[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SRS for Drawing

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

File: anki1.png (31KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
anki1.png
31KB, 300x300px
Hello, /ic/.
I've been learning Wapanese with the aid of Anki, which is basically a flashcard manager that knows when you should review stuff (Spaced Repetition Software).

I don't want to discuss the efficacy and shortcomings of the system, but rather its selling point: it actually makes me study, instead of procrastinating.

So I was wondering - can Anki be a useful tool for learning how to draw?
Has any of you ever attempted to use it in this manner?

I have checked the archive and found some sparse mentions of it, but not in detail.
I intend creating a deck I can rely on to keep me away from inertia, but am not totally sure of the details yet. Any input is welcome.
>>
>>2651597
Read the sticky-icky.

Anki can't help you at all. Not a single bit. Maybe at best, 00.01%, but that's it. The rest is all with physical homework.
>>
>>2651597

I used memrise to memorize muscle insertions as well as Jap. I really need to get back into learning the language but lazy dreads over me.
>>
File: pointing towards viewer.jpg (49KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
pointing towards viewer.jpg
49KB, 600x800px
>>2651600
The cards wouldn't be quizzes, of course, but rather "homeworks" as you put it - draw an ear. Draw a large circle and go around it 10 times.

It could simply show a picture and the task would be to draw it, building a mental library through repetition.

Having a dozen hand positions, face positions, each one in a different card would already give me a solid set of tools to draw from memory when needed.

Pic related's hand, for instance, is pretty useful to have memorized.

Of course it doesn't substitute actual reading/understanding of rules, but it looks like a good way to keep the concepts fresh and indicate when it's time to reread that Loomis chapter about butts.
>>
>>2651614
Read the fucking sticky, you're basically describing sketchdaily, quickposes, etc.
>>
>>2651635
Now you're just repeating yourself.

Might as well tell me to draw instead of reading the sticky, because it basically describes drawing.

Building my own sets seems way more approachable.
>>
>>2651650
Look at the posters count, you stupid shit.
You asked your question and you got your answer, now fuck off.
>>
>>2651608
Can you post your deck file?

>>2651597
I've been using it for 6 years for French and Japanese, it is a fucking amazing tool, I had this idea to make a deck with body landmarks accompanied by the related images, I guess it would work but I never got around it because time constraints
>>
Just fill the flashcards with all the careers you plan on doing while wasting time looking at them instead of drawing.

only way itll help you mate
>>
>its another "i want to learn how to draw but i dont want to draw" episode
Thanks doc
>>
>>2651597
I've been considering using Anki to help me practice drawing as well, but haven't started yet. I did start some informal spaced-repetition (without scheduling on Anki), and I thought the result was promising, so I might attempt it for real soon. I would like to keep contact and share experiences if you're interested.
>>
>>2653767
Currently I'm doing some daily reps on basic stuff, but I'll soon start some book chapters and SRSing the content in form of exercises so I can review it without having to repeat it forever seems like a way at it.

Can you elaborate on how your deck/exercises were?
>>
>>2651614
What a qt
>>
>>2654713
I started by drawing the leftmost body from this pic several times the first day alternating between copying and drawing from head, then the next day and so on with progressively longer intervals, but without keeping track of the intervals perfectly. After the first day I always try to draw from head first before referencing the original. Currently I can draw all three of them with enough ease that it's almost a warm-up exercise now.

If you like IRC, ping me (acchan) on Freenode.
>>
>>2655703
>all three of them

By that I mean all three that aren't looking to the left.
>>
File: 1471762591614.jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1471762591614.jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
I just took 110 pictures of my hands in useful positions.
I'll draw them all at least once and then include them in an Anki deck.
>>
File: comparison.png (279KB, 557x793px) Image search: [Google]
comparison.png
279KB, 557x793px
>>2655703
I drew the left one again from head today.
>>
File: comparison2.png (280KB, 557x793px) Image search: [Google]
comparison2.png
280KB, 557x793px
>>2659318
And here's it with a few fixes after referencing the original.
>>
>>2651676
>Can you post your deck file?
memrise?
http://www.memrise.com/user/Bad.Gateway/courses/learning/

anatomy one should be in there
>>
>>2659329
Nice avatar dude. Got source?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.