[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How good do you have to be to draw in public without looking

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: 1364844749145.jpg (47KB, 449x642px) Image search: [Google]
1364844749145.jpg
47KB, 449x642px
How good do you have to be to draw in public without looking like an autist?

I know normies get impressed by really mediocre art but there must be a limit.
>>
If people get impressed by anime shit, normies probably get an erection by seeing anything related to realism.
>>
>>2672789
if you're trying to draw in public to impress people you're probably too noob.
>>
>>2672819
Not to impress people, just so you don't look like a fucking retard.
>>
File: 20160731_101305.jpg (839KB, 2048x1536px)
20160731_101305.jpg
839KB, 2048x1536px
I am an autist.... and I try not to draw in public specifically because of this.... people always start asking questions... it irritates me..
>>
>>2672841
Yeah id be the same if I drew like that too
>>
>>2672841
>fur shit from ref
>signing it
???
>>
>>2672789

If girls dont succ that dick the moment they see your sketchbook, you're not gonna make it.
>>
>>2672900
It's what I do... is there a problem?
>>
>>2672911
>not drawing from imagination

Nigger. I couldn't care less if you draw furry shit, but if you only copy photos, you're not learning anything.

Only copying images trick people into thinking they're good artists.
>>
File: 20160715_224828.jpg (914KB, 2048x1536px)
20160715_224828.jpg
914KB, 2048x1536px
>>2672917
... really, I'm not tricking anyone... I'm new to this board, and everyone who knows me on other sites/boards knows what I can and can't do. I'm terrible at oc, everyone knows it.
>That doesn't mean I don't try...
>>
>>2672917

There's nothing wrong with drawing from a reference, don't be an idiot. I guarantee you the vast majority of fine art produced was not done without some sort of reference.

Mindlessly copying to look exactly like a photograph is a problem, using a photograph as reference to make a drawing is not. Though who possesses the rights to the likeness of the photograph is a different sort of issue.

>>2672911

Signing them comes off as egotistic. It's a mediocre pencil render of a disney film still, be realistic. Besides, do you not think it's odd to sign every page of your personal sketchbook? Nobody is going to steal photos of some guy's zootopia copies, and anyone who really wants to find your blog probably won't have too hard of a time. You're proud of your drawings, there's nothing wrong with that, just understand that most people don't sign this kind of thing.
>>
>>2672949
Eh, fair enough... forgive me of I offended, things are different where I'm from, I was just bored and figured I'd check it out here... I'll be on my way
>>
>>2672954

Don't feel too bad, it's just a very critical sort of crowd here. This is the artwork/critique board you know.
>>
>>2672954
People here are kinda dicks because of the anonymity. Don't take it too personally, what they're trying to tell you is to break out of your comfort zone a bit and your art will improve.

If you're leaving though, have fun.
>>
>>2673009
yeah like this anon said , dont take mean things here too seriously, just replace their harsh criticism with nicer sounding crits to get the info you need.
ie : YOUR DRAWINGS SUCK FAG NEVER GONNA MAKE IT = you need more work anon.
>>
Lol furry art is more easier to draw than normal human body
>>
File: 1473472745548.png (44KB, 183x172px)
1473472745548.png
44KB, 183x172px
>>2672911
stop, go back
zoom in
enhance focus
>>
>Disclaimer: I'm a dick

>>2672789
Nobody cares about your life you autistic fuck. Sheeps already have their own problems they care about. You can literally shit in public and no one will ever ask you anything.

>>2672949
How sad. You wasted all the other anon effort to put him on the right path before it's too late.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1FynskNtjI

james gurney seems to be good at this.
just be confident and look like you belong, like you're doing a job, because you are-ish.
it helps if you can actually draw.
>>
>>2673261
also helps if you're fucking james gurney
>>
>>2673261
heh... I would fucking slap that shit out his retarded autistic hands if I ever saw him or people like him...

Damn autists
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.