[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

accidental break through

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: some epic looking shit.png (2MB, 1536x2000px) Image search: [Google]
some epic looking shit.png
2MB, 1536x2000px
so i was doing my daily sketch and stumbled upon a new style that i can do and i plane to expand on it its the pic. any one else had this happen to them? stumbling into a artistic break through?
>>
You should study more before you go having 'breakthroughs' because i count more mistakes than masteries in this.
>>
>>2681481
I feel like you need to better explain what you mean. We've all had breakthroughs sure but what's yours op?
>>
>>2681481
anime anime anime anime anime
>>
There's no breakthroughs to be had when you're drawing the same as thousands of other artists.
>>
>>2681481

Keep it to yourself, keep exploring and keep experimenting, most people wont know what you are talking about or they will be too jelly to give good advice, I found my own "thing" too and I find it to be a delicious feeling as an artist.
>>
>>2681481

was your breakthrough realizing that you can't draw and should quit?
>>
>>2682065
fuck off, telling someone to wait until they're 'good enough' to do something is literally one of the most poisonous things you could tell a beginner artist.
>>
>>268228
Is someone salty because they're not good enough? Or was it because their mother never put their scribbles on the fridge?
>>
>>2681481
What? did you just discover chicken scratching?
>>
Better than 90% of /ic/
>>
Now and then I get a "breakthrough" but it's usually more specific, like I'll find a new way approach to rendering that I really like or I'll find a way to draw someone's calves that looks way better than the way I did before. My 'breakthroughs' are just a series of little improvements to my workflow rather than anything dramatic.
>>
>>2682229
what the fuck
style before substance? are you literally fucking retarded? do you not understand that THAT is the actual poison you can tell any artist? holy shit. actually literally kill yourself.
>>
>>2686774
I wasn't meaning getting lost in 'muh style' bullshit, I meant trying new things and experimenting rather than just grinding fundamentals and nothing else.
>>
>>2681481
Hey OP, very nice picture. I like the style. I actually have constant breakthroughs, and it's a nice sensation. I feel like before every breakthrough I've hit a wall and get very nervous, but after I solve the problem, my drawing abilities get instantaneously better.

Could you describe how you arrived at your new process?
>>
>>2681481
Nigger go to beginner thread this is terrible
>>
>>2686774
Substance is style plus fundamentals.
Style before fundamentals gives you sonichu, but fundamentals before style has proven to not work. You must develop them both at the same time or you'll have a much harder time once you try to stop being just a xerox/deviant.
>>
>>2687293
This guy has a point. You can't just do study study study study study study for 2 years, decide "Okay! Now I can do my waifus!" Your waifus will be shit. You gotta build up your style with your substance.
>>
I like it OP. Your scritch-scratch style resembles my own. However, I think it's a fool's errand to ascribe your technique to a style just yet. To quote a chef on Netflix's "Chef's Table France," (which is really good)

"I think it's a mistake to write a recipe down. It restricts you, because then you're always looking to follow that recipe. It never encourages you to change or grow."

I think art is the same.
>>
>some epic looking shit
Stop that
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.