[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good Fur Tutorials?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7

File: Help.png (318KB, 1056x816px) Image search: [Google]
Help.png
318KB, 1056x816px
I don't know why I just cant draw fur well when it comes to a more realistic setting, So if anyone could recommend some books/videos or other I will be very grateful.

Pic is what I'm currently doing.
>>
>>2676429
furfag holocaust now
>>
Are you sure you want to go for a realistic rendering style?

This stuff of yours seems too stylized for this.

If I were you, I would focus on simple shading and rendering while just adding a little bit of fur texture as a detail.
>>
File: 1471144460220 (1).jpg (30KB, 260x336px) Image search: [Google]
1471144460220 (1).jpg
30KB, 260x336px
>>2676429
vkDOTcomSLASHdoc4043932_376947368?hash=ce6268eb1c6bd2dab5&dl=785e89909c644034dc (keys to painting fur and feathers)
>>
>>2676731
The thing is, is that I'm always doing stylized things, so much so its making it hard to do more realistic things.

Which is why I want to go for a more realistic look I want to break the habit and more importantly I want to do something new :(
>>
>>2676744
Thank you very much! If you have any other books let me know!
>>
>>2676751
> vkDOTcomSLASHdoc4043932_344796450?hash=e932dc824fdaa72d75&dl=05342e67a2d5795e84
>(The Illustrators Guide to Pen and Pencil Drawing)
It will teach you different ways of doing strokes, key to doing fur and detailed stuff.

>Any figure drawing book like loomis or burne hogarth
>Any of the animal drawing books in the sticky
>>
>>2676756
I am honestly very grateful!
If I make substantial progress I'll upload it here.
>>
File: oldasstut.png (887KB, 557x2853px) Image search: [Google]
oldasstut.png
887KB, 557x2853px
>>2676429
Here's a tutorial I made ages ago

The key things are to pay attention to fur direction, keep your wrist loose, and don't forget about the overall form.
>>
>>2676791

Ooh I love following these! Thank you!
Do you have a DA with more I could use?
>>
>>2676796
ahaha...
I have a hard time looking at my old DA. Reverse image search if you really wanna (the're a few vague tips on drawing dogs)
I mostly use tumblr now, but I haven't rendered fur in a while

Anyways, here's someone else's tutorial I managed to save before the artist vanished from the internet.
>>
>>2676749
I feel that doing real studies of animals with pencil or charcoal (or at least if in digital, something that can imitate these mediums) will be more valuable for you.

instead of forcing a realistic rendering on your stilized pictures, learn how to use lines to render fur on real animals, then you will stilize better because you understand what you are doing.
>>
>>2676814
Shading tutorial because it's more important than actually rendering fur
>>
>>2676814
Unfortunately it just comes up with...angels o.o May I have your tumblr instead? And dont worry my DA is alot harder to look at :/

>>2676815
True! always start with the basics, I will be dedicating myself to at least 6 hours a day as i go through the pdf. 3h then break then 3h since work and whatnot.

>>2676818
Thank you! Its a very bad habit of me to not shade properly have any more?
>>
>>2676837
>http://putschui.tumblr.com/

Here's the sequel to the shading tutorial
>>
>>2676863
Thank you very much! Saved and followed!
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.