[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lemme get this right. The best way to learn anatomy is to do

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1422663531769.jpg (48KB, 500x386px) Image search: [Google]
1422663531769.jpg
48KB, 500x386px
Lemme get this right. The best way to learn anatomy is to do a million drawings using reference/pose photos.

Anatomy books/etc don't seem to help me much. Why I don't know.

Also, should I be doing a still life every day?

I'm dead set on improving but for some reason proko/vilppu/etc don't seem to help for squat. Along with all of these other books/resources I have.
>>
>>2666560
/ic/ recommends The Strucuture of Man by Riven Pheonix. Highly regarded study material by pros alike and for those completely clueless to anatomy.
>>
>>2666564
lol, no
>>
>>2666564
Even for trolling this is going too far. You can permanently fuck someone up.
>>
>>2666564

I downloaded that whole set earlier thanks to a post you made. This guy is tedious as fuck and 150 + videos at 20 minutes or more. You're fucking insane.
>>
>>2666575

It's that long because he takes his time and explains with clarity. Just do 1 video a day and by day 150 you'll know everything you need to know on the human body.

>>2666566

What are you talking about? His lectures are recommended by Disney and Lucasfilms.
>>
>>2666566

Could you elaborate on why it's bad?
>>
You again??
>>
>>2666564
You should be banned for recommending this shit.
>>
File: hangup3a.gif (201KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
hangup3a.gif
201KB, 500x500px
>>2667271
Wow, rude. I was just sharing what helped me.
>>
>>2666560
I miss you OP.
>>
Deliberate practice is better for you than mindless scribbles.

Its better to do a handful of drawings, analyzing what you've done wrong, and attempting to rectify it by addressing your mistakes rather than drawing one hundred drawings making the same mistakes solidifying poor drawing habits.

Don't ignore your mistakes, address them and make your weak points stronger.
>>
>>2668098
False, you need to get a ton of crap drawings out of your system to get better.
>>
>>2666560
it doesnt seem like its helping because you havent studied enough, people can plateau in skill for quite a while before they get an obvious spike in improvement. That doesnt really mean you should second guess great resources like villpu, huston ect. keep drawing from them. one specific exercise: spend time drawing from photo ref of people and cross referencing every form you draw with your anatomy book to gain an understanding of how diff muscles look in diff situations, this will force you to consciously observe(very important) and learn as opposed to just copying without thinking. keep doing your vilppu/loomis box/cylinder form mannequizations, even when you think youre good enough to stop. create your own exercises that will get you out of your comfort zone and to expose your weaknesses. also stop posting on 4chan and draw instead
>>
>>2666564
I'm ashamed that I was memed into downloading 8 gigs of this dudes vids a while ago
>>
>>2667287
can you post some of your work/progress before after type stuff
as someone whos curious to see how it helped
>>
>>2666564
lol I remember he claimed he had millions of fans.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.