[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Schoolism website

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: Untitled.png (813KB, 1962x1448px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
813KB, 1962x1448px
Has anyone used this site? I really like Jason Seiler and want to learn his techniques. Just wondering if it will be money well spent

http://www.schoolism.com/school.php?id=8

There are also more Seiler videos you can buy here;
https://gumroad.com/jasonseiler
>>
yeah i've done a lot of schoolism courses. but remember you only improve if you put in the work
>>
>>2654632
Seeing as you understand that the end result is entirely dependant on the individual i'd love to know what you'd consider to have gained from the lectures/content?

Also, of that information you gained what of it do you consider to be exclusive to Schoolism and not readily available elsewhere to a comparable degree of quality.
>>
>>2654729
It's only 15 bucks now just buy it and see for yourself and stop asking.
>>
>>2654732
My attempt to get you to say its all available elsewhere for free failed. Why the fuck should anyone pay for that content... all the means to learn to draw are available already.
>>
>>2654734

Because schoolism courses are based on critique. You learn 90% through the feedback and not the lecture itself. You don't get that benefit with pirating the videos.
>some autist shows me his folder of critique videos
>some autist tells me if you need that many critique examples for one thing you're not gonna make it blah blah

I swear it's the same thread topics month after month and I'm the only one answering them. Getting tired of this desu. I don't care if you don't want to spend a box of pizza money, it's your education it's your life.
>>
I don't like the idea of subscription (same as with PS CC).
Does it mean I have to do the course and homework when it suits them? I wish it was more like ctrl+paint
>>
>>2654745
Once upon a time you didn't have a sub. It was 600 bones to take the self-pace option. You couldn't complain then. Now it's affordable, what more do you want? Same with photshop you had to pay out the rear for a new version only to repeat a year later.
>>
File: nathan_fowkes.jpg (860KB, 974x1400px) Image search: [Google]
nathan_fowkes.jpg
860KB, 974x1400px
The $15 a month, and the assignments you get, make you feel more accountable and thus you'll likely work more (not to mention the lectures are nice and you have access to other peoples' homework crits). It's only a dollar to change classes (though you have to buy a 5 for $5 pack which is kinda bullshit but that's still cheap) so you can easily jump around. This is ridiculous guys... It's stupid afforable and fucking Nathan Fowkes is on there. Just give it a try, it's monthly so at most you've spent $15. That's 1/4 the price of a new game. That's a moderately expensive meal.

>>2654744
I agree crits can be very helpful. It's important to self-crit but ultimately a pro critiquing your work is what's gonna take you to the next level. IMO the price of classes for crits is a bit high, you might be better off with a mentor so it's more personalized.
>>
Imma subscribe. It surely isn't as good as the critique course but hey.
i'll post my shit up here and on the website and report different critique.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.