[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alternative Art/Stylization General

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 306
Thread images: 113

File: gesturebattle_ftrop.jpg (143KB, 900x1424px) Image search: [Google]
gesturebattle_ftrop.jpg
143KB, 900x1424px
Last thread: >>2663034

This thread is meant for artists who might want to try to make anime works in-between their studies. It is strongly recommended that you use this thread in conjunction with learning the elements and fundamentals of art. You can also discuss the visual elements of various professional artists as well if you keep it relatively articulate and civil.

Submit your drawings, receive feedback or critique others! Share your knowledge and remember to thank those who've critiqued or red-lined your drawings. Most importantly, have fun!

Fresh off the Mayflower? Then do yourself a flavor and check out /ic/s unofficial NEW STICKY:
>https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VfDTpLLVl5bWUGWguswKpPFml533luI8-NBd1EGYHnA/edit
---------
>Hitokaku Index
http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~zm5s-nkmr/
>0033
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?id=59317
>List of active livestreams
http://livestreamstatuslist.appspot.com/
>fellowBro's books
http://mediafire.com/?i44dwzkf9j9n8
>Tutorial/Reference Collection
http://pinterest.com/characterdesigh/
>Japanese Tutorials
http://iradukai.com/
>Figures
http://reference.sketchdaily.net/
>Pose Practice
http://www.eggazyoutatsu.net/eng/atarichan.html

Remember the words of our good friend Glen Vilppu: 'There are no tools, only rules'
>>
>last thread didn't even hit the bump limit
>animeshit OP again
the fuck is your problem actually?
>>
File: 43624.jpg (55KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
43624.jpg
55KB, 500x375px
>>2671403
you askin' for a battle?
>>
>>2671403
leave the poor kid alone
he just wants to feel important
>>
>>2671403
>>2671413
>two IPs
>OP is one of them
>the other is samefagging
The fuck?
>>
>>2671403
Holy fuck. I genuinely want to see your example of something being non-animeshit if you think the OP image is anime.
>>
>>2671416
forgot your trip, dumb nigger
>>
File: 1472982500835.jpg (444KB, 1273x1812px) Image search: [Google]
1472982500835.jpg
444KB, 1273x1812px
>>2671416
It's just one faggot that likes to shit up the alt threads. He gets his kicks out of rousing up both sides and trolling artists hopings someone takes his bait.

Just hide and ignore. He's actually a bit of a sorry fuck if you think about it. Kinda pathetic desu.
>>
>>2671421
feel sorry for you pham
>>
>>2671401
GESTURE BATTLE
>>
>>2669567
>>2671401

Two things:

1. The white stripe of his pants "cuts" into the left forearm and is tangent to the thumb. Doesn't read too well since the background is also white.

2. Left hand seems to be smaller and more stumpy than the right. I know that the tattooed arm is actually his brother's but I'm guessing the difference isn't intentional.
>>
File: 1473343122528.png (324KB, 900x1424px) Image search: [Google]
1473343122528.png
324KB, 900x1424px
>>2671401 (OP)
mm why is my stuff up as the header, and why is it the unfinished version OP ?

>>2671403
I mean it's not really animeshit c'mon man. Someone fixed it last thread to make it real animeshit.

>>2671452
I know, it was intentional though, I wanted to keep the original proportions which is why it looks that big, he has huge fucking hands that grab other people's head to kill them, it looks alright on the right hand but it looked pretty weird on the left.
>>
>>2671463
So we meet again. But jesus fuck why are you always so mad at me, calm the fuck down anon.
>>
>>2671471
everything anyone says, you always have an excuse or explanation. You have never once said, "yknow what? you're right. Let me fix that". Not once.
>>
>>2671483
Not him, but most people on /ic/ rarely have worthwhile input outside of "muh fundies" which is basic non specific criticism anyone can give.

Also, whoever did these redraws >>2671461 aren't doing anyone any favors.
>>
File: zadzaa.png (517KB, 1795x1058px) Image search: [Google]
zadzaa.png
517KB, 1795x1058px
>>2671483
oh but I do, and I did plenty of times. Probably one of my favorite change was because someone told me that all those plain lines looked very heavy on the torso and too "blocky", so I tried hatching instead and it went from left, to right on pic related, and I really liked the result. That's a good advice. obviously my hatching still sucks, but i'll get better at it.

another one for example was when I did a knight on the tower girls thread and didn't really like the result, and was conviced to change it to a samurai by a good anon. there's plenty of other exemples, heck I just changed the dude's mouth on the last thread after someone pointed it out. Just because I don't listen to your shitty advice or ones that I would not like personally doesn't mean I don't take criticism.

also, chill the fuck out, anon. see you on my next post of course.
>>
File: ms.jpg (40KB, 635x750px) Image search: [Google]
ms.jpg
40KB, 635x750px
Please, can I get a crit/redline? Something feels off, besides the terrible hands and maybe the torso.
>>
>>2671566
your stuff is stiff and boring.
>>
>>2671605
and we've gone a full circle again.
>>
>>2671605
>implying your opinion is important
>>
File: warlock2.jpg (2MB, 2527x3600px) Image search: [Google]
warlock2.jpg
2MB, 2527x3600px
>>
>>2671483
Jesus fucking christ not the one your responding but for the love of god unironically kill yourself my man. Your the reason any respectable artist should never take this place seriously. All anyone does here is just spew toxic vitriol towards anyone with an ounce of talent. All you're doing is being a fucking humongous faggot for no reason other "oh he's better than me, better spew memes about loomis" otherwise you would be giving an actual critique rather than attacking him.

Be honest with yourself, do you feel good shitposting on a slow ass board specifically geared toward helping improve other and yourself?
>>
File: shsh.png (247KB, 680x764px)
shsh.png
247KB, 680x764px
Guys I have no clue how to do good work flow when going from a sketch to fully rendered, or values to fully rendered.

Does anyone have any good vids on workflow?
>>
File: Las6.jpg (380KB, 848x1200px)
Las6.jpg
380KB, 848x1200px
>>
>>2671661
This whole post.
>>2671483
Who gives a shit if someone has or hasn't "submitted" to someone else's opinions? Either people take in what they like or they ignore it and do as they want. No one is obligated to say shit about anyone helping them out, it's a "common practice" from a irl standpoint, but it's NOT a rule, a law. It's just a curtsy, a little extra of care that ultimately doesn't mean anything special, at least to everyone on this planet. (Case in point example, like only 15% of people actually say "thank you" after I hold the door open for them, do I get pissy because of that? No. And do I care if they say anything? No. I just do it because I can, without wanting a "reward" from it. Just like the point above, no one is forced to give thanks for anything, it's to those that care enough to do something about it that counts.)

