[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 9

File: hr_giger_csg0481[1].jpg (70KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
hr_giger_csg0481[1].jpg
70KB, 1024x768px
How is this considered as ART? Why do people like it? I juts don't understand. Giger is shit. Pollock is shit. All this abstract expressionism is garbage. So why?!
>>
dicks
>>
this is more surrealism than abstract
>>
Giger is more illustration than fine art.
>>
R U GEY??
>>
dicks n' butts dicks n' butts dicks n' butts dicks n' butts dicks n' butts dicks n' butts dicks n' butts dicks n' butts dicks n' butts dicks n' butts dicks n' butts dicks n' butts dicks n' butts dicks n' butts dicks n' butts dicks n' butts dicks n' butts dicks n' butts dicks n' butts dicks n' butts dicks n' butts dicks n' butts dicks n' butts dicks n' butts dicks n' butts dicks n' butts dicks n' butts dicks n' butts dicks n' butts dicks n' butts
>>
>>2672118
I actually like it.
>>
>>2672123
>>2672133
this.

also fuck off with your "bloo hoo hoo modern and contemporary art exist alongside realism bloo hoo hoo"

we get this thread every fucking day. go fucking draw instead of whining into /ic/.
>>
File: 27b.jpg (47KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
27b.jpg
47KB, 300x300px
It's almost like art is subjective and up to an individual's taste which can be very different from your own.
>>
>>2672337
Die.
>>
>Jewish degeneracy and grotesque perversion of beauty
ayy it's another promoted corrupt artist!
>>
>>2672118
post your work
>>
what's with all the faggot brit ten year olds critiquing things they know absolutely nothing about? you can tell it's them because it's always "IT'S SHIT, IT'S SHIT" then something like "you moron" "bin" "knickers" etc etc
fucking ruin this website.
>>
We all know what art is, or at least have a fairly good idea of what it is; the textbook definition of art is “the expression or application of creative skill and imagination, producing works to be appreciated primarily for their beauty or emotional power.” So that makes sense… but then what does the word “subjective” mean? It means that an individual’s reaction to something is based on and influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions.

So there you have it; art – which is created for beauty and emotional reaction – being appreciated by individuals, using personal feelings and tastes to form an opinion.

The important word in that last sentence is “personal”, because any type of art speaks to each of us in very different ways – even multiple people who might appreciate the exact same piece of work. For example, a group of individuals standing in front of a painting may all agree that they appreciate the artwork. But each one of them will appreciate the piece in different ways and for different reasons – no matter how subtle or broad those differences are – because each of them has had different life experiences that have brought them to that place and point in time. Like snowflakes, no two people are exactly alike – even identical twins will still have varying subjective opinions and thoughts on things.
>>
It's hard to objectively assess a pursuit where there is no singular goal in mind to judge it by. Any given artist is going in their own direction. Like I could take a Raphael painting and maybe judge it based on how realistic it is, but that same standard would not apply to Picasso who wasn't even trying to be realistic in his work. There's no one metric that would apply to everything.
>>
What makes art beautiful is a complicated concept, since beauty is subjective and can change based on context. However, there is a basic human instinct, or internal appreciation, for harmony, balance, and rhythm which can be defined as beauty. Beauty in terms of art usually refers to an interaction between line, color, texture, sound, shape, motion, and size that is pleasing to the senses.

Sometimes beauty is not the artist's ultimate goal. Art is often intended to appeal to, and connect with, human emotion. Artists may express something so that their audience is stimulated in some way—creating feelings, religious faith, curiosity, interest, identification with a group, memories, thoughts, or creativity. For example, performance art often does not aim to please the audience but instead evokes feelings, reactions, conversations, or questions from the viewer. In these cases, aesthetics may be an irrelevant measure of "beautiful" art.
>>
Pollack
>nutjob adopted by wealthy degenerates as a sort of circus freak, whose work is valued by the same process as Magic the Gathering cards

Giger
>surrealist with macabre/grotesque subject matter
IMO his best work is a grotesque reflection of a grotesque world, and he had enough technical skill to translate his fucked up images across visual and sculptural mediums--he was even a cunning set designer.

