[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Art Degrees in Europe

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (310KB, 1299x858px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
310KB, 1299x858px
Is anyone here studying arts related degree in an european university? If so, where, and at what university?
>>
>>2652863
Bumping. Is there an art school in Europe that follows the FZD model (fundamentals, courses, advanced theory..) rather than the contemporary subjective bullshit model?

I have to choose one within a few months and I'd very much like to avoid ruining my life.
>>
File: atlas.jpg (578KB, 1024x1458px) Image search: [Google]
atlas.jpg
578KB, 1024x1458px
>>2653601
There are several such universities in Poland, they require to pass few exams first (drawing human figure, painting still life and then a field of studies exam, so e.g. a storyboard for animation or a design, most of these on a 100x70cm format)
some of them are also equiped with modern technology, such as Dragonframe, mo-cap and such.
You have a lot of drawing there, anatomy, hired models, exploring certain topics (lighting in animation for example), history of arts, developing your own style, working in various mediums/materials, some philosophy and psychophysiology of vision.
I'm not a student there, but in Poznań/Poznan/Posen there is a certain academy of arts, that I'm basing this post on, so based on their students works I'd encourage you to check it - http://bkip.uap.edu.pl/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/D_12-prezentacja.pdf - a lot of it is contemporary (which is not really forced by teachers, you may pursue any idea of art you have and receive help/critiques/knowledge, as far as I know), but you may find something that suits you. And unlike USA, you are not charged for studying.

pic rel is "Atlas" by Bartosz Stępiński, a graduate of graphics from Lodz's academy
>>
>>2653624
Nobody cares, kurwa.
>>
>>2653624
>pic rel is "Atlas" by Bartosz Stępiński, a graduate of graphics from Lodz's academy

Looks gross. OP don't study there.
>>
>>2653601
Why not just go to FZD? Should be the same price.
>>
>>2653652
>>2653769
What's intelligence in your mind
>>
File: 640px-Gethsemane_Carl_Bloch.jpg (94KB, 640x767px) Image search: [Google]
640px-Gethsemane_Carl_Bloch.jpg
94KB, 640x767px
American who is thinking about studying fine arts in Germany. I have a couple years high school german but I am studying up on it. I am 26 I don't know if that will be an issue.
>>
File: eaJGJa_i-ZA.jpg (70KB, 615x633px) Image search: [Google]
eaJGJa_i-ZA.jpg
70KB, 615x633px
Bumping...

Canadian here, I dont care about credits, but want to study classical drawing and painting at an Atelier where the cost of living is cheap.

I know italy has some of the best ateliers, but I'm wondering if anyone knows of academy's in cheaper countries... ex. Portugal, Romania, Czech, russia, etc...

LA has some schools, but living there for several months will cost a fortune.

I am limited to English instruction
Also, i dont think i can take on a multi year program, but something where i can study for a few months and develop whatever i can.

if anyone has any suggestions, i would be grateful!!
>>
>>2653777

I've hear a lot of bad rumors about FZD
>>
>>2659729
>Also, i dont think i can take on a multi year program, but something where i can study for a few months and develop whatever i can.
If this is the case then an atelier won't be suitable for you. Every program I can think of requires multiple years of study, typically beginning with drawing and later progressing to painting. The curriculums take years to complete because this type of drawing is difficult to become skilled at and it takes a long time to learn thoroughly, plus you can't really skip steps so need to build it up in a slow progression.

If you are Canadian you may even have something more local you can take, though it won't be as good as something foreign. There is the Academy of Realist Art in Toronto for example, though personally I am not particularly impressed by them as a school.
>>
>>2659738
thanks for the reply
yes, i am aware of the long term commitments that ateliers usually require. But even schools like the Repin academy have a summer program which is 1 month of intense studies, however i've already missed this years program... i am hoping to study somewhere through winter or spring. and yea, studying in toronto would probably cost as much as studying in europe. European schools>Canadian schools
>>
>>2659751
I know that some schools offer those summer programs but I am very sceptical of how much you can genuinely learn in that time frame and get out of it. Better to practice self teaching until you can afford to do several years of school at once imo.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.