[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Work in Progress

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 13

File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px)
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
What do you think so far?
>>
nice colours
i like it
i like it a
lto
>>
thanks mang, i will hopefully have it finished tomorrow. potentially less drunk.
>>
>>2648021
at least fuckin say it correctly

It's nice. The colors are epic. I gotta say man, I like it, I like it a lot.
>>
>>2648019
It's nice. The colors are epic. I gotta say man, I like it, I like it a lot.
>>
the concept is stupid, I've seen the same picture in the notebooks of thousands of other angsty teenagers. as for the coloring, its unfinished and it looks like basic pencil coloring
>>
work in progress dumbass, otherwise fair enough.
>>
There is a thread for drawings. Please post there next time instead of making a new thread. Its rude.

As for a critique: on the spectrum of every drawing i have ever seen, yours is not great. It is not completely horrible either. The abstraction and rearrangement of facial features, while a tired trope, shows creativity. It cannot cover your glaring lack of anatomical knowledge, though. I would recommend using a reference for your next one.
>>
Ok I can work with that, honestly, I never was too concerned with accuracy, more like the suggestion of a thing, hopefully it comes accross in the finished product. Also completely plastered at the moment so I will hopefully check threads in the future.
>>
my eye likes to move through the whole picture, id say thats good
>>
So I'm in the marines and don't work computers well, so I almost eclusively do tattoos for my cavemen, but I figure it's time to get some of my cronenberg angst out. I will post more crap soon hopefully.
>>
>>2648019
Blog?
>>
Should but I've never really interneted since 2006 but I could realatively soon.
>>
Reminds me a bit of the final boss in Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow. Keep going, anon!
>>
Fuck yeah man, that was my jam
>>
File: 1471159269491.jpg (14KB, 123x124px) Image search: [Google]
1471159269491.jpg
14KB, 123x124px
this is the most surreal thread
>>
File: image.jpg (166KB, 586x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
166KB, 586x960px
Ok this is now my dump thread, already made the thing so...
>>
>>2648038
this
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3912x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3912x3024px
>>
File: image.jpg (91KB, 629x458px)
image.jpg
91KB, 629x458px
>>
File: image.jpg (193KB, 550x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
193KB, 550x960px
>>
>>2649072
jesus christ,
use references for fucks sake.
You tattoo this kind of shit on people?
>>
File: image.jpg (173KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
173KB, 540x960px
>>
File: image.jpg (177KB, 1089x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
177KB, 1089x1936px
No stuff like this
>>
>>2648019
I think that you have potential and like to draw, however I think that you aren't really capable of understanding how to draw three dimensional objects on two dimensional space, so in order to make an interesting drawing you just drw what you knew how to draw from muscle memory and connected it with some lines you'd say were muscle tissue.
Wanna know how I know?
I did the same shit until I learned how to draw.
>>
File: moonman.jpg (42KB, 403x581px) Image search: [Google]
moonman.jpg
42KB, 403x581px
>>
File: image.jpg (169KB, 960x700px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
169KB, 960x700px
Yeah pretty much, I do need to get better, why I ask for opinions, but I have a real patience problem. So I keep switching media, so most of those are like crayon and shit, so the recommendations help.
>>
>>2649084
>moonman
Lost
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Last one, again I need a damn better camera
>>
>>2649137
This is like one of those sketchbooks that makes me say, keep going. I want to see where you're at in 3 years. I like your flow of lines/anatomy blending. You have good understanding of color (when you use color. You get too carried away with black sometimes, and it overpowers the rest of your composition.) You definitely made it clear that you create with emotion, most of us have gone through that phase so no one has a right to tell you that you can't be there either. But when you get past emotion and evolve that into passion, your work will start getting to a better place too. Work through the dark and find the light and embrace it. That will probably sound like meta bullshit right now but its real and you'll know when you get there. For now, dont look up trying to find it. You're going the right direction, don't worry. Keep digging away and put it to paper.

One thing from a more technical side, i cant tell how big most of this work is but try to fill one page per composition if you normally work smaller (if that's difficult for you, good. Keep going that direction)

Unless you're looking for inspiration, keep off the chan. Put on some headphones and throw down some work instead. You've developed a unique style, now you just need to put in the hours. Work on size and doing more reference at least once a week. Yeah, you'll have to slow yourself down for that. Its frustrating at first but learn to mix the pace. Everyone is fast at what they do well. Dont expect that pace when you're doing something different.

Like i said, stay off the chan and let's see where you are in 3 years.
>>
File: image.jpg (234KB, 663x960px)
image.jpg
234KB, 663x960px
A portion of what i'm working on
>>
>>2649173
thanks man, really appreciate the input will do. see everyone in a few years.
>>
>>2649178
also cool as fuck man, love it.
>>
>>2649258
Thanks bro, i'm almost done with it
>>
What the fuck? Since when did shit like this become acceptable? Two years ago you would have been torn to shreds by the first reply and then a mod would have deleted his travesty.

Seriously, what actually happened? The whole vibe of this board has changed. Does Teal still post?
>>
>>2649643
don't think so, you got fireres noesbro and chunbum mostly, sometimes some other come and go, but shit sucks here most of the time!
>>
>>2649643
But that would be cyberbullying.
>>
>>2649647
I'm so disappointed. I seriously thought the OP pic was some new meme I had missed out on at first.

>Ctrl+F
>No Loomis

Make /ic/ gud again
>>
File: 1453136244674.jpg (36KB, 400x460px)
1453136244674.jpg
36KB, 400x460px
>>2649084
>>2649093
>>
>>2648019
>>2649137
>>2649178
These are really cool man. You should check out Cam de Leon's art. i think you might really like it.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.