[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Shocker

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

File: 4_Teh_Chanz.jpg (2MB, 2630x1982px) Image search: [Google]
4_Teh_Chanz.jpg
2MB, 2630x1982px
Hey guys. I've always had difficulties with working with multiple issues at once. Doing composition, costume design, anatomy, rendering, color and all that shit at once feels really overwhelming to me as I'm still a fucking n00b at everything so I'm trying a new approach where I split the workload into parts.

I want to do an Illustration of a Marvel character called "The Shocker" with some new design elements etc. and I want a bad ass pose. Here's what I've come up with till now.

I made the costume design with Alchemy and Photoshop and I did the composition work separately in Photoshop (the crappy BW pic). The idea is to do a striking illustration of the character for my portfolio. If any of you kind and talented fellows could give me some pointers with the design and composition I'd be fucking thankful. FOREVER.

Oh and also... If there's anybody who's slightly worse than I am at doing this shit I can totally give you tips or paintovers on your stuff too.
>>
>>2674729
>I want a bad ass pose
Then why did you do a really static and boring and generic one? Do some thumbnails or get in front of a mirror and act it out.
>>
File: asdfasdf.jpg (199KB, 396x960px) Image search: [Google]
asdfasdf.jpg
199KB, 396x960px
>>2674737

I actually tried a bunch of poses. Including the one I have on the pic... I also did a bunch of thumbnails. I just thought that I needed the character to look strong and ready for what ever. I dunno. I know it's fucking generic but you know... I want to get work so I didn't think that having a generic pose would necessarily be a bad thing. If you have any tips for better poses I'll fucking listen to you though!
>>
>>2674729
80% of learning this shit is failing and then fixing it in the next project, OP.

General>specific.
Lrn2thumbnail. Thumbnails are the fwbs of the art world. It gives you everything you want in the picture without the commitment. You can design 20 of them, pick one, blow it up, and paint over it.
>>
>>2674744

I did five. Most of them are relatively similar to the one I ended up with.

What do you rhink my sketch is lacking? Who should I be looking at for reference?

I'm not trying to explain myself out of this. I just need something to get my creative juices flowing again etc...
>>
>>2674744
What's a thumbnail? I'm serious
>>
>>2674729
make him like holding his arms close, like hes all like oh man so much power
>>
File: 123446799763.jpg (83KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
123446799763.jpg
83KB, 1200x675px
look at reference. just simple changes to the form can increase how dynamic it looks
>>
File: CmB1m0rWgAANzia.jpg (83KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
CmB1m0rWgAANzia.jpg
83KB, 1200x675px
>>2674951
>>
>>2674909
A small, quick sketch.
>>
>>2674729
how old are you... have you an inventory of what you know you dont know?
then an inventory of what you absolutely need to know to do xyz ... then the most efficient steps to go to your goal ... the vaguer you are the more you will meander suffering because you fail to understand 1 thing. Its just as all other things you have learned so far ... and a bit trickier. for example
I want to do x in a bad ass pose> ok look at what poses look bad ass to you and change some thing or two about it and done. the level of your skill you have will not allow for miracles on a general level ... why do you draw ? do you have ambitions about where you wanna go with it. what other things you want at the same time? im not kidding these questions are important to answer to your self in order that you put in serious effort and time into gitin gud... with the shocker and bleh bleh be bliu
>>
File: image.jpg (77KB, 496x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77KB, 496x640px
>>2674741
>>
File: image.jpg (194KB, 1024x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
194KB, 1024x1334px
>>2674741
Read how to draw the marvel way
>>
>>2674747
5 isn't enough, especially if they all came out looking too similar. The point is to play with the idea and move it around into places you didn't think about before. It's like that writers quote about writing out all the obvious choices first, get them out of the way because they're overused.

In my opinion, it's not a terrible sketch, but it is boring. If you want something dynamic, compose it to be dynamic. Look at comic splash pages and action movie screenshots. Mess with perspective and fuck with the lighting.

And do more thumbnails.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.