[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you deal with sucking? How do you keep pushing forward

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 1474149578279.jpg (61KB, 383x500px) Image search: [Google]
1474149578279.jpg
61KB, 383x500px
How do you deal with sucking?

How do you keep pushing forward during your first year, even though everything you produce is total dogshit?

I got excited learning perspective, form, all that shit, and every time a new fundamental "clicked" in my head it gave me motivation to practice said fundamental several dozen times. But now I'm in this shitty spot where I just have to "keep drawing" until my stupid fucking hand catches up. Everything I draw looks horrible to me and makes me want to quit.
>>
File: 1475325490937.png (16KB, 434x244px) Image search: [Google]
1475325490937.png
16KB, 434x244px
>>2699679
pic related is more than enough personally, this is something I want and would regret years down the line if I gave up, so Just Keep Practicing.
>>
maybe you are being to hard on yourself

post your work, even if you think it's bad perhaps you could find new places to improve
>>
>>2699679
The product is never going to be the motivator. Especially not your own. That's the way filthy consumers think. You need to fall in love with the feeling that learning gives you. Like they are sisters, and the product is really hot, 10/10 bombshell, but the learning sister is cute and the one who connects with you on a deep emotional level.
>>
>>2699679
Because you are producing dogshit. Once you learn to accept you're fucking ass, you can improve very quickly.
>>
File: absolutely fucking terrible 2.png (142KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
absolutely fucking terrible 2.png
142KB, 1000x1000px
>>2699686
That's pretty good, maybe I'll make it my desktop wallpaper for awhile
>>2699687
Here's something I was working on from a /beg/ thread a couple weeks ago. It started out okay but as I continued it just got worse and worse, it felt like I was wasting my time to the point I just gave up.
>>2699696
That's good, I need I need to find something quick and easy to work on value though. Value takes so long, and the longer I work on something the worse it looks
>>
>>2699701
It looks like you might be going into the detail level too soon. Use a big brush to block out the values first, then refine it smaller and smaller.
>>
Is it just me or are there a *lot* more complaining about sucking threads than usual this past week or so? Could you lot stop crying, or at least contain the crying to like the questions thread or something? It's getting a little cluttered on this board.
>>
>>2699709
>Use a big brush to block out the values first, then refine it smaller and smaller.
That makes sense, I'll try to remember that. Thanks
>>
>>2699721
Because learning something challenging is all about wrestling with yourself. It's one of the most prominent topics we face every day. The struggle is real and complex.
>>
its painfull being so bad, you want to be good right now but you know it takes time, so you just keep drawing with the thought that you will eventually be good.....
>>
I don't know, I just enjoy drawing so much that I don't care much about sucking, even exercises like lines, boxes, ellipses and circles are fun for me.
Also, please remember two things, in order to get good you must suck in the beginning, you can't just become good, you must practise a lot and slowly get better, sometimes you'll suddenly realize something or understand more, but it's always because of the hard work you've put in. And remember that if you stop drawing, you'll regret it in the future, >>2699686
like this.
>>
>>2699679
I donnuo, I just study a lot and I let the speed of my progression motivate me.
>>
>>2699679
I picture my self hanging from tree.
The relief is istantaneous
>>
>>2699679
because im better than a girl i like so it motivates me to get better
>>
File: 1474174086383.gif (107KB, 272x500px) Image search: [Google]
1474174086383.gif
107KB, 272x500px
>>2701795
holy
>>
>>2701808
i mean that's just half of it
i legitimately like studying too
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.