[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

stickybones vs bodykun

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: vs.png (846KB, 1556x792px) Image search: [Google]
vs.png
846KB, 1556x792px
Made an impulse purchase during the indiegogo campaign for the stickybones and now I'm kind of regretting my choice after researching the body kun a bit.

Does anyone have any experience with the body kun or an argument as to why one would be better than the other?

((disclaimer: I know mannequins aren't a replacement for actual anatomical studies/figure drawing but they're useful for reference and idea generation.))
>>
>>2665697
Why are you regretting stickybones?

As for bodykun, it can't hug its knees by default but if you rotate the abdomen piece 180, then it can curl up all the way.

Also, the knees and elbows aren't double jointed, so they can't curl in all the way either.

It's passable, but curling joints in all the way seems to be a very niche purpose that your anatomical knowledge should be able to fill in imho.
>>
>>2665756
I'm mostly regretting it because the hands and feet seem out of proportion, and unlike the bodykun, which is targeted towards "artists" in terms of anatomical correctness/range of motion etc., the stickybones to be mostly targeted towards stop motion animators.

The bodykun DX also has props and a "fly rig" or whatever it's called, all for about half the price(~$35) I paid for the stickybones ($79). The stickybones fly rig is priced at $32.

Looking at the bodykun I also like how there's musculature and it seems more proportioned overall. The stickybones does have more flexibility but the bodykun's more limited range is marketed as being more human which could be bullshit for all I know.
>>
>>2665784
>the bodykun's more limited range is marketed as being more human which could be bullshit for all I know.
It is.
The stickybones is a didactic toy. The bodykun is a premium figma.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.