[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does this just straight up seem wrong to anyone else?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_0636.png (310KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0636.png
310KB, 750x1334px
Does this just straight up seem wrong to anyone else?
>>
File: img_5455.jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
img_5455.jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
>>2697545
>Does this just straight up seem wrong to anyone else?
Nope, it's right.
>>
>>2697545
No. It's the most basic thing in perspective and how vision works.
>>
It seems wrong because the earth isn't flat and you can't see detail infinitely into the distance.

It's only a general guideline for imitating the perspective of human sight in a 2D space.
>>
>>2697545
You need to stand on some straight, long railroad tracks.
>>
File: railroad-tracks.jpg (1008KB, 1308x791px) Image search: [Google]
railroad-tracks.jpg
1008KB, 1308x791px
>>2697555
>>
>>2697556
Does it seem right to you now OP?
>>
File: country-train.jpg (864KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
country-train.jpg
864KB, 1280x853px
>>2697558
>>
>>2697554

>It's the most basic thing in perspective and how vision works.

The most basic thing about sight is your retina absorbing photons that have been focused through the imperfect lense of your cornea. In real sight, we focus on a single point in space, and things become progressively less focused the further away we get. We don't encounter this unless we intentionally unfocus our eyes, because otherwise we are constantly refocusing on whatever is in the center of our vision as we scan the world around us.

If you take that an image of railroad tracks and a telephone line are supposed to replicate how we see the world, then yea, that drawing as well as all these images of railroad tracks are completely unlike how it would look if you were actually there. The telephone pole, for instance, would be out of focus if it were actually at the edge of your vision, until you glance at it and your eyes instantly refocus on it.

You would be correct if you said that 1PP is a very slight abstraction that allows us to imitate how objects sit in space, however 1PP shows much higher detail than actual sight, because there is no focusing element.
>>
>>2697591
I wasn't talking about focus or anything. I simply meant that the fact that objects get smaller as they get farther from your eye is a basic component of vision, and that parallel lines converge at a point on the horizon is the most basic component of all linear perspective.
>>
>>2697556
>>2697558
yes desu
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.