[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT : Proof some of us can do it

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: eww_holyfuckwho_bought_this.jpg (124KB, 830x647px) Image search: [Google]
eww_holyfuckwho_bought_this.jpg
124KB, 830x647px
> Post shitty art and artist that made it beyond drawing in their mom's basement
> Inb4 this is the new motivational thread

> Pic related
>>
>>2664098
you know this one is fake... right ... ?
>>
>>2664098
passive aggression : the thread
>>
>>2664100
http://www.nma-fallout.com/gallery/photos/morbid.1216/
do proper research, you'll end up seeing all of the artist's old stuff along with his bio.
>>
>>2664109
I repeat myself: you know this one is fake... right ... ?
>>
>>2664100
fake my ass
those were made by the developer's buddies which were also programmers of the game
since none of them can draw for shit and too fucking poor to hire illustrators they just pick the ones in the bunch with the best drawing skills to visualize their characters.
>>
>>2664098
keep in mind that back in the 90's concept art wasn't even a thing. they just took the best drawer out of the small studio they had and told them to draw the characters. if you're using this as an excuse not to work your ass off then please stop persuing art, you wont make it.
>>
>>2664120
why you posting this tho ? It's badass, far from being shite
>>
>>2664116
>>2664115

and the guy who drew this shit also made a couple more. he eventually claimed not to be an artist and stopped drawing abominations
>>
>>2664120
Your pic related actually looks good but you're right. I think feng talked about it In a podcast once and I've read similar things else where.
>>
>>2664116
this, met some old programmer cunt that used to do the concept art in a small game studio back in the day. Still happens for some indie games, programmer/artists are a thing.
>>
>>2664138
It's from 2015
>>
>>2664120
No. That's not how it was. Back in the day small studios did not have dedicated artists. It was a bunch of programers doodling thier ideas into the code. It was usually the director or game designer that did the art. These people were bad at art. Very bad. But everyone chipped in to polish it. Sometimes they shined other times not so much.

the idea of a concept artist didnt come into form until large AAA studios started shipping more than one game a year. they have the resources to hire simple artist just for thier art.

However the thing that kids refuse to aknowledge is the fact that the industry is basically a bubble.
>>
File: JoshCorpuzComp1.png (905KB, 1270x830px) Image search: [Google]
JoshCorpuzComp1.png
905KB, 1270x830px
>>
File: JoshCorpuzComp2.png (674KB, 986x698px) Image search: [Google]
JoshCorpuzComp2.png
674KB, 986x698px
>>2664710
>>
File: KrenzCushartComp.png (785KB, 1230x830px) Image search: [Google]
KrenzCushartComp.png
785KB, 1230x830px
>>2664711
>>
>>2664259
>However the thing that kids refuse to aknowledge is the fact that the industry is basically a bubble.

Can you expand on this? Do you think video game artists are overvalued? The video game industry is going to experience a downturn?
>>
>>2664714
Holy shit, where is that 2002 one from? I thought his DA only went back to '05.
>>
>>2664714
Only one I liked so far. Good composition and design, balanced palette. Solid

What's with most digital artists overrendering everything and making everything shine? It doesn't work
>>
>>2664869
I got it from his facebook-account, had to dig deep tho

some other stuff from this "era"
>>
>>2664942
This isn't too bad.
>>
>>2664714
but even his 2002 wasnt hopeless. already better than 40% of i/c if you ignore the pillow shading.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.