[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is being nice and polite here such a crime ?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9

Why is being nice and polite here such a crime ?
>>
>>2673550

because no one here deserves any lick of kindness
>>
>>2673550
Because you are shit, OP.
Now go back reading the sticky.
>>
>>2673556
pic related wasn't my art, i just literally typed "confused anime girl" on google image
>>
>>2673560
then post your art to see if our rudeness is unjustified
>>
>>2673564
nobody was rude to me, I see people getting shit on just for thanking other anons or showing support and appreciation for someone's art. Why ?
>>
Because the more frustrated people of the internet meet here.
>>
>>2673575
i thought all the salt was located in dumblr
>>
>>2673550
Because 4chan is a home for cringe wannabe cynical man-children. And with teh artists all of it doubles
>>
Suck my balls you damn potato eater
>>
>>2673596
Charming.
>>
>>2673550
Bad times breed strong men.
>>2673578
Anger and salt are different concepts since being salty implies there is an identifiable and recent cause.
>>
File: 1463507092442.gif (932KB, 125x123px) Image search: [Google]
1463507092442.gif
932KB, 125x123px
/ic/ is actually pretty nice once you git gud
>>
>>2673550
being nice just to be nice isnt gonna help anyone get good, the truth will.
of course here we have both extremes, bitter people who criticize anything because they are insecure and triggered tumblrwhales who shit themselves anytime you say something negative, but you can get some nice critic sometimes.
in the end its up to you to pick which advice you think is right and helpful to you
>>
It's just 4chan culture. Many people here seem to equate being a dick with giving a straightforward critique though, when they in reality are two different things. Also people wildly exaggregate how bad art is.
>>
>>2673550
Because /ic/ is autistic enough to take the "self-hating crippling depressed artist" meme seriously.
>>
>>2673628

>implying

It's basically a loop. When you're a beginner, as long as you post in the beginner thread and make an effort, people are generally pretty tolerable. Then you a mediocre intermediate and everyone shits on you again. Then you get good and people say "good job" for a while, and from there either you get better and become a minor celebrity, then people shit on you again because they've got sour grapes. Alternatively, you plateau and people shit on you again because you plateau'd. In either case, good artists who are at that stage usually stop bothering with this place and move on to somewhere else.

That process is why a majority of /ic/ is either just starting or mediocre, the good artists get driven off pretty regularly.
>>
File: 1448256671114.png (29KB, 239x237px) Image search: [Google]
1448256671114.png
29KB, 239x237px
>>2673550
Nice trace fggt
>>
idk, i dont draw, but i like coming to /ic/ because i'm reminded how bad the average person is at any given thing
>>
>>2673628
L O L nah mang. Some of the people who post on here that are relatively "gud" get shit on more than beginners. Sometimes you get good crits but I'd say the majority of it is either people trying to tear you down to make themselves feel better or people who have no idea what they're talking about spouting memes like "symbol drawing", "Loomis", "pillow shading", etc.
>>
>>2674234
see>>2673560
>>
>>2673550
Welcome to 4chan, faggot.
>>
File: 1472200995734.jpg (191KB, 1000x890px) Image search: [Google]
1472200995734.jpg
191KB, 1000x890px
>Fresh beginner posts
>Loomisloomisloomis

>Sort of shitty/mediocre artist posts
>/ic/ breaks out into an autistic rage and starts shitting all over you because they dont know what to critique

Once you start understanding a little bit about the fundamentals, you realize that /ic/ doesnt actually know shit about art or critique. Its up to you to self improve from there, and then you can come back when you git gud and have people beg for your blog everytime you post.

Only 2 reasons to use /ic/ are that, start your journey and to get attention.
>>
File: 1472162904541.png (304KB, 349x398px) Image search: [Google]
1472162904541.png
304KB, 349x398px
>>2674232
>>2674247

I mean if you post all the time and get some salty/sad NEET attention, probably. But I've seen plenty d/ic/ks give really flowery compliments to different anons techniques, imagination, use of color, etc. and actual, helpful critique that wasn't unnecessarily mean.

I stepped up once 'cause some fag said I probably can't even draw after posting my guts all over a feels thread (first pyw I ever got, shit got to me not gonna lie) and to my surprise got pretty nice feedback considering it was just an unfinished sketch of anime grils. Have yet to post since because of irrational anxiety around sharing my work, anywhere- if I had the balls to post regularly some asshole would start to shit all over me for no reason too but to say /ic/ as a whole shits all over anybody that's above mediocre is a lie.

Most artists here probably just lurk and shitpost to let off frustration, not to get critique. You see good work come out of the shadows when there's fun threads. Then again I've only been heavily lurking /ic/ for about a year.
>>
FUCK ALL OF YOU
>>
>>2675189
/ic/ has useful resources too at least.
>>
Because art critique is something that should be rigid af. Granted anyone who just goes "oh this is trash" shouldn't be taken seriously as a critique, but like hell if there should be any hand holding.
>>
>>2673555
edgy
>>
>>2673628
Yeah... but you will never be gud enough for /ic/.
>>
Nice is helping your fellow man better himself.

