[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Great Hack for Drawing 2 Point Perspective

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: giphy.gif (2MB, 280x280px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
2MB, 280x280px
Granted a lot of apps such as Manga Studio, Illustrator, and others now have perspective ruler tools.

But for drawing on paper, carrying around a ruler or t-square isn't practical.

Well here all you need is a rubber band and two thumb tacks or push pins!

Can't be used for everything, but still a nice efficient and clever way to do it.
>>
I feel it'd be one of those crutch things in the beginning. Once you get familiarized with perspective it's almost second nature.
>>
>>2697295
>carrying around a ruler isn't practical
>but carrying around a rubber band and two(2) thumb tacks or push pins somehow is
um, wat?
>>
>>2697351
It's definitely easier to use than repositioning a footlong stick a million times
>>
>>2697351
They easily fit into a small mint tin, which easily fits into a pocket.
>>
>>2697295
This only works if both your vanishing points are on the page, which is a rare occurrence.
>>
>>2697295
well, I'll give him credit, that's pretty neat
>>
>>2697373
>mint tin

What the fuck?
>>
File: Mint-tin-uses.jpg (91KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
Mint-tin-uses.jpg
91KB, 500x334px
>>2697478
>literally googled "mint tin" to find this
>>
>>2697407
In fact, this could be a nice way to work with vanishing points off the page, without the need to blow up the drawing later or use extra paper.
With the band being the limiting factor, you could place the pins as far apart as you wanted to. You'd just need a ground that holds the pins, but you'd need that for on-page-points as well.
>>
wtf this is actually helpful
>>
>>2697478
Are you retarded?
>>
>>2697407

It's useful if you're going for a Kubrickian widescreen effect.
>>
>>2697295
Holy shit thank you anon. How kind of you.
>>
>>2697589
That sounds so fucking sarcastic. Like OP just pulled down his pants and took a steamy dump right on your desk as a means to crit the half assed gestures you have lying there.
>>
pretty useful desu
>>
Also, another way to do this would be with a spiral bound sketchbook and an alligator clip.

Just wrap a really long rubber band around the sketchbook.

It should catch between the loops of a spiral binding and stay in place.

Then use the alligator clip to hold the rubber band on the other side.

Instant elastic horizon line!

Then you can just pull the rubber band around like in the video and you don't need push pins or thumb tacks.
>>
>Great Hack for Drawing 2 Point Perspective
someone kill OP
>>
wtf I hate Norling now
>>
>>2698146
lol
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.