[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey all, I want to make this image of a crazed religious mob

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (531KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
531KB, 1536x2048px
Hey all, I want to make this image of a crazed religious mob very unsettling/creepy but I think I'm missing the mark by a mile. It hasn't been inked and colored yet but I feel like I understand what's creepy but I'm having a hard time translating that to the page. Any tips? Does it look stupid? Should I scrap it and start with something else?
>>
>>2677122
are those midgets? they look like midgets.
those postures are weak man, that guy with the hood looks stiff as fuck.
Work on you composition, do thumbnails before actually trying to come up with a piece.
>>
>>2677126
So maybe zoom out a little and show more of the crowd? Resize the chained up prisoners? Does the canted angle work or should I go with a level shot?
>>
A lot of what defines "unsettling" is your choice of color, and especially, the atmosphere. Having that in line-art is difficult to show.

In many cases, less is more.
>>
File: image.jpg (41KB, 600x577px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 600x577px
>>2677136
Yup, what this guy said.

>pic related
>>
>>2677139
Am I the only person completely unaffected by this? I see it posted everywhere.
>>
>>2677141
It was only posted in one other thread. But yeah it's not creepy at all.
>>
>>2677139
This is brilliant

>>2677141
you're the only one.

>>2677148
Actually there are two of you.
>>
>>2677139
This is particularly good. >>2677141 & >>2677148 have an outstanding lack of imagination. Do you really need to have everything spelled out for you?
>>
File: aws.jpg (714KB, 1920x1434px) Image search: [Google]
aws.jpg
714KB, 1920x1434px
>>2677122
OP you would probably like this guy
https://www.artstation.com/artist/riccardofederici
>>
>>2677263
That's amazing
>>
>>2677122
i like where its headed op
but yea like others have said its color and atmosphere that make it unsettling.
throw in some torches and dark scenery possibly some dark reddish colors . make the mob look scary and such .
>>
>>2677194
>>2677196
I understand the implied effect, it just doesn't affect me. I could go in depth as to why it doesn't but that would be a bit much.
>>
>>2677263
wish there was an easy way to batch download images off of artstation, this stuff is awesome
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.