TL;DR: Stop acting like a cuntbucket over people's actions and take shit as 99% of people across the world get everyday without bitching about it.
>>
>>2671651
sorry but you gotta fix that thumbnail first, it looks like a googly-eyed knuckles fursona of some sort
>>
>>2671698
very tasteful for furry
>>
File: aaayyy.png (178KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
aaayyy.png
178KB, 800x800px
>>2671401
ugg

this threads are getting really salty flavours

this is exactly why I started to namefag

drawing b-hestia

>>2671730
excelent forms senpai
>>
>>2671933
So good, blog?
>>
>>2671934
mikufag dot com
>>
>>2671463
Funny. You always say the same shit to me, and I'm not the guy who drew the Scar picture. Like, word for word it's the same, and here >>2671471 I'm curious as if it's actually the artist, or just you samefagging to start drama again, since during our feuds, I've always had people jump in in my defense.

I know it's the same dude, becauss you always get mad over nothing, you always use the words 'stiff' and 'ugly', and you always throw a fit when I refuse to listen to your 'criticism'.

I actually think you might have gotten,this dude's work confused with mine in fact, since there are some similarities, and 'anime style' that is blended with some realism always seems to trigger you. In fact, I recall many threads back the entire thread derailed into discussing the differences between 90s and modern anime, since my Zelda triggered you so hard, you started to samefag left and right. And here you are, doing it again with this dude's work. And I know it's you, this thread averages about 40 people, and it's the same tone, vocab, etc... every time.

I actually wanna see your work shitposter-kun, because you sure spend a lot of time getting angry, but I've never seen you respond to criticism. Link me to some of your stuff from previous threads, or post some of your stuff, because afaic, this anon seems to be right about you right now >>2671423

>>2671933
I'm considering doing the same desu.
>>
>>2671767

Thanks. I'm not a saint by any means though.

>>2671933

I like this but the legs seem really weird. My minds been extremely off when thinking of perspective lately though. Heart eyes great.
>>
File: hngg.png (175KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
hngg.png
175KB, 800x800px
>>2672007
yeh it feels a bit weird but I don't really understand it too much

feet and hands next
lighting seems to be going alright

that furry's right arm reads like it's foreshortening in the opposite direction it should

>>2672007
It should read like going out, but it seems like it goes in
>>
File: Well.png (364KB, 808x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Well.png
364KB, 808x1000px
>>2672017

Dang I need some sleep. Or start using perspective lines.
>>
>>
>>2671461
bro you should work on your line weights, i think that's a big part of what makes your art come off as 'boring' to some d/ic/ks
>>
>>2672061
What's wrong with the line weight ?
>>
>>2672072
and there it is.
>>
>>2672072
there's almost 0 variation, and where there is it's obviously not very intentional. try thinking about depth, plane changes and lighting a bit more.

e.g. why is the hand in the foreground drawn so light? and the parts of the drawing where there's an angle change like around the obliques you generally want to emphasise overlaps but you've gone lighter at most of those and darker on the outside of bigger forms. also the overall line weight being so thin looks pretty good, but there are some instances that could use a bit heavier lines at parts for things to read a bit better if you're just using flat colours with not much value changes.

i know it's a tutorial for hard surface but it's stuff you apply to figures too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX4SZwhU_dc

>>2672089
kek
>>
>>2672072
I'd say thicken the lines on his hand a little and darken it some where you have lines connect.

>>2672089
Post your work nigguh. Put up or shut up.
>>
File: Yuyukiho.png (1MB, 1300x1700px)
Yuyukiho.png
1MB, 1300x1700px
have something cute for a change guys: ))
also tried new hair coloring experiment i think it turned out good.
>>
>>2672007
>>2672044
pretty cute and hawt!
Do you have blog?
>>
>>2672284
Those shoulders and neck really need a fixing.
Also try some more dynamic poses for a change. You actually showed hands this time so that's a plus, but you always do the same simple pose with leg cut-off.
>>
>>2672305
Danke for your criticism just noticed the neck looks wrong af. I will try to do dynamic poses when i draw proper standing girls. I also noticed the arms that i drew might be too long kek.
>>
File: bestia_hng.png (463KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
bestia_hng.png
463KB, 800x800px
leaving this for now, tried "le pixiv artist" painting style instead of my usual renders, looking more like copics

any feedback apreciated

>>2672284
if you're not using colorpicker, your color tastes are ahead of your drawing skills
don't make final lineart so soon, if you want to progress, instead, post your sketch here and don't step up until you get what you're missing from feedback and apply it to your sketch, it's too flat
>>
>>2672320

That girl is like 2 seasons and a Christmas ago.
>>
>>2672332
picked her because of liking / really easy outfit to draw quickly

really bad pick to get attention probably but w/e
>>
File: 1448040072694.jpg (28KB, 413x395px)
1448040072694.jpg
28KB, 413x395px
>>2672089
you're probably as fat as Chris christie too.
>>
File: chalott3.jpg (226KB, 1050x750px)
chalott3.jpg
226KB, 1050x750px
>>2672320
cute, but the way you rendered her legs look a bit like plastic wrap
>>
File: ----3.jpg (271KB, 666x1225px)
----3.jpg
271KB, 666x1225px
hello
>>
>>2672384
fuck thas goood
>>
File: mmloogi.png (381KB, 1260x1000px) Image search: [Google]
mmloogi.png
381KB, 1260x1000px
>>2672384

What brushes you use? Your stuff is always so nice and sharp (guessing you use alot of noise).
>>
>>2671401
Never realized that scar had a hitler youth cut until now
>>
>>2671950
Honestly man. Dont give him any attention. He obviously has a pathetic life one way or the other if he puts this much energy into being this way. You are better off just ignoring him and letting your work speak for itself especially if they aren't willing to post anything of theirs.
>>
Can we post cartoony/non-realistic/animu/anythingnotrealistic here? I have a really cartoony style and feel like sharing stuff, not really for praise, but to just like, share it
>>
>>2671950

