[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help, client wants to see me in skype!

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1468468266431.jpg (425KB, 1632x1088px) Image search: [Google]
1468468266431.jpg
425KB, 1632x1088px
Sup /ic/.
Ok let's go to details quickly:

Client that im supposed to work with said that he will call me IN SKYPE within 3-4 hours.
Im working as a freelance artist for 5 years already and nearly all my job was talking in PMs and E-mails.
Im a very lonely non-social person and im shy about showing in skype!
I need that job but i also DON'T WANT to go to video. What the hell!
I can't talk to people properly, neither i will look as "smart" and "creative" as during regular messaging.

Is there any way to avoid video? Do you have any advices? I don't want to go to skype. Messaging is so damn easier.
>>
if someone asks me to do skype i dont do video, or voice i just type.
you dont have to do video in skype if that is your question
>>
>>2664872
just tell him you have no camera if its not to late for that, so you can just talk
or tell the truth and say that you would be more comfortable with text messaging
>>
>morbidly obese hoarder detected

Just tell them your anonymity and confidentiality is important to you, and you'd rather communicate through a messenger service ffs. It's not rocket science.
>>
>>2664872
cmon you can at least speak like you speak on the phone, nobody can see your ugly face when using a mic.
>>
>>2664883
Not anon but a lot of people have anxiety talking on the phone because they end up with no visual cues. I end up having anxiety attacks preparing myself for a phone call.

In my casethough my family used phone calls as a way to be abusive and controlling throughout my life and still do even though I'm 25 and halfway across the country.

But op, just type on skype. Maybe they're more comfortable speaking outloud. Some people can formulate their thoughts better by speaking than they can by typing. If you're too nervous to be honest about it just say your mic broke but you can listen
>>
File: 1468578715846.jpg (641KB, 931x619px) Image search: [Google]
1468578715846.jpg
641KB, 931x619px
>>2664882
>morbidly obese hoarder detected
almost
Im not morbidly obese thought (im not from USA lol) but yeah im chubby because i sit and draw all the time...
However that's only the "30%" of problem.
i just might not sound really good and not answer with "quality speech" as i would do with typing
>>2664877
>if someone asks me to do skype i dont do video, or voice i just type.
>you dont have to do video in skype if that is your question
but that might scare him. He kind of chill and cool dude. He probably used to this stuff and talks in skype with his co-workers a lot...
>>2664896
>I end up having anxiety attacks preparing myself for a phone call.
i had this back then but not anymore - because 2 years ago i started to talk with some distant friends from the internet and we just got over it as time went on.

thanks for advices... M-may be it's not that scary....i h-hope.,.
>>
This is pretty normal, I don't see the problem.

I've had people skype me for video editing gigs
>>
>>2664930
>This is pretty normal
this is 4chan. Many artists here probably live closed life and talk only by messaging in the internet.
Im kinda curious about this exierience now (however it would SUCK if i will loose job because i will sound like a retard while i would do nice by messages)... but yeah worrying about this, is very understandable.
>>
He probably just wants to see if you're trustworthy by looks, it's hard to lie on a video if you want to scam him somehow, for example. Take a deep breath, wash your face/hair, take the dorito sacks away from the field of vision and talk calmly, just the way it is.
People just want to do the business and that's it. If you comply, you'll prove to him that you respect his wishes and can say that for future communication you'd be more comfortable using mail.
>>
>>2664872
just do a skype call then. say your dont have a webcam or its not working with skype for whatever reason if he asks
>>
>>2664872
>advices
It's "advice" you fucking retard.
>>
>>2664977
people who speak like that are usually not first-language english
>>
>>2664959
>He probably just wants to see if you're trustworthy by looks, it's hard to lie on a video if you want to scam him somehow, for example. Take a deep breath, wash your face/hair, take the dorito sacks away from the field of vision and talk calmly, just the way it is.
yeah i already did cleaning on my shelves (not from doritos-from action figures lol) and prepared the shirt that i will be wearing.
>>2664979
>>2664977
strange. all my life i kept hearing "es"
however i know that fish is always FISH and not fishES
>>
>>2664977
It's a joke from Pumping Iron, you moron.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.