but if you really want to look at it trough the race lens (which we are doing right now) then blacks are ridiculously underrepresented even relatively to their population in their respected countries. And people point it out because it's in human nature to do so.
>>
File: image.jpg (82KB, 500x502px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82KB, 500x502px
>>2702931
>Shouting obvious /pol/ shit.
>Lol they think I'm a /pol/tard because I said "nigger".

Nice strawman, retarded nigger.
>>
File: tumblr_o67hsfoodB1vp5t1jo1_1280.jpg (441KB, 839x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o67hsfoodB1vp5t1jo1_1280.jpg
441KB, 839x1280px
if 90 percent of all artists are 'bad', you'd have a hard time finding the great ones in a crowd. keep this in mind while thinking about how black people, at least in the states, arent encouraged to enter the studio art fields. its no wonder you see so few black artists, not counting music.

I know so many black friends and classmates who have obvious artistic potential, but they're either in sports or engineering because they're told thats where they're supposed to be.

I've been drawing my entire life, spending my days in class doodling and yet, nobody pointed me to the steps to improve as an artist 9pic related). I did get harassed by the gym teacher every other day to join the basketball team tho :/.

had someone pointed me to some resources i'd be a considerably more capable artist. now im playing catch up.
>>
>>2701016
>mfw im latino and im pretty decent
>>
>>2704317
Latinos aren't black nor do they identify as ones
>>
>>2704317
Hey Paco, mas ingles.
>>
File: IMG_2659.jpg (66KB, 552x607px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2659.jpg
66KB, 552x607px
>>2704515
except many of them are...
>>
>>2704551
Latinos who are are white passing identify as Caucasian. Only ones that call themselves black and Latin are losers trying to abuse affirmative action
>>
>>2702785
Because the predominantly white 4chan is a hotbed of skilled artists.
>>
>>2702775
>stop drawing jordans and goku

im part of a black anime artist or whatever the fuck and its soooo many black DBZ characters. we all gotta start somewhere lol.
>>
My god this thread.

Are you black? If not, what's the point of discussing this? Just so you can learn what the art potential is of certain ethnic groups? What the fuck for?
>>
File: IMG_5469.jpg (84KB, 500x458px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5469.jpg
84KB, 500x458px
>>2704790
because the white people of this board need to feel superior to something.
>>
>>2703630
>as opposed to the ultimate black art form - black music getting good at which involves "hustlin'" and "gettin' connecshuns" and being able to rhyme words "gun" and "run"

To be fair, when I think of black music I think of blues and jazz, which I don't particularly enjoy myself, but you can't deny that there is a huge level of technical skill involved.
>>
>>2701016
>pic related

Jokes aside, if you do good work, you do good work, senpai.
>>
>>2704800
It's almost like it's a common trait of humanity as a whole to blame others. Others than themselves, other general groups (Racial, political, whatever)

Sorry, was I interrupting your own light evening of bigotry.

Sage goes in every field. This fucking thread.
>>
>>2704800
The funny part is that they think they're smart for having discussions like this, when it really just shows how vapid their lives are.
>>
>>2704555
So you're either white or a self hating? Likely a retard no matter what race you are though
>>
>>2704872
I'd actually like to discuss why there are a lack of black people who are interested in art that isn't black art or DBZ goku. Lets stop bringing up lol in this.
>>
>>2704555
Wrong.

Latinos = Cannot be white nor black
Hispanics = Can be white, black and brown
Castizo = White and Latino
Mulato = Black and Latino
>>
File: degree_stats.png (54KB, 508x557px) Image search: [Google]
degree_stats.png
54KB, 508x557px
>>2704881
My best guess is that art doesn't pay very well and they're looking for better paying majors? It is interesting that more Hispanics major in visual and performing arts though.

(A table of Bachelor's degrees conferred by postsecondary institutions, by race/ethnicity and field of study: 2012-13 and 2013-14)
>>
>>2704968
Well, relative to population size Black, White and Asian are all pretty close. Hispanic is the only outlier which is pretty interesting.
>>
>>2704796
Sshhh you are tuing the 4chan autist's meme.
>>
>>2703585
>Does this have any relevance to the story?
Unless he/she passes as white, yeah it's relevant.

Did you not grow up around black people?
>>
>>2702738
This would explain a lot Tb H.
>>
>>2703272
Blame the system? Really? Then how come asians, also a minority, have no issue being masters at arts?
>>
>>2705550

You know the reason why.
>>
>>2702773
How do you defend him sending around paintings by other artists and acting like they're his own just because he's so desperate for attention and validation, that it doesn't even matter to him if it's genuine? Sounds like a complete nigger to me
>>
>>2705592
And even asians in poor countries , from india and eastern european artists living on dry bread and vodka are numerous and impressive.

