[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any potential with steam doing courses now?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8

File: sssssss.png (264KB, 679x705px) Image search: [Google]
sssssss.png
264KB, 679x705px
Just seen on steams FB page, apparently they have a wide range of tutorials now for shmeckles. Any potential in this?

http://store.steampowered.com/news/23669/
>>
>>2648791
>looks like by that guy riven phoenix
>opens link and it's him

it's bad, skip it.
>>
>>2648793
What are you talking about? Riven Pheonix is a great teacher and /ic/ recommends him highly.
>>
>>2648791
>>2648794
Hi Riven.
>>
>>2648794
Literally who?
>>
File: gntp2.jpg (217KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
gntp2.jpg
217KB, 1600x900px
>>2648806
I'm not him but I wish I had his skill. He explains so much better than Vilppu on skeletal structure and anatomy. Honestly Riven Pheonix should be talked about more here to help beginners struggling on the human figure.

Here is my attempts and I'm only 40% in the course. Very valuable information for an affordable price* or you know, you can pirate it but I think you should support the guy.
>>
>>2648815
lol
>>
is this that "The Structure of Man" thing?
>>
>>2648815
>that pic
But that's wrong.
>>
>>2648826
>b-but that's wrong
>doesn't say what is

Anyway >>2648818
yeah go check it out, really good shit.
>>
>>2648818
yes
>>
>>2648815
>so much better than Vilppu
You're fucking out of your mind. goooooooo fuck yourself.

one GLANCE at the right head in op's pic and anyone can see this guy cannot draw academically.
>>
>shilling this hard
>on /ic/ of all places

k e k
>>
File: are we joking.jpg (56KB, 771x599px)
are we joking.jpg
56KB, 771x599px
He's like a modern day Garabaggio.

As in, HES GARBAGE
>>
>>2648843
I'm not sure if you're the shill and using reverse psychology. Like, fucking sage.
>>
>>2648829
There is literally only one thing that picture deals with, anon.
>>
>>2648850

What shill my dude? Not even him but he is a really good at explaining stuff. You shouldn't knock something without trying it especially when you and almost everyone else who posted ITT can't draw better than him.
>>
>>2648829
>that's not even what the ribcage looks like
>the proportions are wrong in 70% of the image
>>
Guys there's also Art Prof project by Clara Lieu. Free art education for all!

It got successful funding on kickstarter
>>
>>2648858

Oh really? I'd like a redline from you so I can see.
>>
>>2648861
I'm sure you would
>>
>>2648863
yes I would
>>
>>2648791
I bet this guy wouldn't even fight me in a gesture battle
>>
>>2648860
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG19ZyhUNbkPzU105yq8Rgw/featured this?
>>
>>2648861
>he can't see what's wrong
>>
>>2648815
>shilling this hard

Go away, riven.
>>
>>2648874
>still no redline

So you're just pulling my leg. OOOh I get it, you're jealous of my progress I'm making and want to discourage me from learning under Riven Pheonix.
>>
>>2648881
Yes, that's right. We're just trying to keep all the amazing art gains for ourselves. After all, the man is such an amazing instructor that everyone who studies from him becomes amazing, and we're scared of oversaturating the market with so much raw skill.
>>
>>2648815
the fuck, has this guy never seen a skull before in his life? This look like some beginner studies.
>>
>>2648883

Yeah, he was even featured and recommend by Disney and Lucasfilms.
>>
>>2648883
don't fall for such obvious bait, anon. He's just very bored and instead of spending his free time studying he's seeking entertainment by dangling low hanging fruit on /ic/
>>
>>2648886
that's because those are my studies, Riven is much much better than me
>>
>>2648889
>much better than me

That really isn't saying much.
>>
>>2648791
http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php/276192-Riven-Phoenix-tutorials

