[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Destroy my confidence

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

File: mikethemic.png (136KB, 1050x768px) Image search: [Google]
mikethemic.png
136KB, 1050x768px
I don't feel creative, I'll take long breaks from creating art that can last up to a month. I need motivation to keep making art or to either kms. Help me out anons.
>>
I pm'd you the secret to motivation in art. ;)
>>
>>2657477
Wot? Who the fuck are you?
>>
> I'll take long breaks from creating art that can last up to a month.
You're not an artist m8.
>>
File: wrong.png (112KB, 837x839px) Image search: [Google]
wrong.png
112KB, 837x839px
>>2657491
I just get severely depressed and don't feel like doing anything. I'll even go without eating for a few days. Please keep bashing me, I need motivation for something.
>>
>>2657494
CBT and possibly meds. Go seek a professional
>>
>>2657471
Motivation is a fickle little motherfucker. It goes up and down and constantly fluctuates. Its unreliable and is a shit way of keeping long term goals. Beating yourself up every time you feel uninspired
will accomplish nothing. At best on some days you'll just make yourself feel like shit and maybe do some work. What you need is discipline, rather than motivation.
>>
I went through the exact same thing when I was younger. Years wasted. I'm 21 now and I regret losing those years I could have spent getting better. I probably would have contracts by now.
>>
>>2657471
Need to work on self discipline, OP
>>
File: vilppumeme.png (481KB, 768x560px)
vilppumeme.png
481KB, 768x560px
>>2657494
>motivation
>creativity
>doesn't feel like doing anything
the fuck you mean man, those are all memes.

We're not really "artists", "artists" go to colleges to smoke weed and express their emotions by smearing feces on canvases to criticize capitalism or some stupid shit.
We're draftsmen, we study the craft passed on by the old masters to preserve the tradition of true artistic quality.
You don't need motivation or some other retarded fairy that comes and goes whenever it pleases. Fuck that. You don't need that to practice perspective or line quality, to draw boxes and cylinders or to do master studies.
While others rely on motivation, practice discipline and the world will be yours.

Or fuck off to tumblr, the choice is yours.
>>
>>2657592

Creativity =/= skill

You possibly cannot be this retarded.
>>
>>2657608
I'm not very smart nor skilled, but I'm pretty sure I never said creativity = skill.
>>
>>2657471

Have you tried taking Brain Force?
>>
>>2657626
How much of that will I need to OD?
>>
>>2657630

2 capsules daily
>>
I think the key is to do it anyway. Feel like you have absolutely nothing going on inside? Do it anyway. Feel like your brain is in a fog? Do it anyway. After about an hour of focused practice it will go away and you end up being pretty glad you did it.

It's hard to keep up sure, I still have weeks where I only draw 2-3 days but I feel less shitty about it since it seems like I'm working on a core issue in my personality. The past 3 years I had MONTHS at a time where I didn't draw a thing and regret it bad. That shit adds up, OP. Nip it in the bud now.
>>
>>2657592

post your work
>>
File: space2.png (2MB, 3300x2550px) Image search: [Google]
space2.png
2MB, 3300x2550px
>>2657688
>>
File: Space5 (2).png (2MB, 1120x896px)
Space5 (2).png
2MB, 1120x896px
>>
File: wip4.jpg (108KB, 787x1121px)
wip4.jpg
108KB, 787x1121px
>>2657688
sorry for the bad photo, took it on my phone
>>
>>2657592
yeah, im sure you'll be the next giotto if you continue doing what you do. ic really is the place where future masters meet up
>>
>>2657734
Thanks Mom, I knew you believed in me.
>>
>>2657734
When exactly did you give up on life, friend?
>>
>>2657564
>CBT
How is Cock/Ball Torture going to help?
>>
>>2657702
Is this supposed to be a joke or something?
>>
>>2657993
That wasn't from OP so yes, its a joke.
>>
>>2658095
Oh, okay. I was just checking. I just couldn't tell whether it was a joke or not on account of it not being funny in the slightest.
>>
>>2657487
Wot? Who the fuck are you?
>>
I'm not sure if Matisse ever actually said it, but:

"Don't wait for inspiration, it comes naturally while one is working."
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.