[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do sell my paintings at reasonable prices?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: BOYWONDER.jpg (153KB, 600x482px) Image search: [Google]
BOYWONDER.jpg
153KB, 600x482px
Experienced painter here.
I have many many paintings, but my problem is that I have no idea how to market and sell them?
It seems the only paintings that sell are ones in galleries, but the only ones in galleries are the ones that sell. So how do I get in the loop?
I tried to let people buy paintings on their own terms, but only got asking prices of like $25, which is ridiculous for something I've spent months on.

Here's my website if anyone wants to see more, if they want:
http://waynehoey.com/
>>
I think it would be somewhat difficult to sell your paintings. They feel like images from days of windows 98.

You should look up exhibition opportunities at artdeadline.com, artshow.com, and theartguide.con.

If you get into exhibitions often you can build a cv and hopefully you will be able to get the attention of a gallery director who would like to exhibit your work. I see that you have painted a long time and exhibited at the art students league of ny. Then I don't know what else you should be doing. Nice paintings!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PiqC-vfYLw
>>
>>2693030
>How do i sell my paintings at reasonable prices?
Price tag "$10,000" -negotiable
>>
>>2693030
Sell at pop up shows, art festivals, set up your own private gallery in a shop front, get work up in local businesses, get involved with the local arts council, do murals posters etc to get your name and style out there, submit work to juries shows...

There are lots of opportunities to sell work, you just have to look for them and put yourself out there
>>
You take stock photos and copy them with paint. how the hell does that take you "months"? They don't even look like they have any thought put into them. The colors and compositions are bland as fuck and don't make any sense. Sorry for sounding like an asshole, but honestly my only answer to your questions is to make something that doesn't suck ass.
>>
>>2693030
You legit need loomis and study color. Your anatomy is pretty much off in all your paintings and your colors are muddy. Wanna sell your paints, then draw qt anime girls :)
>>
>>2693030
wtf man... this is making me uncomfortable
>>
>>2693355
>>2693163
Dont listen to these amateurs anon, OP. As a trained advisor with a PhD in Horomones, I advise you to sell your art for $500 for the canvas, an extra $1000 dollars for your painting supplies, and $3000x(Time asserted into Project). That doesn't include taxes and shipping+handling (even if it is digital).
>>
>>2693445
Phd = pretty huge dumbass. Never said his art was bad, just critiquing him. Id rather has someone tell whats bad in my work then say its great and continuing to make the same mistakes. If you wanna make big money, you gotta make better art.
>>
>>2693868
I'm pretty sure that anon you're replying to was only joking.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.