[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you consider colouring pencils to be childish? What do you

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 9

File: $_32.jpg (72KB, 507x599px) Image search: [Google]
$_32.jpg
72KB, 507x599px
Do you consider colouring pencils to be childish?
What do you use?

To me it doesn't matter what they say on the box it still feels like I'm a little kid drawing with crayon and it'll be stuck up on the fridge
Nothing I do with them feels correct
I don't know any alternative
>>
>>2665352
drawing with colored pencils is very pleasant
>>
Of course not.
I like them for quick sketches. A more opaque pencil like Derwent's Drawing goes great on toned paper. Build a small color palette out of individual pencils rather than a fuckhueg tin and see what you can do with them.
>>
>>2665352
I use a black pencil crayon to draw instead of a regular pencil sometimes. It goes to a deeper and richer black, it doesn't smudge as much, it doesn't have that silvery shininess that pencil has, and it has a waxy smoothness that feels nice as you draw with it. It's exceptionally nice on moleskine paper but I use it in regular sketchbooks too.
>>
>>2665352
A fucking chore
I'm always losing the fuckers and so much time lost searching the one I want
Good thing I love doing pen, I just can't stand having more than 1 or 2 tools.
>>
I think they work best as a supplement to other mediums. They're good for adding texture to color.
>>
>>2665462
Oh yeah pencil crayon overtop acrylic or watercolour can look fantastic
>>
You likely use them in a childish way, gripping them with a fist while scribbling and making fart noises. You stupid, vapid twat. Also, Faber-Castell Polychromos > all
>>
>>2665735
but Feng told me to make sound effects while I draw
>>
>>2665735
I'm starting to get the hang of Prismacolours, which sadly lack the smoothness of Polychromos.
>>2665352
Obviously haven't given the medium a good enough try.
>>
>>2665352
Ive bought this exactly kit. Still working on my first coloured drawing. I'll post here when I finish it.
>>
File: IMG-20160904-WA0026.jpg (73KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160904-WA0026.jpg
73KB, 720x1280px
>>2665795
Here it is!
>>
caran d'ache luminance white coloured pencil is the GOAT
>>
>>2665896
mellow
Just what a mom will hang on the living room
>>
>>2665896
you half assed it from the face down m8
>>
>>2665981
nah m8, derwent drawing chinese white.
>>
>>2665896

Kingfisher? If so, those proportions seem about right.
>>
>>2665896
this looks really plain mate, where are your shadows at?
>>
Tool thread? I ordered a pack of palomino blackwings. I'm really excited.
>>
>Do you consider colouring pencils to be childish?

Yes. Color should only be done with either fresco, oil paint, or maybe egg tempera; although oil painting is superior to egg tempera in almost every ways. Water color also is, for the most part, either proper to children, old women, or women of any age, so I can't fault you for using water color if you are a woman, just as we don't fault women for failing at something like honor.

Drawing on paper is about the design. Not color. Use a hard charcoal pencil or chalk. Red chalk as well as metal point are fine. Most other colors are gimmick. You can also use pens, of either black or brownish ink. No colored gel pens.

If you really insist on being a sissy and using color on paper, try the three-crayons technique, using red, black, and white on a warm toned paper. A white over black will create sufficient grayness to appear blue. Red over black will appear quite warm White over red will appear of a peach color.
>>
>>2666361
>rubbing powder on dead trees
Weak. Real men sculpt stone with tools they forged themselves.
>>
File: common-kingfisher3.jpg (97KB, 680x521px) Image search: [Google]
common-kingfisher3.jpg
97KB, 680x521px
>>2666022
If its about the proportions, no. About the the shadows? Kinda, it was my first coloured, and I didn't had the dark colors for this drawing it seems.

>>2666118
Yeah, I know what you mean. Some colors in this kit doesn't mix so well. And I didnt had some colors the finish.
>>
File: 9138.jpg (46KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
9138.jpg
46KB, 600x400px
>>2666142
Why would you do that? Could've paid less for a pack of the objectively best graphite pencil.
>>
>>2665352
I don't use them because I have trouble getting well-saturated colours out of them, and getting colours to mix the way I want them to

If I want to use colours analog I'll use paint desu
>>
I use Polychromos to color quick sketches.
>>
File: Tombow+Mono.jpg (109KB, 1000x290px) Image search: [Google]
Tombow+Mono.jpg
109KB, 1000x290px
>>2666433
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little Bic? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my box at Tombow Japan, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret figure studies of live models, and I have over 300 confirmed still lives. I am trained in gesture warfare and I’m the top drawer in the entire Japanese Art Forces. You are nothing to me but just another commision. I will draw you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this board, mark my fucking value studies. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of doujinshi artists across Japan and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the eraser, maggot. The eraser that wipes out the pathetic little things you call your drawings. You’re fucking drawn, kid. I can draw anywhere, anytime, and I can push values in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my HB grade. Not only am I extensively trained in unsharpened gradient renderings, but I have access to the entire arsenal of amazon.co.jp and I will use it to its full extent to draw your miserable ass on the face of this bristol board, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tortillion. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn pencil. I will shit forms all over you and you will feel them. You’re fucking drawn, kiddo.
>>
>>2666478
Genuinely laughed
>>
>>2665378
>A fucking chore I'm always losing the fuckers
And that's your fault you disorganized pig
>>
>>2666478
10/10
>>
>>2666362
I am the tool I forged myself
>>
>>2666478
>maybe you would have held your fucking tortillion
Damnit, I was so close
>>
>>2666647
>tesagure
good shit nigga
>>
>>2665352
I love colored pencils. They're great alongside with gouache or markers. Why more fun than painting digitally, and I also like it more than pastels or acrylic painting (which I also enjoy more than digital painting. I don't know why, but I think I just not like digital painting a lot).

You can do professional looking works with them. It's just that people often se then just for illustration because the good ones are not cheap (and because lightfastness). Not my case, of course, because I'm not a pro. But you know, internet shows.
>>
>>2666495
rude
>>
>>2666750
Yeah, Tesabros can't be separated, we'll always find one another
>>
File: fc110060_4.jpg (335KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
fc110060_4.jpg
335KB, 600x480px
>>2665735
>Faber-Castell Polychromos > all
muh nigga
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.