Diff anon, but assuming you're the guy who does Zelda stuff based on Ghibli screen caps, keep in mind there's definitely plenty of room for criticism on your works.
>>
File: 1473030481169.jpg (514KB, 1618x2292px) Image search: [Google]
1473030481169.jpg
514KB, 1618x2292px
Are there Doujinshi covers tutorials or speed paints?
I'm not good at gook language and I just fail miserably at trying to emulate the style.
>>
>>2672728
Anon, you must go to the beginner thread, and stay there until you have read and practiced the works of our savior, Loomis H. Christ
>>
>>2672743
Aight, fine, whatever man.
>>
File: Mock.png (274KB, 767x999px)
Mock.png
274KB, 767x999px
>>2672707

>Doujinshi covers tutorials

From my understanding of it it's just composition and focus. I wouldn't say there's a "painting tutorial" for such a thing. Draw sharp/cell shaded and use clashing/contrasting colors so the sexy point in the focus of the cover. Also generally focus the cover on whatever the main deal of the doujin is. If you want to get an idea of how they're picking their colors and shades take a color picker to whichever one you're looking at and find the consistency in color schemes that the artist uses.

As for composition, they usually make the background simple as to not detract focus from the center point of the cover.

Really it's all just fundies. Anything can be a doujinshi cover, with the right composition simplicity.
>>
File: start.png (45KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
start.png
45KB, 600x600px
>>2672728
welcome to ic I guess
that's symbold drawing, best thing you can do, if you want to start learning to draw as an adult, is reading the sticky (loomis is early for you right now, drawabox.com too
literally, you gotta learn to measure shapes and angles with modules to be able to copy (see), drawing with the left part of the brain might helps you in that regard

doing stuff with your hands won't get you anywhere, you won't learn stuff on your own unless you plan to invent the wheel every step ahead, which you're not gonna do

at any approach, keep in mind you have to delay gratification, don't seek to reach finished results from every scrach (unlike you're already doing).

pic attached is an example of starting bricks to reach this shit >>2672320
drawing is like building, don't forget the ground

starting from the roof leads to nothing gud
>>
>>2672672
Oh totally. Not saying I'm free from criticism. On the contrary, still got ways to go. But that anon seems like a particularly salty individual, and his way of dissing people felt awfully familiar, so I felt like calling him out. He just seems like the reason so many threads derail, but like >>2672606 said, it IS just better and overall wiser to report and ignore. So that's what I'll do.
>>
>>2672660
Go for it man, the more diversity the better I say.
>>
File: EMT.png (497KB, 720x1000px) Image search: [Google]
EMT.png
497KB, 720x1000px
Crit?
Not sure what to start working on now
>>
>>2672951
So gud, blog?
>>
>>2672769
Good advice. Sadly it seems like anon won't be reading it.
>>
>>2672953
I don't consistently make enough interesting content to sustain one.

http://sorairoboss.tumblr.com/

I dump some of the hit-miss stuff there though
>>
>>2672979
Anon he was shitting you.
>>
>>2672993
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
any tips on shading baggy pants?
this is driving me completely fucking insane
>>
File: comfortzone.png (408KB, 789x592px)
comfortzone.png
408KB, 789x592px
>>
>>2672951
Looking at your blog your faces suffer more than your anatomy does. You can start with the bits under the eyes, since the mouth and nose actually extend out of the face (the mouth sits over a barrel created by the shape of your teeth) you gotta bring them out a bit when you stylize them. Watch for that in three-quarter views, here they're both sitting straight on your middle line and it makes them look wrong.

You also need to practice your head construction, a lot of your heads seem to be faces sitting on necks and have no craniums. Look up some head construction method (either Loomis, Drawabox, or whatever you prefer) and make sure your face, cranium, and neck are connected in a way that makes sense. An excellent tip to remember is that the ear sits at the middle of the side plane of the head (with the top being slanted slightly backwards compared to the bottom), watching out for this will help you ensure you don't draw faces that are too thin or too wide.
>>
>>2672769
diff anon can i do drawabox on a tablet such as assignments, etc? and i find your tips very helpful im might start doing some practices aswell then rush to the roof immediately :') have a great day.
>>
>>2672586
square/chalky/dry brushes
>>
>>2673142
You can, but seriously traditional isn't all that bad. I thought it was at first too and tried to do it digitally, but then my tip was getting killed, so I just switched over. If you follow drawabox, you can transition back to digital. It does take a bit of work though.
>>
brahs, i wanna draw cute girls doing cute things but i have zero ideas and zero inspiration, where to get ideas from? help pelase!
>>
>>2673229
Read books.
>>
>>2673229
draw from life, stalk real cute girls doing real cute things.
>>
>>2673158

Thanks bro. Again, your stuff is fantastic.
>>
>>2673142
personally I struggled a lot to use a tablet as I felt a downgrade in hand-eye control, couldn't enjoy drawing on tablets until years later I tried a screen-tablet, should have pushed trought instead of fleeing away tho

use the tablet every day, yet,use the most natural/efficient tools you have available to study, you might be more productive with analogic

if you're not doing traditional, you should be already doing

don't get sketchbooks, print paper is way cheaper, don't get either copics or expensive materials, like, ever, all of it will be a waste of money, save da money

people who spend the money without getting real value back don't make it
>>
File: 2016-09-10 crusader.jpg (103KB, 881x1000px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-10 crusader.jpg
103KB, 881x1000px
>>
>>2673265
>crusader
>anime girl
oh boy its one of those types
>>
>>2673274
I-I don't know what you mean.
>>
>>2671463
probably because the artwork is clean and presents great understanding of fundamentals anon you fucking retard.

something that a lot of people lack.
>>
File: EMM.png (209KB, 525x935px) Image search: [Google]
EMM.png
209KB, 525x935px
>>2673133
Alright, thanks for the crit anon.

Went back and did some small adjustments to the torso, but the face is probably out of my power to fix anymore.

