[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this book any good?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: Captura.jpg (29KB, 301x381px) Image search: [Google]
Captura.jpg
29KB, 301x381px
Any other thing from Amazon that you would recommend?
>>
>>2678099
If you want a book on pen drawing and ink then get Guptill's book.
>>
>>2678099
Judging from the African man being displayed prominently on the cover I am going to say no.
>>
I bought that a few weeks ago. Pretty solid IMO.
>>
>>2678138
I also own it, and can say it's pretty good for a beginner book. Just check his youtube out to see how he stacks up as a teacher goes, but also know that he teaches art at a university, so he probably knows what the fuck he's talking about, unlike many would be teachers who might know a thing or two about the trade, but are anus at teaching it.
>>
>>2678099
I bought it, but I still prefer his youtube stuff.

>>2678135
He's definitely better at drawing than you, friend.
>>
>>2678135
hi /pol/
>>
>>2678123
I haven't read this but I think this should be a solid intro into pen and ink drawing just going off his video tutorials. The guy is a good artist and he knows how to convey information in a concise manner.

I've read bits and pieces of the guptill book and it seems a bit too wordy and complex (like a lot of older art instruction books). Not to say it's bad at all but I think Alphonso's book would probably be a better intro into doing pen and ink stuff and then you could use Guptill's book to go deeper into it.
>>
>>2678099
Steve Huston figure drawing book
>>
Got it, loving it, using it along with his videos online. Since I'm a complete beginner to this drawing thing, I think I'm spending too much time on the value scales, but I can't help but keep practicing those till I'm happy with thim.

Either way, would recommend.
>>
>>2678135
I really don't understand this.

People shit on tumblr, sjws for being too easily offended and "triggered" over whites.

Yet garbage like you are perfectly acceptable.
>>
>>2678123
I second >>2678966 on the Guptill book.

Guptill's book isn't really about pen&ink, it is mostly about trying to cram a complete drawing course with nearly all topics into one book. He has a similar one for pencil, just with some differences in techniques and shown images.

The information and instructions presented in the book are also not very good, it often barely touches the surface and leaves you wondering what to take from it. And the ink part wasn't that interesting either, especially as we have different tools and materials for inking we can use now.

The only thing I found worthwhile was that it explained how to set up a room for still life and because it had *some* interesting ink drawings. But there are a lot of books with nice ink drawings.
>>
>>2679959
Thinkin' the same fucking thing.

Both SJWs and these /pol/fucks are whiners that levy their own boogeyman at everything
>>
>>2678099
I have it, still going through it to this day
I think it's great
>>
File: crosshatchingscales.jpg (442KB, 897x1594px) Image search: [Google]
crosshatchingscales.jpg
442KB, 897x1594px
Here's a table of crosshatching values I completed recently using this book. Planning on doing things first with technical pens like Microns then moving on to nib pens and brushes.
>>
>>2679959
This.
>>
File: normal person.png (391KB, 1024x887px) Image search: [Google]
normal person.png
391KB, 1024x887px
>>2679959
>>2680226
>>2680707
>>
>>2680711
You retards shit on SJWs for using strawman arguments, yet here you are. Doing the same thing.
>>
>>2680716
See: pic related
>>2680711
>>
>>2678099
It's the youtube guy right, probably good
>>
>>2680716
hi retard
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.