Why aren't haiti, nigeria and south africa pumping out great hentai artists? Why is detroit not filled with poor youths that draw decently? Why isn't jamaica the epicentre of incredible island art?

I legit want an answer. Black countries don't share the same cultures so what gives?
>>
>>2705663
They're too busy drowining in floods and patching up their earthquake tent houses in Haiti.

As for the other countries, art is seen as a hobby and not taken seriously as a career choice. Dunno about detroit
>>
>>2705663

Haitians have a culture where they value their own business or whatever (like Jews) in their country and they come here to be doctors. They believe they are superior to African Americans hence why they act arrogant to them and only hire their own when they somehow manage to get into management positions. When they come here Art isn't something they would think of as a career they can get into that can buy them that 5 bedroom house so it never crosses their mind. I'd imagine their mothers would "box them across the head" for ever thinking about drawing after risking their way here on the banana float.

Nigeria and Jamaica are too busy running their own profitable scams. If you live in Detriot and want in on the industry you can forget it.

Really it all comes down to just being lucky that you managed to be middle class, grow up in a white neighborhood, have both your parents, and have access to everything an asian or white kid has so you are on the same playing field. If you have all these things there is no excuse why you cannot make it.
>>
>>2705717
I think the population of Detroit is like 40% drug addicts reduced to stabbing each other because they're too poor to afford guns.
>>
>>2705776
>value their own business
>doctors

I think you mean the men become taxi drivers and janitors while the women go into nursing.
>>
>>2705803

nursing is definitely accurate
>>
Why does this thread exist?

Why does it have 133 replies?
>>
>>2705959

His degeneracy aside, point me to 1 JUST ONE black hentai artist. I don't think I know any.
>>
>>2705991
and from this shithole doesn't count I mean an established pro
>>
>>2705993
>>2705991
>drawing porn = making it

You and OP have very strange standards. Why would anyone, of any race, aspire to be a hentai artist?
>>
>>2706052

I said nothing of the word "making it", I just want to know an established hentai artist who is black.

Hentai artists have a strong command in anatomy so to me that is "making it".
>>
>>2705663
What if I told you not all art is the same? there is all kinds of awesome art from these places. you are clearly sheltered and un-cultured.
>>
File: images.jpg (9KB, 194x259px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 194x259px
>>2706094
eg
>>
File: my_girl_by_illastrat666-dak6ii3.jpg (128KB, 1024x746px) Image search: [Google]
my_girl_by_illastrat666-dak6ii3.jpg
128KB, 1024x746px
we ARE kings
>>
File: 1475343504619.gif (2MB, 283x240px) Image search: [Google]
1475343504619.gif
2MB, 283x240px
>>2706144
>Most good black artists

You can even name any besides the same 7 or so animators/youtubers that keep getting mentioned here.
>because they aren't sex deprived virgins
That's why there are no black hentai artists because when they get out of prison they find any old whore and stick their dick in rango swamp, catch HIV and die. All the good asian hentai artists are sex deprived virgins.
>Nice meme
not really
>>
instead of assuming blacks can't do art, why don't you google it. You niggaz try to protect your vitriolic brand of racism the best way possible. Honestly, blacks are better artists than whites imho.

http://www.complex.com/style/2015/02/young-black-artists-to-watch/
>>
File: el137.43-web.jpg (784KB, 600x716px) Image search: [Google]
el137.43-web.jpg
784KB, 600x716px
khinede wiley
>>
>>2706172
You still didn't name any "most good black artists". Maybe because you know there aren't much out there and refuse to accept it.

>Porn isn't known for anything but it's polished turds like pic-related.

Still better than 98.89% of /ic/, my dude.
>>
File: Bearden-The-Train-520x245.jpg (41KB, 520x245px) Image search: [Google]
Bearden-The-Train-520x245.jpg
41KB, 520x245px
romare bearden
>>
>>2702770
Don't know if the poster you replied to was baiting or not, but the woman was flirting with him in order to get him to show his personal drawings. He guy wanted some nudes in return, but he had no tack, so he just texted her "flash me"
>>
File: WHJohnson_CopperKettle.jpg (173KB, 640x536px) Image search: [Google]
WHJohnson_CopperKettle.jpg
173KB, 640x536px
william h johnson
>>
>>2706179
>>2706175

While I recognize their skill it's still "black art".
>>
ernie barnes
>>
>>2706184
thats because they depict black people in black settings. i don't get what you are saying?
>>
File: charles_wilbert_white_art_5.jpg (304KB, 1024x690px) Image search: [Google]
charles_wilbert_white_art_5.jpg
304KB, 1024x690px
charles white
>>
>>2702934
Most people in general are just shitty artists.
It gets tougher when you filter it further by race.
>>
edward bannister
>>
File: nasher-motley-mending-socks.jpg (16KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
nasher-motley-mending-socks.jpg
16KB, 300x300px
archibald motley
>>
benny andrews
>>
>>2706184
art is art there is no such thing as black art. that's foolish.
>>
File: sangsu-jeong-ninetail.jpg (177KB, 1200x777px) Image search: [Google]
sangsu-jeong-ninetail.jpg
177KB, 1200x777px
>>2706191

I don't know how I can explain it without this spurge >>2706190 hogging on my cock for misunderstanding every time I post.

