[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people always talk about neuroplasticity here

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (6KB, 200x252px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 200x252px
Wot is it and can it make me become a git good.
>>
Yes, it's just a meme that holds down other people, so you have less competition and therefore can feel better about yourself for being above them.
>>
Basically it gets harder to create new neural pathways as you grow old, which in turn makes it harder gitting gud
>>
>>2685032

It is said that 25 is the cut-off age and after 25 you begin to rapidly sufficient plasticity needed to gather your thoughts and retain information. By age 30 you are done for; locked into stagnation. Some helpful sources to look for are chinese studies and a point of reference like sycra.
>>
Holy fucking shit that is depressing.
>>
>>2685080
Also, its bullshit.

While it's true that if you stop learning new things for long enough your brain will cease to be able to learn, this happens gradually and appears to be reversable if you stuggle to learn things while you still can.

Synaptic Plasticity/pruning/myelination are real though, and understanding how they work can help you to learn new things, but most people who tell you <this crazy thing because duh neuroplasticitosity> are morons or charlatans.
>>
>>2685100
>and understanding how they work can help you to learn new things
Where can I read about this properly?
>>
What's funny is that if you look at neuroplasticity outside of /ic/ you'll will see that it presented as a positive thing. In the past scientists thought that after "critical age" in childhood you are set and done but then found that brain keep changing throughout your whole life and while, of course when you're mature they get more stable you're still able to learn.
>>
>>2685100
Anon?
>>
this all sounds like cynical horse shit and excuses for not being gud.
If you're motivated enough, the shit you can accomplish is fucking crazy.
for example, i'm 24 so I'm technically teetering on the edge of not being able to absorb stuff as efficiently as I could if I were younger.

But really, I just started art school in April and the program I'm in puts such incredible pressure on me that I'm forced to work on art for literally 60-80 hours a week. And I don't mean 'literally' in the way the meaning has been bastardized in the recent decade. I mean I literally have 40 minutes to eat everyday and the rest of the time I'm either in class or drawing. And there are a lot of people in the same program older than me anywhere between 25 and 40 and we're all improving ridiculously compared to someone who draws casually.
tl ; dr it's about mileage. do stuff a lot and frequently and you will be good at it.
>>
>>2685138
>for example, i'm 24 so I'm technically teetering on the edge of not being able to absorb stuff as efficiently as I could if I were younger.
I don't know how this fits in with the rest of your stuff, but you said good stuff, so I'm confused. You are telling people the way to get gid at art.
>>
>>2685158
my point was that age doesn't matter and you shouldn't feel down on yourself for pursuing something a little later than some people
>>
its a bullshit meme.
>>
Those who deny the influence of neuroplasticity are probably the same retards who believe literally everyone has exactly the same potential and will go on about how talent isn't real and an excuse etc.
As soon as you bring up something that may be detrimental to your progress these retards are bound jump you with their bullshit. It's like they're allergic to fact that everyone isn't the same and doesn't have the same capacity and opportunities.

They're probably living in this "american dream" bullshit world where everything is fair and everyone can be rich and everyone can be successful and if you're not you simply haven't worked hard enough even if you're a turbo-ADHD limbless dwarf with downs.
>>
>>2685138
are you in Fang Jew's school?
>>
>>2685769
no
but a lot of faculty here are close friends with him or something and it's possible he taught here at some point
>>
>>2685116
>What's funny

More like... Actually.

>Some fags believe you cannot learn new shit after certain age... But guess what? You can! Thanks to neuroplasticity!
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.