[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Visualization

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: image_07_Siddharta_Saga_Baroko.jpg (70KB, 1000x250px) Image search: [Google]
image_07_Siddharta_Saga_Baroko.jpg
70KB, 1000x250px
How many of you can visualize (see a clear image in your mind's eye)
>>
me
>>
>>2656274

I can only visualize parts of an image, or a very generalized framework. Everything else comes from both thumbnail and trial.
>>
like 7 tops
>>
>>2656274
I can't see shit, maybe i have visualisation myopia
>>
>>2656301

It's actually called aphantasia
>>
>>2656302
Jokes aside, its not that, i can visualize concepts but they are unstable i guess, like i can visualize a character
but when i focus on one detail the others are gone, like if i say ok how is his hair? i can picture his hair but then i loose track of his outfit lets say,
i cant ever picture a complete clear picture of something that is actually useful in drawing, like how i see some artists start drawing a character
straight to lineart without first having to sketch him as a concept to figure things out first.
>>
File: 1468551743236.jpg (210KB, 1452x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1468551743236.jpg
210KB, 1452x2048px
I don't think this is possible at all. Your mind thinks in abstract terms, it doesn't work with pixels.

At most you can create a 3d volume in perspective and understand how it works, then try to create it with the pencil. Like for example I'm trying to visualize a portrait of a girl and I can only think about individual elements like necklace, eyes, mouth, but I can't connect them.
>>
I don't start with an image, I explore my scribbles and colors as I go
It's more fun for me this way
>>
me
>>
>>2656274
I have pretty good visualization, I think because I experimented a lot with lucid dreaming when I was younger. The only problem is I'm too /beg/ to put the vision on to the page.
>>
>>2656328
>I don't think this is possible at all.

It absolutely is. You are doing it constantly. You're imagining tons of things every moment. Your "imagination" is just the ability to access those things mentally. the better your imagination, the clearer and more often you can access them.
>>
>>2656274
I can visualise it well in my head but not enough to get it painted exactly like it.
>>
>>2656328

Well if you think that some peiple expirience vivid visualization and lucid dreaming, then i feel sorry for you.
>>
>>2656274
Everyone can do this, but the image is never truly clear for anyone. Your brain just splices a bunch of old relevant memories together to form a somewhat coherent image.
>>
>>2656398
this is why great old artists always say "constantly observe" try to record memories and save them for later. and sketching is the perfect way to do this, because when you sketch something you are simeltaniously associating actions with the object you are drawing which translate better into longer term memory leading to better drawings later on, the more you access that memory to draw something else the stronger the connection becomes, this is also the reason that sevants exist that can recall the detail of every single day because they learnt from childhood to keep a diary and write in it every day.
>>
>>2656398
>the better your imagination, the clearer and more often you can access them.

the better your visual library, the clearer and more often you can access them.

FTFY.

Imagination has nothing to do. You will never nail every detail only from imagination. You will randomly place details until magically everything looks "right".

That's why you need to use references and build a visual library.
>>
>>2656274
>Implying you need it
>>
All the time. Problem is, when it comes to get on the paper, it doesn't even get close to what I've imagined! Its always different somewhere and looks off too.
>>
>>2658949
Never mind. I've misuderstood Op post.
>>
never bother with it with imaginative, use the page to make notes and experiment. Serves the same purpose as notation in maths, you don't see mathematicians sitting around staring at the wall thinking until the grad idea comes to their head.
>>
>>2658966
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.