Depicting black people is fine, in fact they should do that. It's >>2706193 >>2706202 this kind of shit I don't like. When I look at stuff like this it feels like we're being mentally held back always referring to slavery, the struggle, poor life, and African culture when the artist sure as hell didn't come from Africa in the first place.

Why can't I find any black artists that make commercial art normally found on artstation? Like this random pic I picked. Okay pretend it's a black woman depicted here instead--like that. It doesn't always have to be this depressing shit I keep seeing. I can't fully explain it without getting banned for racism it seems.
>>
>>2706135
never stopped being kings!
>>
>>2706175
this is AMAZZING!
>>
>>2701016
Maybe OP should go back to pol you're just getting the shit kicked out of you here...
>>
>>2706211
you can't explain it, because it doesn't make sense re-think your ideas. not all artists want the same things. why would black people base our artistic expression on trying to get into an industry that has summarily rejected us out of hand from the get go. we make our own space for our work like all artists.
>>
>>2706223
>t's because you're half-assing your search

No I'm not. I should be able to find them on the very places that I go to rather than having to dig for them in the deep trenches of space & time.

>thematically there is nothing really interesting about the image you posted
Your opinion, just as I don't find dancing black slaves in the barn shed after mastaa goes to bed "interesting" either. Furthermore it was grabbed at random to give an example.
>>2706228
>why would black people base our artistic expression on trying to get into an industry that has summarily rejected us out of hand from the get go

Nobody "rejected" you or anyone else. There is no boogeyman or the evil white man holding you back from applying to Blizzard or whatever. Most blacks choose not to apply themselves is what I'm getting from this little discussion and fabricate this pretend wall that prevents them access in the industry.

>you can't explain it, because it doesn't make sense
No I literally got banned for racism like last week. Not falling for it again.
>>
>>2706232
just because you got banned for being a racist(clearly fair). That doesn't make your weak argument make any more sense. there is no basis for you saying that Black artists do not apply themselves at art or anything else. you refuse to come off of this so you will always be a fool. I hope that you can some day see the beauty in the world around you but, I doubt it.
>>
>>2706236
I love mecha. What part of 'grabbed at random' do you not understand? While we are on the topic where is the art depicting black people in mechas and stuff? Oh that's right, they're too busy painting themselves getting whipped by their long lost slave owner. Or maybe we refuse to paint black people in sci-fi mecha because there aren't many black scientists capable of making any advances in robotics and so we mentally resort to the default depressing tastes you so say is superior to mine (which you assume).

>>2706235

>there is no basis for you saying that Black artists do not apply themselves at art or anything else.

Then were are their profiles? Where can I see these artists?

>day see the beauty in the world around you but, I doubt it.
.....darn it I must hold back being "racist"....must not say inappropriate things!
>>
>>2706237
scroll up in this thread.... and use google there are so many examples of Black people doing literally great things that this meme should already be dead.
>>
>>2706246
>s-scroll up and find them yourself
I rest my case.
>>
>>2706247
sure you do... sure you do...
>>
>>2706251
>If you're a nigga nerd and want to see more stuff like that, do what LeSean Thomas did and make your own.

I'm already on it. I just wish there were more out there.
>>
There's at least one good on youtube, Alphonso Dunn.
>>
>>2706256

He's been mentioned twice already thank you.
>>
mind you, most of the artists I posted lived relatively close if not during slavery so their preoccupation was with getting out of it through art (i.e. raising public consciousness). The reason racism is a huge part of the black artistic narrative is because it is what WE go through--it is OUR reality. I think this thread proves that point pellucidly.
>>
>>2706324
yeap, like I said one of the 7 animators that are always mentioned >>2706162

he's good though
>>
>>2706349

>he's outside marching with the other BLM clowns
>when he should be inside making mad art gains
>dismisses the *fact* that the tree of knowledge is open for all

anon...
>>
File: IMG_20160620_151423~2.jpg (1MB, 2361x3041px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160620_151423~2.jpg
1MB, 2361x3041px
>>2706325
People like me?