Plan for the weekend will be to hit up some head anatomy.
>>
>>2673127
so pretty
blog?
>>
File: cooking_girl.png (89KB, 517x720px)
cooking_girl.png
89KB, 517x720px
>>2673472
Drawing while talking is really hard.
>>
>>2672017
Change the nose or mouth
>>
>>2672017
holy shit, and the feet.

i just noticed them what the crap
>>
>>2673603
>>2673604
Redline it faggot
>>
>>2672017
Thanks!
>>
File: wip.jpg (122KB, 533x412px) Image search: [Google]
wip.jpg
122KB, 533x412px
>>
File: fff3.png (861KB, 904x1080px) Image search: [Google]
fff3.png
861KB, 904x1080px
from this morning
>>
File: wip9.10.16.jpg (40KB, 643x616px)
wip9.10.16.jpg
40KB, 643x616px
I was happy with the initial sketch, but everything always falls apart when I clean it up.
>>
File: wip.jpg (254KB, 663x512px)
wip.jpg
254KB, 663x512px
>>2673674
update
>>
File: arch.png (56KB, 1290x1080px) Image search: [Google]
arch.png
56KB, 1290x1080px
>>
>>2673739
this is fucking terrible. stop it.
>>
>>2674139
Looks pretty good, man. Not bad, just a little stiff, you know? If you're going to continue it, why not push the gesture a bit more? Puff out the chest like she's holding her breath, tilt the head like she's aiming. I'm not sure if any of that is correct archery form, but that's just what I think I'd do if I was aiming a bow and arrow. Sketched up something pretty quickly so you could see what i mean. sorry that it's sloppy, but hope it helps.
The Olympics just ended, I'm sure there are some good new reference photos out there for archery right now, try looking them up, get a better idea about good form. Or you could just ignore me, what do I know, I'm just an asshole on the internet.
>>
>>2674168
Thanks for reply! I always have some problem with postures or hands, so it's looks like bad.
I see what you mean and I will try to do as you said in my next sketch.
Thanks again for some help "asshole"!
>>
File: delete this.png (1014KB, 1017x909px) Image search: [Google]
delete this.png
1014KB, 1017x909px
i've been drawing for around 2 and a half years now and i still cant really figure out how to draw the side view... Can somebody help?
>>
>>2673739
his shorts are kinda ridiculous but otherwise very nice really. keep it up anon
>>
Reposting here since I made a separate thread and didn't see this one. Oops.
>>
>>2674276
resize your drawing before posting, beginner thread
>>
>>2674279
Oops again. Fixed.
>>
>>2674279
How is this beginner thread level?
>>
>>2674276
>>2674282

>>2672409
>>
>>2674284
It's a mess. You using the curvilinear tool doesn't automatically grant you above beginner skill nor makes your drawing look better. It lacks everything. And I swear you are copying a miku DJ photo, that or I know I've seen the same comp dozens of times.
>>
>>2674215
It looks like the hair is starting at her hoodie. And I can see that problem in my art as well.

Do you want to join me in reading loomis books?
http://www.alexhays.com/loomis/
>>
>>2674288
>direct him to Alternative Art/Style thread
>then direct him to beginner thread
what.
>>
File: 1458936877677.jpg (36KB, 416x312px)
1458936877677.jpg
36KB, 416x312px
>>2674302
/ic/ Artwork and Bureaucracy was a mistake
>>
>>2674215
you should really do some head studies, they will benefit you a whole lot from what im seeing.
>>
File: finalized.png (1MB, 1439x2375px) Image search: [Google]
finalized.png
1MB, 1439x2375px
>>2671401
>>2671401

well no one helped me with the baggy pants dilemma and theres no good references for this type of clothing so I hope I didn't really fuck up
anyway, today I learned about the color dodge and gradient map tool
if anyone can give me tips on coloring grayscale, it would be really helpful
>>
>>2674485
> I didn't really fuck up
you really, really fucked up
should go back to /beg/ and stop trying to attentionwhore here
>>
>>2674501
sorry
im not trying to attentionwhore, I just want tips
if you could tell me where I fucked up on the pants then it would help
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Can someone help me figure out how to pull off this pose?
>>
>>2673265
I like it. Next time draw her removing kebab.
>>
>>2673288
The type of person who turns every historical figure/culture into qt anime girls.
>>
File: IMG_20160911_003946.jpg (950KB, 1918x1918px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160911_003946.jpg
950KB, 1918x1918px
>>2671401
Hows my exploration?
>>
trying to come up with a quick coloring technique
>>
>>2674713

didnt work, you gave her vitiligo
>>
>>2673472
thats erek from the disco.
>>
>>2674713
Do you think she needs more horns?
>>
>>
File: ayed.jpg (67KB, 540x690px)
ayed.jpg
67KB, 540x690px
>>2671401
still training hard on my fundamentals, but this is a piece I did in my spare time
>>
>>2674969
I'm guessing this is based on a Roman or Renaissance sculpture.
>>
>>2674485
Really nice and cute style! Only one nit-pick; There's quite a strong light source from below, a lil' of that light should hit his hands and weapon.
>>
>>2674969
holy fucking blog? (no jokes)
>>
>>2674969
Seems very KyoAni
>>
File: z1267.png (42KB, 1039x482px)
z1267.png
42KB, 1039x482px
>>
>>2674969
Usually animufags make the head too big but yours is a little too small, enlarge it slightly.
>>
>>2675116
twinksreading.tumblr.com
>>
>>2675142
>There's nothing here.
>>
>>2674501
>I'm scared and insecure. I just gotta call someone an attention whore to make the pain stop.
>>
>>2674704
Keep it up.
>>
>>2674103
update

any critique would and could be helpful
>>
File: wip.jpg (314KB, 767x592px) Image search: [Google]
wip.jpg
314KB, 767x592px
>>2675273
here is the picture
>>
File: tomoko.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
tomoko.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
Tomoko.
>>
File: confuseses.jpg (167KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
confuseses.jpg
167KB, 800x800px
>>2672769
Hey M I am confused. Aren't the eyes supposed to not overlap into the side plane or am I missing something? Cause whenever I tried the whole circle and then circle for the side plane it felt like there was never any room for the eyes.
>>
>>2674501
this is definitely above /beg/ tier anon
>>
>>2674485
you didn't fuck up. very nice style actually. keep it up
>>
File: 2016-09-11 lineart resized head.jpg (102KB, 466x1000px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-11 lineart resized head.jpg
102KB, 466x1000px
>>2675018
Here. >>2673636

>>2675116
I'll pass.

>>2675119
I'm basing it on a KnK character.

>>2675131
I looked again on the character I'm basing this on and yeah the head is a little too small.
>>
File: son this is bait.png (63KB, 625x626px)
son this is bait.png
63KB, 625x626px
>>2675279

jesus fuck anon, this is worse than your average edgy tokyo ghoul shit you'd find on deviantArt. go to >>2672409 and stay there for a loong time. No, actually, you're not even worthy of that, this is the place for you >>2668936.

