[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your opinion of these kinds of places?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: Studio_Instructor_Joyce2.jpg (455KB, 864x459px) Image search: [Google]
Studio_Instructor_Joyce2.jpg
455KB, 864x459px
What is your opinion of these kinds of places?
>>
>>2688119
I Don't hate it but I've Never liked publicly painting in a group. It's hard to get comfortable.
You can meet some people though.
>>
>painting with a group of old ladies who love to compliment you
I've done it, shit was elevating as fuck
>>
>>2688141
That sounds way better than annoying young adults.
>>
it's just a pastime for old and middle aged housewives.
>>
>>2688141
Sometimes they have potluck.

The best food.

>>2688143
Expect even less seriousness from them though.
>>
>>2688119
Not a thing for real artists but perfectly fine for normies. No reason to hate and no reason to go.
>>
>>2688119
Great place to pick up milfs
>>
>>2688261
>>2688496
This

It's not an atelier, or even comparable. It's art for normies, a social activity where housewives drink and do a craft activity.

I have a friend (who happens to be an excellent painter) who made a lot of money starting a sip-and-stroke business. If it pays for her art supplies then the world gets more cool paintings, plus a legion of normies learn to appreciate art, potentially becoming buyers. So I'm cool with it.
>>
File: 1447890903627.jpg (881KB, 5750x2172px) Image search: [Google]
1447890903627.jpg
881KB, 5750x2172px
I hate them because I hate normalfags who only do anything en masse or with some kind of social value attached: external negative reasons.

Look at these glazed unthinking masses in pic related, it makes me want to hurl.

>>2688514
If you need alcohol to appreciate something you don't appreciate it. Drink enough and any girl turns fuckable, what's that say for art?

>muh starving artist market maymay
Does she have shit coming out of her ass? Maybe she can try to learn to paint with it if she's that strapped for cash. Or suck dick like most modern women.
>>
File: 1457055609912.png (254KB, 600x578px) Image search: [Google]
1457055609912.png
254KB, 600x578px
>>2688514
>sip-and-stroke business
sounds lewd
>>
Has nothing whatsoever to do with art. Just a hobby for middle-aged women.

But... I am a terrible pool player, but I still like to play pool. I don't think people should get mad at me for playing a game I'm not good at, see what I mean?
>>
File: [beat the devil out of it].jpg (72KB, 539x960px) Image search: [Google]
[beat the devil out of it].jpg
72KB, 539x960px
>>2688119

It makes me feel sad and makes me feel like people treat what I do as a gimmick.

I know it's just for people to have fun but it's the same as "wine n'throw' where we don't actually play football, we sit and drink and talk about football and throw a football and talk about how fun footfall is(not that we've really played).

I'm being a sperg about it.
>>
File: 1470984179932.png (336KB, 537x436px) Image search: [Google]
1470984179932.png
336KB, 537x436px
>>2689379
>he's never bonded with his fellow man while tossing a football and drinking beer

What are you, some kind of faggot?
>>
>>2688592
>I hate normies I hate socializing REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>2688126
I've Never seen a person that I Know does this
>>
Have any of you ever thought about teaching one of these "classes"?
>>
>>2688592
>Being this much of a bitch
>>
I work at one of these. It's a nice way to feel like I'm working in a field I'm actually interested, but it's not real art by any means.
>>
>>2688514
To be honest, the classes I took with the normie housewives produced better work in the first 3 months than most of /ic/ starters do all year.
>>
Good for kids. They DO allow you to paint freely so I wouldn't mind getting dragged to one and then just doing my own thing with it instead.

In CO somewhere there's a "puff puff, paint" that I really want to find.
>>
>>2689514

I've been doing exactly that for more than a year now.

What do you want to know about it?
>>
>>2689623
does what they learn scale up to master levels though? or is it just fucking around
>>
>>2689665

It's just very basic painting. It's entirely appropriate for someone who is an absolute beginner and little else.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.