[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Meaningless Art

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: daredevil-netflix-01.jpg (54KB, 1100x731px) Image search: [Google]
daredevil-netflix-01.jpg
54KB, 1100x731px
> People always ask me how can we charge so much for what amounts to gradations of white. I tell them it's not about the artist's name or the skill required, not even about the art itself. All that matters is "How does it make you feel?

What do you think ?
>>
>>2679444
There's many ways with which to judge artwork. 'How it makes you feel' is perfectly valid, and one I would personally consider rather important. I think it's a bit silly to throw away all the other ways of judging artwork in favor of just a single component, but people are free to do as they wish.
>>
>>2679444
My prefered question would be
>How does this make sense in the context of the artist
>>
Money laundering and Jewish funding of cultural decline

Not even memeing, that's who buys the garbage modern art
>>
File: 1399399621041.jpg (19KB, 250x248px) Image search: [Google]
1399399621041.jpg
19KB, 250x248px
>All that matters is "How does it make you feel?

angry

I'm tired of those pretentious shits and I'm tired of the people who enable their trash by spending ludicrous amounts of money on it.

Even if it was just a money laundering scheme why can't they pick good art as the vessel for their money laundering?
>>
>>2680022
>why can't they pick good art as the vessel for their money
cause then the skill and effort put in becomes more objective and less about the reputation of the artist and how abstract-whatever the thing is
>>
>>2679444
The nazis got it right.
>>
File: hahameme.png (660KB, 1106x1012px) Image search: [Google]
hahameme.png
660KB, 1106x1012px
it depends.
this one is getting trump elected therefore its my favorite!
>>
>>2680022
literally me
>>
>>2680005
you got it bud
>>
I've definitely gotten a feeling out of bullshit color field abstract expressionism--I've been that guy who stands in front of a painting for half an hour, just soaking it in. I find it amazing that they can encode a feeling in such a simple and information-sparse piece of art. But that feeling is always something simple like "loneliness" or "fear" or "joy". A piece of writing causes more complex feelings because it is more information-dense. A written story/comic or a complex and detailed drawing makes me feel a lot more than a white abstract painting because it has more information density. Even the shittiest most poorly-written fan-fiction story has more information density than a so called masterpeice of modern art bullshit.
>>
>>2680141
Exactly this.

Moreover, what's so special about density of information? If it's not connected together well and doesn't build to an expressive whole (like most genre fiction, or most of the realist painting /ic/ faps to), then I don't know why I should care.

Simple and expressive > complex and bland
>>
>>2680141
This is how I've always felt about it, it's not meaningless, it just has less meaning. It's communication with you on much fewer levels.
>>
>>2679444
My reply is art. How did it make you feel?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.