[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to learn how to do animation, both for video games and

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: pencil-05.png (27KB, 900x899px) Image search: [Google]
pencil-05.png
27KB, 900x899px
I want to learn how to do animation, both for video games and anime, however I also want to know how to draw both anime style and the more realistic style seen in western games. I've read the sticky however I'm not really sure of the proper way to start.

I'd basically like any recommendations or routines I should start with in order to hone my skills. I'd greatly appreciate any helpful advice, thank you very much.
>>
>>2650071

If you want to get into animation (especially anime style) you'll need to master a few things. First of all you'll need to brush up on your figure drawing

http://store.steampowered.com/news/23669/

above source is the definitive go-to source for figure drawing (/ic/ recommends). I also recommend bammes anatomy to go along with that.

Also download the manga pose tool here: http://www.alienthink.com/myvendor/mdownload/mangatool.php#posetool and practice everyday from it.

As for animation basics I would watch some of Jazzas videos on youtube :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70LmvtvJ7fA

that should keep you busy for a few months
>>
>>2650071

>I'm not really sure of the proper way to start.

At the beginning. Get KtD and drawabox then come back in a month.
>>
File: 1432016013609-1.jpg (80KB, 664x872px) Image search: [Google]
1432016013609-1.jpg
80KB, 664x872px
>>2650075
Fuck off riven your course is shite
>>
>>2650075

Riven shill pls go

stop drawing fucking aliens
>>
OP let me put this into perspective for you. You're letting your few months of practice be determined by what a few anons on 4chan say who have no way of proving what their skill level is.

Join a serious online art community and ask your question there. Get feedback from people in the industry who can set you on a good path to becoming skilled.
>>
>>2650089
>Join a serious online art community
Doesn't fucking exist.

Forums will say the same thing except fluffing their advice with "practice ebureyday ((((-:".
>>
>>2650071

I learned alot about animation from doing pixel art sprite animations. I did my first ones by studying walk cycle sprites and by copying them frame by frame and keeping in mind the different phases (up, down, passing etc.) For me pixel art was less overwhelming because of the inherent restrictions. I'm not saying it's the best way or anything but it helped me a lot.
>>
File: 31_3rdstrikeanimation05.gif (38KB, 400x343px) Image search: [Google]
31_3rdstrikeanimation05.gif
38KB, 400x343px
>>2650096
>>
>>2650075
Don't listen to the shill
>>
>>2650078
You mean a year.
>>
>>2650075
weeeeeeeeew
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.