[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

they comin..

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

and there you are fingering your bellybutton
>>
>>2677829
me on the left
>>
>>2677829
you mean students or Chinese artist? i hope more Chinese come by they have a nice chalk like style that looks pretty cool. i'm quite tired of this red nose tumbrl garbage
>>
What the hell are they painting? Those look like still lives, but where are their references?
>>
>>2677829
>They are coming

Who? Recreational hobbyists? That picture shows adults, children and teenagers drawing shitty still lifes. Seems like some kind of large community event.
>>
>>2677836
entrance exam for one of chinas leading art schools
>>
It's not like any entrance exams for decent art school are different. Except maybe quantity of students in one room.
>7000 people
>only around 100-200 will make it
>>
>>2677837
Well, I guess we won't have to worry about it then. Those people are all highschool tier and couldn't make it into any leading Western or Russian art school.
>>
>>2677844
I don't think you can tell.
>>
>>2677844
>couldn't make it into any leading Western or Russian art school.
Those artschools not for highschoolers?
>>
>>2677844
post your work
>>
>>2677841
And out of those 100-200 only around 20 will work in art for a living.
>>
>>2677859
Not meme artschools
>>
>>2677855
/flex I did this when I was 5 or 6, can't remember. I'm lookin good though
>>
>>2677870
I always laugh at her. Perfect example of how being a child prodigy means jack shit. Also how marketing > skills when it comes to success.
>>
>>2677870
Is this the mystical indigo child prodigy from that one documentary? Whatever happened to her
>>
File: 1431884873716.jpg (119KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1431884873716.jpg
119KB, 1024x768px
>>
>>2677886
>mom, I posted this again!
>>
File: r1392800_19818798.jpg (51KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
r1392800_19818798.jpg
51KB, 700x394px
>>2677880
doing lots of leg exercises to tantalize money loaded men..cashing in on my paintings too. I snap dick gud, nobody's lasted longer than 5 minutes..I get my gifts, they get a taste, and I move on. More wardrobe, more jewelry, more eyes on me and my paintings
>>
>>2677868
let's face reality for a moment here. China is and aways has been about quantity over quality. In literally any field of work. You will get a handful of exceptions that prove the rule, but great Chinese artists aren't mass manufactured in elite art schools. For every Ruanjia, there are probably 100,000 Chinese artists who had the exact same or even better tutelage and never made it.

Not even to mention the fact that art is actually a field that is looked down upon in China and any chinese parent of intelligent, driven children will beat the everloving shit out of their kids for wanting to become artists and not get into STEM. So what you get in these art schools are actually by far the least talented children of Chinese society. That and bored housewives who just want a hobby.
>>
>>2677886
Damn, I wish all our art schools were as good as this.
>>
What the fuck

Why cant the west have art schools like this GOD DAMMIT

This is what comes of culturally and racially homogenous societies, meanwhile in the US we have people thinking smearing period blood on yourself is high art, FUCK i'm so fucking mad
>>
>>2677929
We do:
https://www.artrenewal.org/pages/ateliers.php
>>
>>2677927
Yeah, if only our art schools would teach the secret chinese technique of doing cast studies.
>>
>>2677929
We literally have the best art schools and ateliers in the world you dumb fucking NEET. This whole "hurrr durr all western art is postmodern wankery and conceptual shit!" seriously needs to stop. What you see these chinese students do iin those photos is the single most basic fucking exercise imaginable, cast studies and still life studies. ANY atelier and art school in the West does that unless you go out of your way to enroll in postmodern, abstract art etc.
>>
>>2677922
You are treating trend generalizations as rules. Not all parents in china are like that and some people are just drawn towards a field. And some parents realize that with such a fierce competition it is best if a kid focuses on a natural talent.
>>
File: image.jpg (27KB, 301x309px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 301x309px
>>2677911
Sometimes I desperately wish I was born as a cute middle class white girl with super supportive parents and a clean environment to cultivate myself in.

L-life is great though
>>
>>2677941
>implying all those ateliers arent expensive as fuck and few and far between
>meanwhile you have highschools in japan teaching oil painting.
>>
>>2677958
Japan is not known at all for their oil painting though. What a shit example.
>>
>>2677886
Don't be impressed by children. Their minds are sponges so literally any child who's forced (whether they enjoy it or not their parents are the ones putting them in those expensive ass schools) to do the same thing for hours everyday is going to be better than any adult who draw for a few hours a day. All the adult artists on /ic/ that don't suck will tell you they drew for HOURS because it's a study, you don't study for thirty minutes then give up you study for awhile.

If you want to improve at any kind of skill, study as hard as a child prodigy.
>>
File: Got my BFA did, fam!.jpg (374KB, 703x1227px) Image search: [Google]
Got my BFA did, fam!.jpg
374KB, 703x1227px
>>2677958
The atelier I go to is a non-profit with only a couple dozen students. I just take one class a week and it costs $170 for 10 weeks. It's not bad. You can also go full time for 8k a year but that's completely voluntary. Much better than most art schools where you have no choice but to go full time and spend 50 thousand a year in the process.
>>
>>2677929
Herron School of Art and Design
Lyme Academy College of Fine Arts
Woodstock School of Art
Yale Center for British Art
New York Academy of Art
Art Students League of New York
Hartford Art School
Harvard Graduate School of Design

I'm not even from US. Just googled schools with famous teachers.
>>2677958
>meanwhile you have highschools in japan teaching oil painting.
Wut.
>>
>>2677970
>replying to bait
Is this double bait?
>>
>>2677829
Guess what faggot?

They've been here all along and nothing has fucking changed.

>OP picture.
>This scares the NEET.
>>
>>2677989
>new york
>new york
>new york

There are other areas of america y'know.
>>
>>2678006
Then google. Make some research. Check local art schools. I'm not your fuckin daddy.
>>
Those look like terrible learning conditions. What are you getting at (OP)?
>>
>>2677929
>This is what comes of culturally and racially homogenous societies,
exactly. Fuck niggers and Islam for not letting us learn how to paint.
>>
>>2678019
It's a photo of the exams to get into some art school in China. Their actual working conditions once accepted would be much better.
>>
>>2678020
its societal cohesion which allows the chinese and japs to have those kinds of schools

due to multiculturalism and laziness you dont have as many schools with strict regimented curricular programs because its "too restrictive" and its better to include everyone than have a sink or float system based on merit.
>>
>>2677829
>fingering your bellybutton
i feel caught.
>>
>>2678019
It's an exam dofus.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.