Impolite is how faggots avoid constructive criticism irl, but where do you think you are right now.
>>
Because everyone here (includeing me) has been up for at least 72 hours, has a shit job, can only afford instant coffee and ramen, hasn't seen sunshine in weeks, and its 4chan.
>>
>>2680210
I see sunshine daily, thank you. Literally feel like shit if I don't.
>>
>>2673550
I don't mind rudeness, that's all over 4chan. What I dislike are people who act like fuckbags. Shitposting. Giving intentionally useless replies to people seeking help. Mocking quality art out of jealousy. The jealousy is what annoys me about this place. Every successful artist is under fire on this board.
>>
Fact of the matter is 4chan is a place for losers. /b/ used to be the place where you were assholes to each other, back in the beginning. After a few years the oldfags got bored and moved on with their lives. The neos took over and every board became the "be an asshole board", just with niche topics. Hate on someone who likes /a/nime. Shit on someone's /v/ideo game.

Funny enough, /b/ is now the place where people reveal their true selves. And look what it's full of. Insecure cock rating threads, how do I get a girlfriend threads on /adv/, face rate threads. Most of 4chan (75% bare minimum) users are losers in real life. Their lives vary from detail to detail, but for the most part they are unhappy, negative, frustrated souls with no outlet for their negative emotions. They tear others down because it provides temporary relief. Sometimes others will join in when they smell blood in the water. It's like elementary school, except instead of the loser being picked on, they get to be the bullies. It's unfortunate because there are people who want this place to be a hub for those with similar interests to get to know each other, and grow. But those people are snuffed out by LOOMIS SYMBOL DRAWING FUNDAMENTALS GOMAD SS NINTENDO SONYFAG NARUFAG etc etc
>>
File: image.gif (2MB, 500x215px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2MB, 500x215px
>>2680360
>Most of 4chan (75% bare minimum) users are losers in real life. Their lives vary from detail to detail, but for the most part they are unhappy, negative, frustrated souls with no outlet for their negative emotions.
>They tear others down because it provides temporary relief.

I'm not denying that, but I think the unhappy negative people are a vocal minority on the slower boards. Usually the other frustrated users just shitpost if they see a perfect opportunity for a good chuckle. Hear me out, shitposting can disrupt the peace and harmony in any thread, yeah, especially when other people join in, but I wouldn't say most of them are trying to intentionally tear others down. Some of it is just playful(immature) bantz with other shitposters. But like any forum/imageboard on internet, there's that one asshole in each thread that is really bitter and likes to roast everyone and their creations for their own amusement, or just some tryhard that takes shit too far, fails at making everyone laugh, and just won't go away. They can easily disrupt a good thread like shitposters, but they can also scare off the good people(ex. Drawfriends, artists that give positive critique, those rare lurkers that work in the profession art and animation industry, etc). It's best just to pretend these clowns don't exist once they start to act up, because reporting them isn't going to make them go away, or at least not for long.

>It's unfortunate because there are people who want this place to be a hub for those with similar interests to get to know each other, and grow. But those people are snuffed out by LOOMIS SYMBOL DRAWING FUNDAMENTALS

I would say you could filter them out, but there are rare occasions when someone gives legit advice on how to get a grasp of Loomis's drawing techniques and the fundamentals of drawing. You can slap the GOMAD, SS, SONYFAG, and NARUFAG shit in your filter though.
>>
>>2680360
u mad sonikku fag
>>
>>2680686
4chan isn't worth the amount of effort. Not for a person like me. When I'm on the receiving end of some 17 year old loser trying to bully me, I legitimately get mad. And on the internet, the person who loses the argument is the first person to display emotion. u mad?

Nah, you really do have to wade through too much shit in this place. Just looking at some of the active threads right now, there are faggots being faggots in all of them. My problem is I see the rare thread go well, with positive communication, I get tricked into coming back here, until I see some guy post a drawing and 3 people tell him he's fucking awful and needs to quit.
>>
>>2680360
>It's unfortunate because there are people who want this place to be a hub for those with similar interests to get to know each other

Why the fuck would anyone want to get to know each other on the Internet this isn't real life and as for the rest of your post it seems to me you take being online very serious to the point you legitimately believe what you're saying.

Either take your meds or go get diagnosed for potential autism
>>
>>2680696
Where the fuck are you normal fags coming from? Who the fuck is posting links from here on over to Tumblr? Reddit? Jewbook? Holyshit go back to your fucking hugbox.
>>
>>2673550
Being nice is the number cause of skill stagnation and decay.