Not to mention that body language/facial expression is completely and utterly out of character for her
>>
File: ss.png (160KB, 1000x695px)
ss.png
160KB, 1000x695px
>>2675290
the key you're missing is that everything on that sketch is not definitive, it's not intended to be accurate, it's the ground to settle a more accurate drawing over it, and after that the line art
>>
>>2675340
What are your plans for the future mikufag
>>
>>2675354
wat
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2591x1935px)
image.jpg
1MB, 2591x1935px
Made this to practice on motion while taking notes from Tsugumomo and Hiroaki Samura's works, how'd I do?
>>
>>2673124
been trying to get help from ic on this. just learn it on your own and practice off real pictures, you'll get the hang of it im sure of it. but to it seems like you're just looking for fast results. not gonna find the help here for that....
>>
File: IMG_20160911_203729.jpg (838KB, 1920x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160911_203729.jpg
838KB, 1920x1920px
>>2674704
>>
File: IMG_20160911_164407.jpg (797KB, 1920x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160911_164407.jpg
797KB, 1920x1920px
>>2675689
>>
>>2675525
This looks cool, but none of it reads cleanly.
>>
>>2675340
Now another thing that confuses me from watching Proko is that isn't the ear supposed to be in the middle of the circle? Or does that not apply when MUH STYLE happens.
>>
I tried to spice up my drawings I made it look less boring with my unusual pose this time. Sorry for the resolution gonna make it wider at some Time later but here you go cute power!
>>
File: 91216.png (467KB, 1340x720px) Image search: [Google]
91216.png
467KB, 1340x720px
drew some anime in my free time this weekend
still learning
(rabbit one was drawn before swimsuit one)
>>
>>2675224
attention whoring is whats killing this general
>>
>>2675941
Yeah it's not shitposting faggots who dont actually draw who come to just pretend they know what they are talking about. Or retards who suck shit at drawing and are insecure so they lash out at people unjustly for attempting to get better. Good Bait.
>>
File: ResizeboxerSugares.png (1MB, 907x1280px) Image search: [Google]
ResizeboxerSugares.png
1MB, 907x1280px
Man the color add on this is too obvious. Oh well
>>
File: hanamaru suki_20160912_092538.jpg (336KB, 1300x1700px) Image search: [Google]
hanamaru suki_20160912_092538.jpg
336KB, 1300x1700px
>>2675857
Here's full resolution
>>
>>2676014

You kind of animu flat faced her up friend. I mean there's plenty of problems but her face is in a completely different angle than where her eyes are. Put your finger over her nose/mouth and vice versa you'll see.
>>
>>2676031
Not the poster, but are there any tips to avoid eyes from being at the wrong angle your face is?
>>
File: uhhh.png (10KB, 321x406px) Image search: [Google]
uhhh.png
10KB, 321x406px
>>2676038
Make a guide?
>>
>>2676031
Thank you so much I tried applying the thing you said I really can't see it probably due to inexperience can u slight edit the eyes in a proper way to see it only if your free to do so thank you again~
>>
>>2676052
Yeah, I've made sure to make guides, but the part that comes after it kinda baffles me.
The details like making the eye look 3D at the right angle instead of flat is something I'd like to work on.
>>
File: Edit.png (1MB, 1300x1700px) Image search: [Google]
Edit.png
1MB, 1300x1700px
>>2676038

Learn some anatomy negro, and shapes. There's an obvious lack of understanding.

>>2676056
>>2676083

Here's a bit. I fucked up the redface but whatever.

The guidelines are there to give you an idea as to where the depth holds, but without understand the anatomy of the head or human skull or shapes then you're not going to understand the angles etc. Look at drawing with the right side of your brain/look into shapes and loomis. It will help. If you know how to actually draw a face you really can do any stylized version of it.
>>
File: New Canvas.jpg (459KB, 1272x1800px)
New Canvas.jpg
459KB, 1272x1800px
lines done, i guess
>>
>>2676155
blaowg?
>>
File: 1473646558215.png (2MB, 2453x900px)
1473646558215.png
2MB, 2453x900px
>>2676155

You use to do those same type of pics way earlier right? You've gotten way better, no joke. I mean there's some perspective weirdness kinda going on with the legs but that could just be cause I'm tired. Keep it up.

Also you using Photoshop for your lines? If so what's your secret, they're super clean. I just do paintovers on everything so it doesn't matter to me but It may be nice to do some clean lineart on a piece for once.

Just gonna steal what I did earlier so not empty post.
>>
>>2676160
elakan.tumblr.com <--main blog, i got a dA, pixiv and a slightly more nsfw tumblr but you can probably find it from here

>>2676162
sure i guess, thanks.

it's probs the floors, changed the floor lines a bit and it looks better.

Not really, im the type of asshole who uses SAI even though I have CSP and PS. Rule of thumb for clean linearts is sketch then do lines, dont etch out the lineart too much at some point you just build up confidence to it since it becomes muscle memory for your strokes. Huge curves draw from elbow, for small to medium use wrist, try to get it right using few strokes per line. ctrl-z is your friend since you just redo the lines instead of chicken scratch.
>>
>>2676169

Eh I don't think chicken scratch is the issue for me but stablization in photoshop isn't exactly optimal for making lineart in any quick manner. I was using MS5 for a bit since it provides super stability for lines aswell as vector (so really I guess my question is irrelevant I could just use that...) but I much rather stick to one program. Guess you can't win them all!
>>
>>2676171
just change your stabes dood :v
>>
File: What .png (61KB, 355x694px) Image search: [Google]
What .png
61KB, 355x694px
>>2676172

>stabes
>>
>>2676180
stabilizers
>>
new monster girl character~
>>
>>2674723
kek
vitiligo is moe
>>2674950
the hornier the better bra
>>2674969
cute~
check proportions, legs seem short
>>
>>2676243
>girl with horns
>monstergirl

neck yourself
>>
>>2676271
Demons ain't monsters now?
>>
>>2676271
>>2676323
REKT 420 BLAZE IT
>>
File: 2016-09-12 lineart.jpg (149KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-12 lineart.jpg
149KB, 1000x1000px
Trying again.
>>
>>2675689
I like it, your style is very appealing. Those arms are disturbingly long, though.
>>
>>2676351
>Tracing
>>
File: m2.jpg (151KB, 720x1120px) Image search: [Google]
m2.jpg
151KB, 720x1120px
r8 my degeneracy /ic/.
>>
>>2676523
That looks really good. Although its kinda weird
>>
File: pat.jpg (285KB, 1009x701px) Image search: [Google]
pat.jpg
285KB, 1009x701px
>>2676243
i really like the design and skintone
>>
>>2676243
Come home, monstergirl man