There are more thoughts on this guy presented here as well.
>>
>>2648896

It's always those same avatars commenting on that site dating back since forever. Truly the epitome of a circlejerk.
>>
I torrented structure of man ages ago, some of the dullest shit I have ever sat through. He just spends for ever autistically going through these super exact proportions that he thinks the human body fit's into. It's totally impractical to use in actual figure drawing, if you tried your figures would be stiff as a board.
>>
File: AnatomyRedline.jpg (490KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
AnatomyRedline.jpg
490KB, 1600x900px
My tablet's fucked so it's a janky redline, but basically the main issues are the rib cage is not really correct in its volume and shape especially in the side view, almost as though the cartilage has been ignored, and the ribs are drawn incorrectly in their angle, but that's not a big deal really since the main form of them together is more important. The pelvis is way too simplified and not in a good way so it really is pretty inaccurate actually. Look at Peck or Bammes for a better representation of it. Otherwise there are lots of small errors that I see but I don't know if they're a result of your lack of drawing skills or if it is in the source material (I suspect it is both). The bones of the hand look okay as far as a simplification go. The hand itself is poorly drawn but that's more a lack of your ability than anything else probably.

Honestly I recommend a different source to learn from because Riven Phoenix cannot draw at all and you are learning from flawed material.
>>
here's some of his work
>>
>>2648903
>not pointing out the scapula
literally the second most eye catching thing after that mangled rib cage profile
>>
>>
File: 425235.gif (254KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
425235.gif
254KB, 500x281px
>>2648903
How could you fuck up the girdle region? You want to be all on a high horse with your redlines and you're not even confident to redline the hand. Anyone can crack open a bammes and ref the skeleton. Also your skull is just as wrong.
>>
>>2648815
>better than vilppu
LMAO
>>
>>2648896
people on concept art can be such faggot's, the thread turned into a big argument about whether or not you should take advice from a teacher who is shit at drawing. They have an unhealthy lack of elitism.
>>
>>2648924
Yeah the scapula's messed up a bit. I don't think it's that important though, you can get away with a super simplified triangle with a spine and it will be fine for most cases.

>>2648931
Well OP wanted a redline so I did a quick one with a shitty setup. You are free to do one yourself. The hand looks fine for a simplified version. I don't think the bones of the hand are that important to get perfect when it come to drawing it.
>>
>>2648938
>the thread turned into a big argument about whether or not you should take advice from a teacher who is shit at drawing.
Literally /ic/.
>>
>>2648944
the thing that annoyed me though is how the have to pussyfoot about everything, no one can just say "he's shit, don't take lessons from people who are shit, that's stupid", everyone has to try and be a nice guy and a diplomat.
>>
Who can teach you physics more properly? A physics professor or a NASA engineer?

Not being masterful at painting doesn't mean your advice/critique will be shit. The same way being an amazing painter doesn't mean you can teach people anything or that you have good taste.
>>
>>2648959
>Who can teach you physics more properly? A physics professor or a NASA engineer?
False analogy.
First of all, the guy is "a professional artist" according to his biography, and all the best professors at universities worth going to either are, or were at some point, the equivalent of a nasa engineer in their respective fields.

Second, a physics professor still needs to understand physics. If you can point out mistakes in his understanding of physics, then the engineer WILL teach you better, because you know he actually understands physics.
>>
>>2648959
There are no good teachers who are shit artists. There are good teachers who are ok artists and good teachers who are great artists, a teacher can't teach you anything he himself doesn't know. but your on the internet, you have access to huge range of possible teachers, why would you go with one that is a shit artist, why would you choose anything but the best?
>>
>>2648965

If the person teaching you is clearly better than you they know something you don't and therefore is enough to learn from them.
>>
>>2648973
Except if you are a true beginner you lack the ability to distinguish between teachers. So someone may seem better, but they are actually teaching flawed information to you without you (or them) being aware of it. Just learn from a proper source.
>>
>>2648973
if they are better than you but still shit you don't know what bad habits and unsound ideas you are going to pick up on them.
>>
>>2648981
>>2648978

You guys are just jealous of Riven Pheonix.
>>
File: 1353550934999.jpg (15KB, 337x322px) Image search: [Google]
1353550934999.jpg
15KB, 337x322px
>>2648987
>>
>>2648922
is that man made of metal
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.