[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The process of making comics, graphic novel etc.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: ideas[1].jpg (93KB, 560x438px) Image search: [Google]
ideas[1].jpg
93KB, 560x438px
I'm looking to make a comic of some sort. The "some sort" is where I'm confused. Since I'm new to comic making, what is the best way to branch it out to the world? It's not going to be an ongoing one, it will have an endpoint. I don't know whether I should make the whole thing and release it as a graphic novel or release it in chapters like a comic. I don't really like the idea of a web-comic because I would have deadlines and I like the idea of having the actual tangible comic in your hand, but again I don't know too much about how a comic book actually gets published and distributed. Is it too much hassle for one single person?
>>
nothing wrong with web comic, you can set your own deadlines
>>
>>2647155
If you have a good idea/story/style, go ahead, but if you want it published at some point (like team up with a publisher), they'll almost always reject you when you tell them it's already published online for free.
>>
>>2647155
If you have never done a comic before, you probably shouldn't bother worrying about the distribution method just yet. I guarantee you, the first comic you make will be utter shit. So rather get that out of the way by doing a bunch of short stories and get used to sequential story telling before diving into something you plan on having published.
>>
>>2647230
Are there any sites or guides on sequential art? I tried looking for panel shape and placement help, but all I found was mostly stuff regarding speech bubble placement and line consistency.
>>
>Understanding Comics: The Invisible Art
>>
>I don't know too much about how a comic book actually gets published and distributed. Is it too much hassle for one single person?
No, but physical self-publishing isn't easy or cheap. Putting a comic on the web for free is just easier than wrapping your head around the logistics of things like printing, selling, shipping, and ADVERTISING one book in a sea of millions.

>I don't really like the idea of a web-comic because I would have deadlines
You'd have them anyway if you ever hope to build interest.
>>
>>2647181
It seems like many of the more popular webcomics at some point take donations through a service like Kickstarter to have physical copies produced. Of course, there's the challenge of getting your comic popular enough to have enough fans to fund it and good enough for people to want to own it. A webcomic is probably better if it's your first time, since it's less of an investment than trying to create an actual book is. You can learn about the process and if at some point you feel confident enough in your storytelling abilities to create something worthy of being an exclusively printed book, you can start a new project.
>>
File: tumblr_o1r7e3yn7n1qcsc7lo1_1280.png (592KB, 647x1200px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o1r7e3yn7n1qcsc7lo1_1280.png
592KB, 647x1200px
This is a question related to making comics.I have grasp the fundies pretty good , they are not perfect but let's say they are above average. I have some problems with paneling and the story flow. Some people suggested to copy and study other comics as practice for a while so i can understand the process of creation and get a hand of it. I've seens alot of mangaka assistents are doing this and most of them started out like this. I have some books related to graphic novel/comic creation. So should i :

>first : study the books
>second: start studying comics and copying
>third: start sketching and creating your story

Ofcourse , meanwhile i will make some short stories and work on the fundamentals Sorry for my grammar mistakes.

>pic not related , just dumping some art along with my question
>>
>>2647608
kek
>>
>>2647269
Framed Ink helped me out.
If you have no real experience making comics, what I did to practice was to take a game I liked that was really story focused, then to take scenes or the beginning and translate it into a comic, and keep it word for word.
That way you can put all your focus into translating scenes into panels, and not have to juggle a bunch of other stuff at the same time.
The only thing is I don't know if you can post work like that online. I didn't because I'm a paranoid bitch.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.