>>2639209
>>
File: IMG_20160912_130103.jpg (905KB, 1536x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160912_130103.jpg
905KB, 1536x1536px
The prespective doesn't make much sense.
>>
File: Haruka poke.jpg (260KB, 1000x744px) Image search: [Google]
Haruka poke.jpg
260KB, 1000x744px
>>
>>2675786
Developing some notes I took at the park yesterday.
>>2676397
Yeah I guess. I was mainly concerned with getting them to look different with few strokes though.
>>
File: nude_man_henshin.png (245KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
nude_man_henshin.png
245KB, 1920x1080px
Miss David :(
>>
File: wip2.jpg (323KB, 767x592px) Image search: [Google]
wip2.jpg
323KB, 767x592px
>>2675275
final update
>>
>>2676410
I'm not tracing though.
I just sketched the reference >>2674849 as closely as I can before doing lineart.
>>
>>2676800
given your line-quality and showing of fundamentals, I thought >>2676410 was full of shit.
But given how good your drawing is, it's not surprising someone would think that.

Anyway, great lines!
>>
>>2676579
Hey rin, my friend and I are going to buy wwe 2k17 later this year for jokes, and we wanted you as a character but we have no idea what you look like. Could we get a baseline for when we out you in?
>>
>>2675794
Can you elaborate on cleanly? You mean there's way too many speed lines?
>>
>>2675689
>>2675786
>>2676696

blog?
>>
>>2676888
that ain't no redline
>>
>>2676999
I'm way too shit to redline that, and I don't even have a computer
>>
>>2676694
>tfw reading the Japanese, then suddenly see pokeballs in the top
>suddenly realize it's supposed to be a screen cap
Nice job.
>>
File: image.jpg (631KB, 2052x1532px)
image.jpg
631KB, 2052x1532px
>>2675525
Had lots of fun doing this, though the proportions may be a little fucked up.
>>2675794
Does it read better now?
>>
File: prog.jpg (75KB, 435x913px)
prog.jpg
75KB, 435x913px
>>
>>2676579
thanks! dark skin is love

Haku is cute, looking forward to the finished drawing c :
>>
>>2676592
tower girls are cute, i might give it a go ~
>>
>>2677096
Fun story, anon!
>>
File: shikaka2.png (522KB, 648x900px) Image search: [Google]
shikaka2.png
522KB, 648x900px
I probably made the neck too long
>>
>>2677354
Blog? Love the way you do the rendering.
>>
>>2677354
yes blog?
>>
File: lightdood.png (883KB, 1003x723px) Image search: [Google]
lightdood.png
883KB, 1003x723px
>>2677356
>andrae0
I don't update my blog anymore
most of my stuff can be found on LAS
>>
>>2677362
got a new pc yet or u still on toaster mode
>>
>>2676243
really cute design. But her horns look like their hanging from her head rather then being attached to her head.
>>
File: dog.jpg (271KB, 1000x811px) Image search: [Google]
dog.jpg
271KB, 1000x811px
how do you emulate fur /ic/ ?
>>
>>2676984
My instagram
https://www.instagram.com/ryan.francis/
>>
File: Universal Language_resize.png (956KB, 985x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Universal Language_resize.png
956KB, 985x1500px
Did some Miku fanart, I like how the guitar turned out!
>>
>>2676800
This is really weird because something similar happened in the past on /ic/. Someone used that pic as a reference for their drawing and was accused of tracing.
>>
>>2677414
thanks~
you're right, i have a hard time drawing the horns in perspective ;-; i'll work harder on them

here's today's drawing
>>
>>2677417
Search the archive or catalog, we just had a thread
>>
File: prisc.png (127KB, 600x600px)
prisc.png
127KB, 600x600px
feels wonky
>>
>>2677607
fluffy tail waif! looks gud, the forearms looks like they are not connected to the upper arms tho
>>
>>2677432
He's mocking you
>>
File: wonkyredo.png (226KB, 1000x591px) Image search: [Google]
wonkyredo.png
226KB, 1000x591px
>>2677609
not too good, came back and it's too stiff/symbolic as it used no ref to rely on
tried to redo relying on the wonky drawing and it seems to be improving a lot
wtf
>>
>>2677467
I'm not sure but I think kyle also used that as reference.
>>
>>2677671
isn't accusing kyle of trazing a meme already?
>>
>>2677654
Maybe so. No harm no foul.
>>
File: Demon OC.jpg (707KB, 4000x8000px)
Demon OC.jpg
707KB, 4000x8000px
Rip me a new one /ic/
>>
File: hlep.jpg (119KB, 534x700px) Image search: [Google]
hlep.jpg
119KB, 534x700px
Anyone mind redlining or helping me out? Thanks
>>
File: form.png (161KB, 500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
form.png
161KB, 500x1000px
>>2677693
RE
SI
ZE
is that everything you've done or you've erased the sketch, or it's occult on other layer?
did you do that lineart directly?
is that all you've drawn?

you seem to be trying to get finished edges/shapes/outlines straight on a single run, at first attemtp
and you're forgeting form/construction so everything looks flat

set your brush line weight to pressure for lineart
>>
File: wonkyredo2.png (290KB, 1000x626px) Image search: [Google]
wonkyredo2.png
290KB, 1000x626px
>>2677665
>>
>>2677704
Personally I don't think you're at the redlining stage in your art career. That sketch is basically a re-draw. Keep drawing and developing your understanding of anatomy/perspective, you'll get there
>>
File: HKFem.jpg (572KB, 1071x1200px) Image search: [Google]
HKFem.jpg
572KB, 1071x1200px
>>
>>2674177

aside from what >>2674168 said I really like the way you draw faces
>>
>>2677665
>>2677762
If it looks too stiff practice gesture. It's a good way to loosen up your poses because it teaches you to exaggerate

DESU your second drawing looks like a 3-12 month time lapse in skill so that's fairly impressive you were able to turn the quality of that drawing around so hard
>>
>>2677790
yeh, it looks like before and after memes kek
I know, it happened because I started doodling left starting at the eyes pretty brainless, first did face, then decided to do priscilla, then did hair, then body (recipe for disaster obv), and to make right I did with proper technique (gesture+shape design+construction)

still, I think relying a bit on left turd helped to draw from imagination better, just because ideas are already settled, knowing this shit i'll start to ref previous step/sketches to draw better without ref :S
>>
>>2676632
blog?
>>
File: FinishedRoughExample2.jpg (163KB, 1049x1170px) Image search: [Google]
FinishedRoughExample2.jpg
163KB, 1049x1170px
>>2677718
Apologies I reduced the mb file but completely forgot about the file size.