Would you prefer pictures of ducks?
>>
>>2672760
Pollack
>a fucking fish. go learn something.
>>
>>2672763
Holy mackerel, you're right
>>
>>2672393
he should just kys
>>
>>2672118
>OP afraid of sex

Found your Trump voter
>>
>>2672118
I really want to like Giger, but most of his paintings are toomuch like relief sculptures to me (obviously they're paintings though) He rarely has any sort of depth to the spaces he creates so it's hard to think of his creations as things existing in a 3d world. For me the lack of the illusion of depth takes away from the conceptual depth as well. All in all I enjoy his art for the rendering and color and little else.
>>
>mentioning Geiger and Pollock in the same paragraph

gas yourself faggot
>>
File: 1473427750503.jpg (33KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1473427750503.jpg
33KB, 1024x768px
Realism is by far superior.
>>
>Tipper Gore posts on /ic/
>>
File: BabbyFirstMerc.jpg (75KB, 533x659px) Image search: [Google]
BabbyFirstMerc.jpg
75KB, 533x659px
>>2672118
>How is this considered as ART?

It gave us Aliens, which gave us vidya games with space marines hunting aliens and manga like Rg Veda.

This man deserves a fucking medal for his indirect contribution to my life.
>>
>>2672118
because giger is the shit.
>>
>>2672118
Only a complete imbecile would think this is in any way abstract expressionism
>>
go watch the whole work of Giger, then come back and regurgitate your opinion based on a single image fucking pleb
>>
You see alot of this in the return of good alt music you can find today.
>'this is harsh and scares me'
>'oi i feel like less of a man since i know of a man that can scare me with his art'
>'ISSHITISSHITISSHITISSHIT'
>>
>>2673208
Abstract expressionism is a lot worse. This requires some skill.
>>
>>2675895
>'only a'
>stop listening.
>>
Yeah. Tits, dicks, skulls, spikes, darkness... Giger never stopped being an edgy teenager. Add to this the fact that he painted with airbrush. This makes it difficult to get varied mark making. His paintings also tend to be very flat. And monochromatic. Often symmetrical. Very samey in general. Too edgy and boring for me.

HOWEVER

Alien, one of my favorite movies, wouldn't have been the same without him. And I was very impressed that he actually got in there and helped BUILD the sets and props in addition to designing them. His skeletal chairs are cool too.

Definitely had a unique vision that continues to be plundered by everyone.
>>
File: mural.jpg (430KB, 1600x646px) Image search: [Google]
mural.jpg
430KB, 1600x646px
Anyone else here love abstract expressionism? I think something like pic related is fucking amazing
>>
I learnt to appreciate dick drawings.
>>
>>2676004
not really in to abstracts but I like that one a lot. I'd probably hang it on a big wall in my home.
>>
>>2672118
Whoa you could fuck a pussy and dick at the same time.
>>
>>2676004
your art probably sucks
>>
File: 1467515164170.jpg (54KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
1467515164170.jpg
54KB, 612x612px
>>2672118
>giger
>abstract expressionism

truly EPIC bait

have another (You)
>>
>>2672118
benis :DDDDDD
>>
File: roth1.jpg (10KB, 236x343px) Image search: [Google]
roth1.jpg
10KB, 236x343px
this is now an abstract expressionism thread

have some of that sweet rothko
>>
File: Pepe-The-Frog-Enough-17.gif (553KB, 265x385px) Image search: [Google]
Pepe-The-Frog-Enough-17.gif
553KB, 265x385px
>>2672118
Jews and cultural degradation
>>
>>2676004
This ones pretty good, I don't know about the rest though
>>
>>2678839
throw out a few more logical fallacies
>>
>>2672393
he's right dumb cunt, in theory
but the truth is that art is just another monopoly and that any skilles cunt with luck and contacts can become an amazing artist that defined an age
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.