[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just a quick question

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

Hi I'm a painter and i don't know what to describe my art style as. Please help me name the style, because i'm trying to sell art for the first time and need a brief description of my art style for this website I'm making. I dont know where else to ask this question other than here because i dont know how to use reddit or where else i can find people that might be able to help me out, if you can thatd be super amazing!! thankyouu
>>
my paintings are pretty different but i think they are all in the same category
>>
>>2661163
Lyrical Abstraction
>>2661165
Fauvism
>>
idk what they are, but i like them anon
>>
File: img172bre.png (1MB, 713x1053px) Image search: [Google]
img172bre.png
1MB, 713x1053px
>>2661163
Love the colors. I'm definitely getting a vibe from it. I wish I knew where from, though. Francis Bacon? Kandinsky? It's really killing me, but I'm thinking of something more specific.

>>2661185
I don't mean to hijack, but could I get an opinion on this? I love discussing influences and possibly learning where I've picked something up, be it a color scheme, a pose or a composition. Again, I wish I had more experience to bring to the table, but even just by tracing back one influence you can find tons of connections.

Starting a new art history class tomorrow, actually.
>>
>>2661203
Abstract Expressionism I think
>>
>>2661203
sorry for the late reply :) i'ts gotta be francis bacon that i was most inspired by for that painting. other than that it is inspired by what i was feeling at the time. I would honestly love to talk and talk about art and artists but i have an extremely bad memory, i cant remember words and names at all.

and that is really a beautiful peice, it makes my heart beat faster when i look at it :)
>>
again really sorry, i did a diploma of art and everything. but i cant remember one thing
i have the painting style in my head where it reminds me from i just wish i could remember the names :(
>>
>>2661203
the green in the orange brings the colour to life puts alot more energy into it but then also creates depth this is a really energetic piece, may i ask how you did it?
>>
>>2661203
Looks like die brucke's xilographies. Kirchner and the bois
>>
>>2661163
>>2661185
>>2661206

You can't really be a fauvist, that is a movement from 100 years ago (or an abstract expressionist). Even if your paintings *look* like fauvist works, you aren't part of the same time and philosophy. I wouldn't call this work fauvist anyway. You could call it neo-fauve or whatever, but it should reflect that you are working in 2016 with all its implications.

Difficult to do as you request based on two works that are quite different. Do you have more to post? The similarities are that they have a drippy wash background with thicker paint in the foreground for your representational subject. You may need to develop your work over a period of many years before "style" is really revealed. Better to leave it to the historians to talk about in hindsight, imo.

I'd like to see a more careful treatment of color, and more attention to the ground/weave. As is it looks like the texture of a commercially gessoed canvas (flower painting). I want to see more intentionality.

You might try browsing Artsy for works you think are similar and see how the works are stylistically described. Then you can find some trendy-sounding style names.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.