Thank you for the redline with just a few simple changes you've made it 20% Sexier.

>>is that everything you've done or you've erased the sketch, or it's occult on other layer?
did you do that lineart directly?
I actually sketch in pencil. Fix my errors and then do line art. I find it easier to lay down an idea on paper then on digital.

My pencil artwork is incredibly,terribly embarrassingly bad however.and i guess I rely too much on the pc
I'll find the original sketch later.

all of my other work is similar i guess
>>
>>2676794
go to /beg/
>>
>>2677834
when asking for critiques show the underdrawing too, there are the weak fundies afterall

>>2677607
just like I did here, no fundies = fial
>>2677839
lmao

>>2676794
you need to draw more and paint less, the bg/ground needs to read with perspective, those bg trees too
>>
>>2675970
Stop even trying to mess with color for now. Your drawing is lacking, your values are all over the place..
Where's the focal point? Everyfuckinwhere? The legs, pants, ropes, chest all of it has similar values/contrast.
Forget color for a year. Work on drawing and values. The piece could work with those colors if your values, drawing and edges were up to a standard.
>>
>>2677455
This is really good anon! I think the arms are a little too lanky, though
>>
File: shadows.png (214KB, 669x750px)
shadows.png
214KB, 669x750px
propper shadowing
>>
>>2677906
unf
>>
>>2677906
seems like you mixed anime girl with >>2671461
>>
File: esfinalfinal30.jpg (794KB, 1287x1989px)
esfinalfinal30.jpg
794KB, 1287x1989px
>>
>>2677801
I know where you're coming from. I don't want to be one of those guys who can draw anything well from reference but average/poor from imagination. But drawing from reference is so important to understand reality. It's a tricky balancing act. However you're much more skilled than I am right now
>>
>>2677788
Got more of this? Looks real nice.
>>
>>2678026
Not bad anon, but her pose is really weird. Her back is essentially twisted to the point of breaking, and even if someone is that flexible it is really unnatural and uncomfortable to be in that sort of a pose.

Otherwise the lighting isn't really consistent and the plate and dessert are out of perspective.
>>
File: anime redline.jpg (669KB, 1000x2000px)
anime redline.jpg
669KB, 1000x2000px
>>2677693
Really late on this redline and >>2677718 already drew a really good one, so I tried to touch on points they didn't.

Hope this helps
>>
>>2678026
>>2678190
I'm actually not bothered by the pose here to be honest, it doesn't look "plainly wrong" as much as "very exaggerated", since this style is all about exaggeration it should be acceptable to twist the body a bit too much (yes, I'm aware the angle between her back and pelvis is ridiculous, but it's not that obvious, and if it makes the picture look good, fuck it).

One thing I would like to see is better defined light sources, it seems like you put a ton of bounce light everywhere so you wouldn't have to think too hard about the main light. Main offender is probably the thighs, which seem to be getting a large amount of bounce light coming from nowhere logical.
>>
>>2677789

Thanks! I really like them too and it's one thing that I can draw good and without any problem.
>>
>>2678190
>>2678206
yeah i was definitely going for that anime impossible torso to get a panty shot and you're right about the light source-- i hadn't really defined a main light source when i planned it so it probably reads pretty poorly

i'll take another pass at it later tonight
>>
File: ResizeboxerSugares.png (1MB, 737x1092px) Image search: [Google]
ResizeboxerSugares.png
1MB, 737x1092px
>>2677846

>forget color for a year

lol no.

It's just a gradient map over a value piece I did in maybe an hour, I didn't even refine the sketch. I didn't "color" anything. I understand the flaws, I'm more just messing with brushes, at best it's a WIP. Apologies.
>>
>>2678216
how long have you been drawing, if you don't mind my asking? Not just any drawing, (because many start when they're kids) but actively trying to get better
>>
>>2678402
it's been about a year since i started to learn how to paint
>>
>>2678255
Try taking some of the reds and general mid-tone saturation out of your bg. Saturation in the midtones looks good on skin (because of sss) but not having it in your bg is gonna help sell the idea that it's made of different materials.
>>
>>2678637
kek I like how I saw this Es picture on my twitter feed today. It's nice, but...

BBCF is shittt.
>>
File: random animu study.jpg (139KB, 1000x668px) Image search: [Google]
random animu study.jpg
139KB, 1000x668px
This anime shit is hard.
>>
yo d/ic/ks
want some quick crit on this.
tell me whats up
>>
>>2678827
looking gud dude super cute, her left arm is wrong though might wanna try fixing that
>>
>>2678827
FUNDIES FIRST
WAIFUS LATER
FUNDIES FIRST
WAIFUS LATER
>>
>>2678840
The perspective is weird. Looks like the car is floating. It's a really extreme distortion you've chosen since the vanishing points are so close together, so I would try to plot it out and get things somewhat right because guesstimating is having things look very wrong.

Storytelling might be stronger without the second guy standing by the front of the car.
>>
>>2678843
Yeah, I guess the arm's off.

I'm more concerned about the fucked up cranium I gave her.
>>
>>2678844
Either give a proper crit or fuck off.
>>
>>2678848
that is a proper crit , learn fundies , draw waifus later.
>>
>>2678849
That's advice, not a crit.
>>
>>2678848
He's right tho. Your fundamentals are lacking and what boggles me is that your learning from anime shit. That's like, the worst way to learn to draw.