We want you to strive to get better, think of it as tough love. Dumbass
>>
>>2680706
Number one cause*

Jesus Christ I suck at this.
>>
File: hqdefault-2.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault-2.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>2673550
Because everyone here is bitter and sad they they spent half of their life studying form, perspective, anatomy, going about art as a fucking science and just now realizing nobody in real world gives a shit.
>>
>tfw get off on verbal abuse
>make extremely shitty drawings on purpose and post them here
>>
>>2680706
Not being critical of your own work is what causes stagnation. The vast majority of skilled professionals never went to anonymous imageboards where they were bombarded with insults when they first started out and had a lot of nice things said to them throughout their journey to git gud.
>>
>>2673550
Imagine you suck at art. Imagine you dont even manage to get up to get gud or anything. You just mostly waste time browsing and shitposting on /ic/. Then someone comes along and posts his stuff, it sucks badly, but is still better then you. How are you going to deal with that upcoming frustation resulting out of that? I mean with all the "right choices" you made before and all.

As someone else put it:
Good people are getting gud, no to little time to post on /ic/, bad ones got time to post all day long.
>>
>>2680736
tpppest kek
>>
>>2673550
tbqh many of the attitudes of boards are very different from what i expected
i expected /ic/ to be one of the more mature ones, for example
>>
This is 4chan, what did you fuckin expect ?!
>>
>>2680928

>a board populated with a significant population of autistic NEET aspiring artists
>mature
>>
I love the whole "WE TELL IT LIKE IT IS. YOU NEED A THICK SKIN. WE DON'T PAT ON THE BACK LIKE LEDDIT DOES!"

tha's fine and I respect that, but that's not what you're doing.
>>
>>2680745
>>2680706
yeah, pretty much.
that guy is textbook /ic/ guy who's spouting some stupid notion that he saw on here, by someone who saw it on here and so on and so on for generations of new lurkers who have never had any idea what it was based on. Truth of the matter, and no matter how unpopular it might be with /ic/'s notion that everyone can be a critic, I believe that someone who hasn't reached at least a solid amateur level should think twice before giving anyone any advice. And if you ever reach that level, you should think of your advice as a description of how you found your way, not as the absolute standard of what an artist should do.

Generally if you're smart enough, even if you're not that good, you can tell the difference between an intelligent post and a meme spouting faggot, however if you're still inexperienced you might fall for the herd mentality and fuck yourself for a few years. Not being afraid of criticism is important, but unnecessarily harsh criticism actually narrows your sight and you see lots of people focusing all their attention on minor details such as perfect anatomic knowledge and completely lose focus on why they're even pursuing arts
>>
>>2673550
Let's look at the facts of this place

1. This entire site was made for and by persons who have restricted interests and repetitive patterns of behavior. That's the very definition of autism. It's all about weeb shit and sex or anything that can be tied to either one of those two. And they will meme the fuck out of it.

2. Memes are made by autistic people for autistic people. Using the same pictures repeatedly for the same comedic effects for years on end is the very nature of the kind of autistic people that populate this site. Disrupting memes upsets thier fantasia.

3. All memes stem from sexual angst and/or emotional development problems. This place is socially owned by people who have deep personal issues and a troubled social life.

So, they don't need a reason to be an asshole. They come here to be who they already are, which is being an asshole. Some even take pride in being an asshole. And asking them to be nice is to remind them of what they really are.

You don't go preaching at the local whorehouse. People aren't there asking to be saved.
>>
Because thats any other art community on the internet, and then they end up like deviant art. Learn your fucking fundis tumblrtrash.
>>
>>2681134
Deviantart has a more productive turnout in one week then this entire board has had for its entire life.

I come here to see the most self-delusional "artistes" on the internet. Every general here proves every day how delusional you people are about your own art. Deviantart can't even compete with level of cringey-ness you fuckups do here.
>>
>>2680713
Exactly this. Wish I had learned this sooner
>>
>>2680713
>they spent half of their life studying form, perspective, anatomy, going about art as a fucking science

if people here actually did any of that here there would be no time for a bunch of cringey "WILL I EVER GIT GUD?" threads and countless other threads dedicated to criticizing people who actually want to be artists and work hard.
>>
File: its bad man.png (413KB, 577x537px) Image search: [Google]
its bad man.png
413KB, 577x537px
>>2680954
>significant population of autistic NEET aspiring artists
how was i to know?
>>
>>2680713
>just now realizing nobody in real world gives a shit.
[citation needed]
>>
>>2673550
I can be nice, OP. I don't care if you're a bad artist, I'll help. But when you are too retarded to help yourself to the point where you don't even fucking try to read the sticky and beg to be spoonfed you're being a fucking cunt nigger.
>>
>>2673550

Because it's 4chan. The only ones who expect this site to be nice are tumblr sjws that are toxic cunts in their own way.

Plus crappy artists like most of /ic/ are super defensive autists
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.