[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Working on a series of rendered anime characters. Keep going,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: Yeahornah.jpg (757KB, 990x660px) Image search: [Google]
Yeahornah.jpg
757KB, 990x660px
Working on a series of rendered anime characters. Keep going, or fuck it and do something else?
>>
>>2688334
To be honest I feel it's a really overdone idea, and your skills aren't good enough to bring anything new to the table.

You'd be better off focusing on proper drawing and painting instead of all the texture and small details, because right now it looks like you have some weak drawing and painting skills and are trying to hide it behind a mess.
>>
>>2688337
That's kinda what I thought. I wouldn't really have bothered posting it on 4chan if I was confident about it. Well, fuck it I suppose.
>>
>>2688339
He's right but don't be discouraged. Once you stop symbol drawing and you get your values under control I'd revisit the idea.
>>
>>2688370

I'm not sure I understand how exactly it is that I'm symbol drawing here. I understand that anatomy isn't correct, and the values aren't.. idk, lifelike by any means, but neither one of those things is specific enough to be much use.

Again, I'm not defending the art, but this sounds like a copy and paste critique that you could apply to literally anything with how vague it is.

Idk, draw over it and show me that I'm not using form thinking, or just break down what you mean a bit more. I'm always looking to improve, so if you can, I'd really appreciate it if you could point to specific parts you're seeing in the drawings that make my values and lack of form the things that stand out to you the most.
>>
>>2688386
I don't think they are symbol drawn, I'm not sure why that anon used that term. There are a lot of structural errors though.
>>
>> 2688389

I'm in total agreement there, these are actually paint overs of much older drawings, and I didn't really change the underlying structure, so yeah, anatomy is really messed up.
>>
File: reinforce y our light shadows.jpg (66KB, 493x664px) Image search: [Google]
reinforce y our light shadows.jpg
66KB, 493x664px
>>2688334
One step/focus at a time here. I'd say skip the attempts at typography for now. You need to design the image with the text in mind, which makes things more difficult. Right now it seems like an after-thought and things aren't working well together. Focus on your painting and drawing.

I only had time to paint over one of them, but they both have similar problems. I over-played it a bit, but put more reflected light in your shadows (whatever ambient light is in the scene). Will generally help the figure sit better in the atmosphere/background, and generally looks pretty good. Also, get your core shadow/terminators to read better. That's the area/divider between the light and shadow which is noticeably darker than the rest of the shadow area.

Try to not saturate your colors too much. You want your saturated colors to have strength, so do without them when you can. When your colors do finally have saturation, they will ring much stronger.

In terms of the drawing, there are still problems in my fixes, basically in the eyes especially. Anyways. In your painting, the placement of the eyes don't follow the perspective of the rest of the face. They're also too wide apart, even for what you're going with, I think. The face also deforms off to the side, so I brought it back in.

Reinforce your light-source more(from the left). There really shouldn't be that much shadow on that side of the face, such as in the area around the eyes, where you put too much shadow. Be less timid with getting your reflected light-terminator relationship to read, as I mentioned before.

Get your anatomy to read stronger. It seems like you're trying to get some idea of facial anatomy going on, but I think you can do better with rendering those forms.

If you want to keep doing the series, keep doing it. It's a good way to push yourself. However, do some studies in between, maybe touch up on your perspective fundamentals.
>>
>>2688650
what the hell you made the eyes way worse
>>
File: perspective.jpg (176KB, 355x374px) Image search: [Google]
perspective.jpg
176KB, 355x374px
>>2688650
Here's what I mean by the perspective being off. The angle of the line between the eyes should be as I drew them, which follows the angle of the nose/lip, or slightly adjusted. In that case, it could be perfectly horizontal as well. But to let them converge downwards is too much.
>>
>>2688334
please stop
>>
File: 377.jpg (554KB, 990x660px) Image search: [Google]
377.jpg
554KB, 990x660px
I know some people treat it like a meme nowadays, but it would do you a lot of good to just paint with the round brush on a normal layer. No texture, no hiding behind ambiguous soft edges, no layer modes. Just pick each colour manually and paint in the planes. Right now you are doing all the hallmarks of bad digital painting where everything is an over textured mess that looks like some weird metal because the contrast is too strong. Get some decisive shapes in there, fix your drawing, get it simple and clear.
>>
>>2688650
Yes that's better for sure you made it wow
>>
>>2688684
my pepe has a fefe
>>
>>2689123
what?
>>
>>2688684
>>2689123 surely meant finish that drawing anon, it looks way too cool
>>
>>2689248
what?
>>
>>2689250
are you memeing?
>>
>>2689256
my pepe has a fefe
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.