I suggest start with symbol drawings like >>2676052 to get a feel for the face.
>>
>>2678845
i think i see what your saying with the perspective on the vehicle...
i might look more at the overall perspective later, but heres a small update.
>>
>>2672127
Ob didnt see your post sry, I'll try tweeking it later and repost it here. Thx.
>>
>>2678855
how the fuck is that symbol drawing?
>>
>>2677815
You wouldn't like the answer to that question.
>>
>>2678849
guy is even trying to draw waifus with construction, your "proper" crit is lacking fampai.
>>
>>2678861
read loomis you jackass holy shit
>>
>>2678870
I have

answer the question, how is >>2676052 symbol drawing?
>>
>>2678872
you haven't read shit since you can't tell the shapes used for >>2676052
>>
File: llwip91316.jpg (45KB, 600x604px) Image search: [Google]
llwip91316.jpg
45KB, 600x604px
I know it's shit. Going to color it anyways.
For once I need to complete something that isn't a study.
>>
>>2678874
do you actually think construction and guidelines is symbol drawing?
>this is who tells you to read loomis
>>
File: hanamarurru.png (879KB, 2480x3507px) Image search: [Google]
hanamarurru.png
879KB, 2480x3507px
Idk if this looks any better then my other artworks kill me desu.
>>
>>2678827
I find that the two most important things for a decent 'anime' picture is a non-melty face and proportion. Were the proportions for your figure consciously chosen when you were drawing?
>>
>>2678862
join the discord and post more at least
>>
File: GoatMang.png (1MB, 1118x1200px)
GoatMang.png
1MB, 1118x1200px
Running on E.
>>
I dont know what Im doing
>>
>>2679009
what are we looking at? It looks intriguing.
>>
>>2679016
a flower after a lawnmower
>>
File: reworkedsmall.jpg (435KB, 1038x1977px)
reworkedsmall.jpg
435KB, 1038x1977px
>>2678194
thanks for the tips I really like the one on dynamics. I felt like her pose was stiff but failed to see how to fix it. everything else is all greatly appreciated
>>2677718
I tried to use the tips you both gave me.
>>
File: IMG_4876.jpg (422KB, 553x979px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4876.jpg
422KB, 553x979px
>>>2677718
also here is the original sketch. its embarrassingly terrible. but all of my process start out like this.
>>
>>2679033
if you overlay to compare previous-after edit, you won't miss anything

right forearm is short, does not increase in size due to foresortening, forearm is too long,
left hand is gigantic now, forearm is broken

face is worse now

you can't fix without underdrawing (understanding)
btw do you trace/grid hands or what
>>
Any feedback?

The desire to just be done with it is blinding.
>>
File: Kill la Kill.png (3MB, 1300x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Kill la Kill.png
3MB, 1300x1920px
is this anime-thread?
>>
>>2679129
that fire LUL
>>
>>2679129
Everything about the figure and front of the monster/robot is aligned as if the horizon was above the shot, yet your tree line hints at perspective converging somewhere slightly under the top of the shot.
>>
>>2679129
I still don't understand why you can see random tree trunks on the ground and to the side when the grass is a blur
>>
>>2679129
The colors/shading are really bland honestly. You need more color theory it looks really boring in term of coloring. Also the tress are really bad drawn at the background (the leaves especially) in terms of proportion it looks fine.
>>
>>2679129
This is what happens when you try to emulate someone else's style. You just don't "get" it.
>>
>>2679009
Is that Annie?
>>
>>2679129
>>2679141
this is some next level da vinci shit right here
>>
>>2679161
Look at the shape of the horse's body. The alignment of the monster's legs. That log on the left.

If they're going downhill and/or there's perspective curvature there's not enough to illustrate that. Add more trees/rocks showing the change in terrain, not just some trees in the background that are not in alignment with the rest of the picture at all.
>>
>>2678912
eyes are looking at nothing, make it so its looking at the viewer or at anything out of the image

the crotch is pulling in too many wrinkles, unless that shirt and shorts are attached to her vagonia then it's wrong

figure is wrong, do more studies and check those proportions
>>
>>2678026

it looks really good, my only critique is that braid moving up for no reason
>>
>>2679141
>>2679172

Yeah, a very kind someone over at the Discord chat pointed that out for me as well. I'll be fixing that soon.

>>2679145
Yeah, I was referenced to this:
https://www.google.se/search?q=kazuo+oga&safe=off&client=firefox-b-ab&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjVgeHYh4_PAhVLhSwKHRLaAoQQ_AUICCgB&biw=1920&bih=947#imgrc=6WVjf6O7HVY19M%3A

Being able to look at more of his stuff will certainly help a lot. But yeah, painting environments and stuff is my weakest point. I'm doing some other stuff on the side, and reading Alla Prima, but it's certainly something to improve, it's not something I'm very practiced at desu.
>>2679147
Only one way to learn, isn't there anon?
>>
File: PicsArt_09-10-02.09.30.png (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_09-10-02.09.30.png
2MB, 1440x2560px
>>2672979
>>2672953
>>2672951
This makes me sad
>>
>>2673124
Looks like he has a nice penor bulge
>>
shinobu is an immortal vampire ;D
>>
File: spacelady.jpg (321KB, 2081x2609px)
spacelady.jpg
321KB, 2081x2609px
Having a lot of fun with this one, looking to try to finish it soon but i find it really hard to finish anything.
>>
File: spacelady smaller.jpg (125KB, 1079x1361px)
spacelady smaller.jpg
125KB, 1079x1361px
>>2679263
Smaller version.
>>
new logoless thread >>2679286
>>
>>2673229

It seems like cute girls has become the object of 90 % of the art practised today.
Browse deviant art - it's all cute girls. It's all about who can render the cutest girls.
If you want to make it as an artist today - cute girls.
>>
>>2675224

>GG EZ
>>
>>2679251
Because you'll never be as good?
>>
>>2675011
do real stuff now
do unreal stuff after you learn real stuff
there, stop going strait to anime
>>
Being on beginner level does not qualify as an alternative art style.
>>
File: New canvas1.png (299KB, 895x907px) Image search: [Google]
New canvas1.png
299KB, 895x907px
>>2677354
loose redline for the neck
>I probably made the neck too long
not necessarily, but the angle is too much, you made it bend too much (though i might have made it bend too little)
even irl nobody will bend their neck that hard for a pose. think about whats comfortable and natural. usually it'll work if you just follow the gesture of the spine without any extreme bends.

also, if you want to understand how the head turns, you gotta separate the the muscles in the front from the ones in the back. the way you drew this makes it seem like you think of the "neck" as one vague object.
just being aware of the sternocleidomastoid and the trapezius helped me a lot in understanding the neck from various angles
Thread posts: 306
Thread images: 113

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.