[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else know that feeling of wanting to work on art

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1467647230026.jpg (225KB, 905x960px) Image search: [Google]
1467647230026.jpg
225KB, 905x960px
Does anyone else know that feeling of wanting to work on art but not even knowing what to draw? I feel like i seriously lack inspiration / a sort of visual mental library (or whatever you could call it)
Does anyone have any tips on how to get yourself inspired? i really hate not being productive, i just feel like its hard for me to find a motive or task to really get into.. it probably sounds kinda pathetic, eh.. i just always end up drawing boring portraits or pictures of people standing around and i kinda wanna change that. any tips are appreciated of course
>>
Fan art? You don't have to post in online. TV shows, video games, anime, anything.
>>
>>2682427
It has been mine problem for years. I constantly try to get into art and then dropping maybe a few weeks in. I know I want to draw, but when I actually do that I feel empty of reason and plan. I'm also having trouble with doing anything bigger than tiny sketches.
If I think of something I want to commit to, like doing an illustration for text I find that I severely lack in skills for this or that and cycle repeats.
I started and dropped many times during years and still a complete beginner. This is upsetting.
>>
>>2682427
hnng hampton makes muh dick hard!
>>
>>2682427
>>2682433
Are you two absolute beginners? I was under the impression you were well on your way but lacked inspiration after learning the fundamentals.

If you aren't at least intermediate with perspective, construction, form, value etc then you don't really have a lack of things to work on
>>
>>2682464
i am actually not a beginner, ive been doing this for a while, its just that i am pretty stuck in a comfort zone and i find it hard to get out of it.. i also find it hard to make plans what to practice first, i always feel there is something to learn in every area and then i get overwhelmed, eh..
>>
>>2682433
You and OP need to draw what you like. Draw what you like.

Hear me well because I'm old as fuck and this advice is gold.

This is the point of art. Experiences translated into paper. Put yourself in. Make yourself how you like. Study what you like. Enjoy life as well as work since it's not a race. You won't get better but you will become more aware and that's the truth of "getting better". Ask yourself why you like the things you do. Write it down. Analize it. Write ideas of pieces and then try to execute them all. At least a little bit every week. Copy what you like. and above all
Notice the things you notice.
Yeap you heard that right.

Notice the things you notice
>>
I've learned that taking pictures of people or things with your camera or phone can help in wanting to create art. Take photos of your family member or friends that with some composition to make an interesting drawing or painting what-have-you
>>
>>2682464
For me it was not the lack of things to learn, but the lack of point to do so. I know it sounds stupid. The thing that >>2682478 said is only now finally getting through to me. Say I wanted to do animushit, or comics, or whatever and try to learn drawing, but as I get down to it and start learning I just got really discouraged because on the second glance drawing animu seems kinda gay . Suddenly there's no point. I simply never learned to do things for myself.
>>
>>2682494
>drawing animu is gay
>he doesn't want to draw his waifu doing cute things
Wew lad
Just a big ol' wew.
>>
>>2682494
i get what you mean. you have a vague idea what you wanna do but as soon as you get to it, it just seems stupid. i think its probably better to ignore that feeling and stick to your original plan. in the end its better than not making anything
>>
>>2682478
What if I don't really like anything?
>>
>>2682505
I know that now. Sadly it's tool late for me now, I didn't start seriously drawing at 5, I'm in my 20ies and my neuroplasticity is slowly fading away, not only that but 2 weeks ago I found out I don't have ligament muscle
>>
>>2682514
So what? I started drawing at 30. It's been four years and I've managed to go from 'absolutely terrible' to 'decent' or 'okay, but not great'.

If you really want to do it, just fucking do it. Stop giving yourself all these excuses as to why you can't.
>>
>>2682525
blog?
>>
>>2682478
this is pretty nice
>>
>>2682512
You cultivate yourself first while forcing yourself to study on the side.
I mean, watch series. Read books. Go to the gym. Walk to the park. Take care of your pets. Be with people you want to be. Go to the supermarket. Everything you do makes you and everything you enjoy is something you should treat as an ideal thing.

Disecate your toughts and likes and dislikes. Learn their anatomy and why they work or not.

Can you name your favorite author? Why is it your favorite? What about movies? Comics? Art? What about music?

Little by little you will connect the dots and then when that time comes you won't need motivation. It clicks at different ages. It could take you 1 year 2-5-10 years but eventually it will come. I'm not talking about the spark tm but about your own goals. About the things only you as an artist can create. Things that can only come out of your head and yours alone

Don't feel bad if you don't have it yet but make sure to cultivate yourself.
Remember art is here to remind us we are unique. No one is ourselves but ourselves and only you can know how to grow the seed each of us have.

Im gay as fuck op but metaphors work for me
>>
>>2682536
OP here, the other guy wasnt me, but im pretty sure you are giving both of us pretty good advice. thanks for that, familia
>>
I thought I related to these posts but I differ in that I always draw goofy/dumb shit like fanart and need a writer or visionary to give me a task. That's mostly from desiring to make comics but not being able to write for shit.
>>
>>2682427
References help me a lot. You just need to get lost in the internet to found your true inspiration
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.