[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Han van Megeeren

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: Han-van-Meegeren-fake.jpg (132KB, 1024x789px) Image search: [Google]
Han-van-Meegeren-fake.jpg
132KB, 1024x789px
>born in late 1880s
>study old masters of realism
>when he gets into his 20s, modernism like cubism and surrealism is on the rise
>Megeeren gets rediculed for being "old and unoriginal" by art critics
>poor af
>Ends up as an art teacher
>Forges old master paintings like Vermeer
>Sells to nazi top Herman Göring
>Is prosecuted afterwards for creating forgeries, forced to paint a painting in court to prove it

Why is modern art ruining everything.
>>
>>2680281
Other artists like Antonio Lopez Garcia or Andrew Wyeth had successful careers despite painting realistically when it wasn't in vogue. The art world doesn't mean shit.
>>
>>2680283
Megeeren turned salty and wrote in a magazine where he shat on modern art and art critics so he had trouble selling because he was a salty shit
>>
>>2680288
Sounds like it's his fault then and not modern art. Godward committed suicide and in his note he blamed Picasso and the modern art world, and yet you'd be stupid to believe that that was the real cause of it. The dude was dealing with mental issues stemming from when he was a kid and probably would have off'd himself anyways.
>>
the equivalent of the court being like POST YOUR WORK!
>>
File: modernartisameme.jpg (264KB, 1024x789px) Image search: [Google]
modernartisameme.jpg
264KB, 1024x789px
>>2680298
>>
File: 0eOBQcn.gif (28KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
0eOBQcn.gif
28KB, 700x700px
>>2680305
>>
>>2680305
>mercwips face is actually better rendered than his aylmaos
JUST
>>
He sucks. Late 19th and early 20th century really are filled with retards. How can his works fool people into thinking they are Vermeer?

Modern art was shit, but I'm not surprised people turned to it since the other kind of art was also very bad.

19th century nationalism in art was a mistake.
>>
File: When.jpg (384KB, 1024x789px) Image search: [Google]
When.jpg
384KB, 1024x789px
>>2680281
?
>>
>>2680283
Antonio Lopez has a a career in modern art world because he is a modern artist himself, concerned with his own time and problems, offering 20/21st century solutions. If he took his great technique and just copied what the old masters did like megeeren, he would be an unknown art peddler selling caricatures to tourists
>>
>>2680305
oh my god this fucking meme
>>
File: 821.gif (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
821.gif
3MB, 640x360px
>>2680281
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Han_van_Meegeren
>While attending the Higher Burger School

GOD BLESS THIS MAN
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.