[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could I get a critique on this? I made this a couple of weeks

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_1665.jpg (568KB, 1139x1880px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1665.jpg
568KB, 1139x1880px
Could I get a critique on this?
I made this a couple of weeks ago, for my Dungeons and Dragons campaign.
>>
No fundamentals.
Very poor design even ignoring the fundamentals.

0/10

L O O M I S
O
O
M
I
S
>>
alright listen up here you d/ic/k my art may not be the gotdam best but you can at least tell me why its fuckin bad instead of spamming loomis alright
I didn't drag my ass off of /tg/ for this
>>
>>2678282
I guess I don't need to tell you that you have poor draftsmanship in every single aspect so let's look at the design.

It's neither interesting nor does it tell me much about the character. The horns are poorly placed and have no depth, they may as well be part of a hairband. Eyes are bigger than the goggles, there won't be any protection. Also the goggles are only held by the band without any bridge stabilizing them. In reality it would be a mess putting them on and they would flap around all the time. Not to mention it's the nature of rubber to be elastic so with time the goggles will get loose enough to fall off.

Her second ear should be visible seeing how much her visible ear stands out.

The hair follows no rules, it's arbitrary soft and static. I will leave the hairstyle as simply savage. I will cut you some slack and take it as the character doesn't care about her appearance instead of random draftsmanship.

I don't know what the fuck is even going on with her top so I will leave it as it is.
>>
>>2678282

he's right though...
>>
>>2678302
>I guess I don't need to tell you that you have poor draftsmanship
you couldn't do better if you tried
>>
File: therewasnoskull.png (1MB, 946x823px) Image search: [Google]
therewasnoskull.png
1MB, 946x823px
>>2678264
not the other anons, tganon, but theres lots wrong. worst for me to look at was shes missing any skull, it looks like the hair is attached to the back of a mask,, and that the goggles(?) are inside the horns(?). adding some contrast anywhere helps too, like the insides of the hair
>>
>>2678282
How are there so many faggots on this site these days? Is it really reddit now?
>>
File: dixks.png (1MB, 1400x1050px) Image search: [Google]
dixks.png
1MB, 1400x1050px
>>2678403
>>2678264
>>
>>2678473
ty for the eye tip redline anon. idk how much more of that is directed at my >>2678403 was just trying help
>>
>>2678505
i just quoted it bc it only red lined the face, no biggie
>>
File: 1456604043455.jpg (5KB, 271x200px) Image search: [Google]
1456604043455.jpg
5KB, 271x200px
>>2678412
muh feelings took over after /ic/ got a little more popular (at least more than it was a couple years ago)

people who get that defensive over their work aren't going to improve and that's okay, but i don't think >>2678272 realizes that OP doesn't give a shit about getting better anyway lmao
>>
File: 1473478620048.jpg (32KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1473478620048.jpg
32KB, 300x300px
>>2678373
>you couldn't do better if you tried
Why do people think this matters?
>>
>>2678762
If you can't do it, you don't realize just how difficult it is.
>>
>>2678762
If you CAN'T draw the only thing you can get away with in critiquing is either saying something looks off or something doesn't look like you'd expect it to.

If you CAN draw, and be real good at it, you can say a lot more. You would know why or how something is off. And you could see, through knowledge and experience, what the artist was expecting--not just the naive viewer's.

Everybody can be a critic. But those intimate with the matters at hand are far more informing than the Dunning-Kruger bitch that pulls drawing buzzwords out their ass.
>>
>>2678764
That may be true in some cases, but more often than not I see this used as retaliation against hearing something you don't want to.
That anon's "offending" post might have been backhanded, but a valid critique is definitely there.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.