[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any justification for paying $300 for a Giclee print

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: Pollice Verso.jpg (1MB, 3068x2363px) Image search: [Google]
Pollice Verso.jpg
1MB, 3068x2363px
Is there any justification for paying $300 for a Giclee print of pic related, is it that different from a large format printer I could use at my University for $18?
>>
It's a good thing I can read minds, so I know what format you want, what source you have, and what either of the printers used are, you fucking moron.
>>
>>2700879
You can get pretty big prints for relatively cheap by making your own on Snapfish.

It's what /a/ recommends for prints, anyway. You can find higher res images online, and print em out for way less than official art.
>>
>>2700887
Stern - stern but fair.
>>
I'd just print it out if I were you.

If I were me, then I'd go see the actual thing at my local art museum. Probably my favorite piece they have there.
>>
>>2700879
Giclee is way nicer. that Gerome is as dopwe as flama himself!
>>
>>2700961
Nicer than what? A printer you know nothing about that might be capable of producing gallery quality prints on canvas?
>>
Why would you want that on the wall? Subject matter is about as pleasant as an aborted fetus.
>>
>>2701067
You forget that some people like art on a decorative, more superficial level.
>>
>>2701073
Might be so, but I personally think it would be rather stressful constantly being exposed to an image depicting humanity at its worst.

I think paintings like that are more suited for art galleries and museums where they won't become a part of your daily life.
I don't think having it on your wall would do good things for your psyche in the long term.
>>
>>2700879
What printer can you use at your university? Pretty much any decent quality pigment ink printer should be able to produce something good enough to hang on a wall. Just make sure you buy proper quality paper.
>>
>>2701188
we need to ban vidyagames and rock and roll music so the kids stop shooting up schools
>>
>>2701270
Fuck off, I literally used to fap to gore not too long ago. Shit fucks with your mind even though you don't know it or don't wanna admit it.
>>
>>2701276
we are all fucked one way or another

censorship is not the answer, since is just another way of fucking you up since it leaves you sensible to anything

you have to grow a touch skin and be analytical of everything
>>
File: 1471243294893.jpg (42KB, 400x366px) Image search: [Google]
1471243294893.jpg
42KB, 400x366px
>>2701276
> used to fap to gore not too long ago
>>
>>2701399
>suggesting that someone should pick a motive that will result in increased well-being is now promoting censorship

You people.
>>
>>2701276
>Fuck off, I literally used to fap to gore not too long ago.

Reported.
>>
>>2701442
What kind of rules are you pulling outta your ass?
>>
>>2700879
With a high res image, the quality may be comparable, although you miss the benefit of artist/printer color correction. However it is illegal, because a thing called Copyright. You might get away with it at school, but professional printers won't print an image you don't have rights for. You are cheating the artist of his intellectual property.
>>
>>2701665
Just a wild guess, but I think this artist is long dead m8
>>
>>2701735
Sometimes the museum still holds the copyright to the painting, but yeah it's probably safe since Gerome has been dead longer than the copyright will hold ordinarily. Also I've had things printed without issue including stuff from living artists. I think most printers don't give that much of a shit if it's just for personal use. It will be an issue if you are trying to do it for some sort of a profit though.
>>
>>2701735
Huh, didn't even look @ picture.

>>2701739
The museum owns the photographic documentation , unless it is explicitoy in public domain
>>
>>2701055
true dat... I was assuming
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.