[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

wacom problem intous cuts out while drawing on the pen.... does

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot (70).png (283KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (70).png
283KB, 1920x1080px
wacom problem
intous cuts out while drawing on the pen.... does anyone else have this problem with their tablet/pen?
I'm only asking here because most of ic draws digital, and either has a intous.
>>
Can we make this a "getting used to tablets for the first time" general?

I just got an Intuos myself, and I'm learning how to get used to it.

I'm just trying to get a feel for things, and boy is it weird. I'm trying to draw with it, but everything just feels wobbly. I've gone to forums, and everyone is saying to just do all computer functions using only the tablet just to get used to it. Is this good advice?
>>
>>2682842
try drawing figure 8 for a few minutes using your arm and try get comfy and its best for me to draw with the tablet same height as the belly button. having it at chest area feels weird to me but that's just personal preferences
>>
>>2682842
It is, but it's also because you have bad eye coordination. This is much more noticeable on digital than it is on traditional for some reason, probably because you have more "control" in a sense with traditional over digital which kind of makes a simulation of the real world.

Everything likely feels wobbly because you're just not used to drawing. On paper, usually you draw it with the paper turned at an angle. On digital, the tablet is probably not angled and as a result your arm is drawing in a completely different manner and using completely different muscles and will cause your lines to seem wobbly even if they seem in control at another angle.

A good resource for this is Drawabox's lesson 1. You have to draw many many lines in many different directions until you can get them how you want and that's how you'll improve your arm to be used at any angle. Unfortunately you might have to revert back to traditional. It's up to you though.
>>
>>2682842
I've heard that too but personally it didn't help me get used to the tablet since drawing with it and clicking on things is very different. When I first started out I just brute forced myself through the weird feelings. I did a study each day and after a couple weeks it felt natural. Now years later it's even more comfortable than using pencil and paper for me.

Also be aware that the tablet and pencil are different. Tablets are not as good for linework, so try to avoid that or do shorter simpler lines instead of really complex contours with curves and things.
>>
op here, so no one has this issue i take it....
>>
I have this problem , the trick is to do small strokes and ctr-z everytime you fuck up. It's similar to using a paintbrush, just do smooth small strokes and build up on that.
>>
File: le ppl face.jpg (30KB, 559x652px) Image search: [Google]
le ppl face.jpg
30KB, 559x652px
>>2682821
Is this a new problem or have you had it from the beginning? Have you installed your drivers? Do you have any residue or any kind of substance on the tablet's surface that would impede the stylus' direct interaction with the tablet surface, like a drop from a spilled drink or something like that?

You should probably just call wacom nigga, lmoa

>>2682842
If you have a medium or small sized tablet you're going to have a rough time with line drawing.

>>2682897
That's not normal and it should be dealt with, working around it simply takes more time than it's worth. I had a similar problem with my Cintiq 12WX, except with that it was the pressure sensitivity spiking randomly after some arbitrary amount of strokes. The only workaround would be to undo over and over again. Not worth it at all. Get it fixed permanently or get something new. Your time is more valuable than your hardware could possibly be, those seconds and that effort to repeat the same action over and over again add up.
>>
Had the same problem op, i changed the nib then bam brand new tablet. If not do a fresh install from the website, clean the surface of it and try a different cable. Your welcome.
>>
>>2682852

You're right about the "paper turned at an angle" bit. I've always drawn everything in my sketchbook at an angle because that always felt natural to me. I have no idea how people can manage to do it with the paper/tablet facing the proper way, but their work is a lot better than mine, so they must be doing something right.

It also doesn't help that I haven't really picked up my old sketchbook in about two years. I figured getting this tablet would help me get back into drawing and be better about it, but I might need to get back into the swing of things the old-fashioned way first.

>>2682905
>If you have a medium or small sized tablet you're going to have a rough time with line drawing.

Is it because the area I'm working with is so small? I guess I can see that. That may be a problem, as line drawing is mainly what I do.
>>
>>2682905
op here, i think its just my stylus, might just replace it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.