[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Folds thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: Folds.jpg (436KB, 1297x936px) Image search: [Google]
Folds.jpg
436KB, 1297x936px
So I'm studying folds on clothes. I've been reading Josh Reed's folds tutorials to understand how they work.

For now I'm focusing on the drawing part only (rendering will come later). I want to be able to represent correct volumes only with outlines but it looks kinda flat and unstructured, just random lines...

I need critics:
What can I improve?
What are your methods for representing folds?
Share pictures of artists that you like the style (related to the topic) if you have them.
Also if some of you want to try and reproduce the original image with their own style, you're welcome.
>>
>>2656361
Pretty good, but there are some areas where you just threw some lines in without thinking about it. Be more direct and try to draw a 3d shape, don't just make it close enough, unless you're going for a specific style.
Also it's really hard to draw folds with only lines, especially materials like silk which have prominent shadows, highlights and ambient light. Practice with painting to get used to it.
>>
you might want to play with pressure and line weight to communicate the kind of edges you're trying to describe, areas with buttoms overlay everything else, and folds close to it are more tight

also, you did some scratching at some points, if you do, you should follow the actual form instead of doing paralel straight lines (lazier and not troughtful approach)

Yet, all this if you don't want to do it skipping to paint or render values
>>
>>2656361
hey berserk guy, didn't know you are into trans
>>
The clean and crisp lines make me think of Hans Holbein the younger's sketches.

I think drawing folds with only lines is very possible, but requires a solid understanding of perspective, as it is otherwise hard to imagine what happens in the parts of the folds you dont see.

Keep it up.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.