Nigga I bet u r not even a better artist than me. So u stand on the backs of other accomplished white people. I post stellar work that I've done myself despite the clear racism on this board. Fuck what some white people are doing, fuck race. What are you doing personally as an artist?
>>
>>2706374
>How about you come to terms with the reality of the world around you?
I'm aware of the reality but I don't need to be a faggot and portray that in artwork. You know what would be nice? I'd like to see one day I can turn on the TV and have my child (I'll probably never have one anyway) watch a cartoon that shows little black girls in a good light. They say cartoons are a good indoctrination tool. If good programming is on TV then that will help future generations of little black boys and girls grow up to not be thugs, whores, and shitbags who love to play victim. But you know, that won't happen because we have people like you who need to be slapped across the face.
>No wonder you're desperate for all that escapism/wish fulfillment bullshit.
We need escapism/wish fulfillment in black media because what we have now clearly isn't working. Do we need another decade of BET crap until you finally get it?
>>2706379
It's nice, the colors are epic. I gotta say man, I like it, I like it a lot.
>>
>>2706417
>Don't complain too much when you or anyone you know gets shot by police and the officer gets off, since you're obviously complacent and all.

This won't ever happen because I don't get animated when following orders from the police. Unfortunately I could not get you to see it my way, the light in the dark, which is a shame. Maybe one day you'll wake up from playing victim and spread the real gospel.
>>
>>2706464
>This won't ever happen because I don't get animated when following orders from the police.
Im sure Charles Kinsey thought the same thing
>>
>>2706713
meant for
>>2706453
>>
Ever noticed how black artists make everything revolve around themselves instead of their art?
>>
>>2706713

What are the odds I'm going to be hanging out with an autistic man in broad da---oh wait, I might run into you.
>>
>>2705776
>>2705803
>Haitians have a culture where they value their own business or whatever (like Jews) in their country and they come here to be doctors.

Can confirm, my dad is from Haiti and hes a radiologist.
>>
>>2701859
IQ is a great ball park estimate, dummy

even though its obviously not a precise measurement of someone's overall intelligence, ability to problem solve, etc., people with IQs of 70 will never ever design a rocket.
>>
ITT OP is soundly defeated while trying to assert the ridiculous statement that Black people are inferior in art. then decides (after a day of wound licking) to switch topic to police shootings. this is the toppest of kek's although I did get to find out about some really cool black artists from this thread, so thanks for that racist OP.
>>
>>2708314

don't bump this shit thread you fuck
>>
>>2705663
>>2705959
>>2705991
>>2706056

Is this guy black?
http://shonuff44.deviantart.com/
>>
>>2708334
yeah
>>
Yes. Some of my preferred hentai artists are black.
>>
>>2701663
Oh fuck off, I tough people on /ic/ weren't so stupid to fall for /pol/ memes. I know several biologists, I even went to conferences about genetics, the concept of "race" is stupid and outdated, we all belong to the homo sapiens sapiens species and the differences in our genes are very small. Hell, there are more genetic differences between a manlet and a tall man.
So go back to /pol/ or /v/ you subhuman retard
>>
>>2701016
WE
>>
File: doublethink.jpg (58KB, 850x400px) Image search: [Google]
doublethink.jpg
58KB, 850x400px
>>2709264
>celebrate diversity
>we are all one race

This is your mind when you are a blue pilled liberal fagatron
>>
>>2709264
dank meme friendo
>>
>>2709311
>quoting a democratic socialist
>>
>>2709330
Talk about an outdated concept, Jesus... IQ has never been a reliable way to measure anything, and those old tests were biased as fuck, the cultural background matters, the sample sizes, and so on... Racist people just go to jail just to save the world from their ignorance
>>
>>2704881
>Why do I know so few black people?
>>
>>2709609

Why the fuck do you keep bumping this thread give it a rest already. You lost the discussion.
>>
>>2709615

The bible explicitly mentions the Earth is flat.

>"He set the earth on its foundations; it can never be moved.

Or are you going to say Gods word is "outdated science" too? Kill yourself.
>>
>>2709311
>quoting Orwell, a socialist who was against every form of totalitarism

Also do you realize how stupid are you? Being of the same race doesn't mean we're all the same, you aren't 100% identical to your parents, your relatives or the rest of the "white" population. We can be all the same race and still have individual differences. But you alt-right retards can only think with generalisations and absolute ideas
>>
>>2710384

Evading your ban are we? Did you finish your magical girl yet?
>>
>>2710393
what the fuck are you even saying?
>>
>>2710396

It's okay, you don't have to hide it.
>>
>>2701027
Basquiat
Thread posts: 186
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.