[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Art competition

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20160821_144112.jpg (392KB, 703x1009px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160821_144112.jpg
392KB, 703x1009px
A question for painters here, I've checked on internet for some art competitions and I'm not sure I'm doing it the right way. I'm 23 to painter doing that my whole life .I've finished academic art school and I've done some years of art academy, I've moved to Germany(Frankfurt) 2 years ago and currently applying to art universities in the area. Maybe you guys know a way to start promoting myself , I'm thinking to apply to as many art competitions and grants as possible, Maybe you could advise me some or at at least a way to start making a name.Thx
>>
>>2665228
>I've done some years of art academy
Does this imply you have a BFA? If so you could apply to the Vienna academy - they got a line of study that favors realistic art. Many other academies favor no-skill art with strong concept. It will be very hard for a realistic painter to get accepted at any academy. They don't favour that kind of art at all.

Grants favors those who have a BFA and MFA even more.

Not every censored competition is the same. You have to know from their previous exhibitions what kind of art they want.

Portrait competitions like the Nordic Portrait Competition favors realistic art a lot more than other competitions. See portraet.nu for their exhibition catalogs.
>>
>>2665271
Whoops its portrait-now . com
>>
File: IMG_20160821_173536.jpg (607KB, 720x993px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160821_173536.jpg
607KB, 720x993px
>>2665271
I couldn't say I'm that realistic I do always different stuff also I have a tendency for expressionism sometimes. It's still strange most of competition I've checked award superrealist shit what I really hate.
>>
Check artdeadline.com

and theartguide
>>
>>2665277
My point is this: everything gets easier with a BFA or MFA degree.

Make a website with your work (no listed prizes), CV and your contact info.

It dosn't sound good that you change between your styles this often. Galleries, etc want to be able to pin an expression or style to their artists.
If you make a portfolio with a lot of different styles you will most likely come off a someone who is confused to which way you want to go, artistically.
>>
>>2665301
I definitely will, the question is what does it give you.
>>
>>2665383
What does a BFA or MFA give you? Byers and gallerists see a degree as a form of security; your knowhow of the basics of the artworld, how to do artiststatements plus a lot more of the tools the academies gives you - its a quality stamp.

It opens a lot of doors.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.