[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking for a good hardbound/softbound sketchbook that opens

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: stillman-epsilon-sketchbook-03.jpg (34KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
stillman-epsilon-sketchbook-03.jpg
34KB, 500x333px
Looking for a good hardbound/softbound sketchbook that opens flat. What are your favourites?
>>
>>2646520
Moleskine
>>
File: Toned Hardbound Books (1).jpg (2MB, 2736x1824px) Image search: [Google]
Toned Hardbound Books (1).jpg
2MB, 2736x1824px
>>
Just buy any cheap hardcover one and bend the shit out of it.
>>
>>2646520
>that opens flat
Literally any sketchbook with rings for binding
>>
>>2647821
>hardbound/softbound sketchbook
nice.
>>
leuchtturm1917
Cheaper than gayskin, numbered pages, 2 bookmarks.
>>
File: xena disagrees.gif (1MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
xena disagrees.gif
1MB, 300x225px
>>2646520
Don't be a snowflake. Get a moleskin.
>>
>>2647961
Moleskins are fucking pricey man (at least where i live), i bought a fake moleskine for half the price and with the same paper quality and everything. They're just overpriced memes imo
>>
>>2647961
But moleskines are the sketchbooks of snowflakes. They're more expensive than a decent sketchbook and have shitty paper. Their watercolor books are the only decent thing they sell.
>>
DIY bound master race here. I use 300g watercolor paper and coptic stitch. Markers and other shit don't go thru multiple pages and watercolors look extra nice. Coptic stitch and open back for superior flatness.
>>
>>2650775
isnt it a lot of work to bind your own? how did you learn how? how much does it work out to you saving by doing it that way?
>>
>>2650775
Any tutorials?
>>
>>2648024
N-no! That-famous-writer-who-blew-his-brains-out-with-a-shotgun-who's-name-I-am-blanking-on-and-am-too-lazy-to-google had one! So they're cool!

but seriously they're nice books I think the paper's fine though I just draw in light pencil and mostly pen and I buy the ones with thinner pages. They're sturdy and feel nice to use and they come with stickers!

>>2647996
Really? I buy the regular sized ones for about 25 bucks canadian, which is fine for the amount of work I put into each one. 200 something pages and whatnot. Usually takes about a half a year to get through.
>>
Just use ring bindings. They dont fuck you up with shitty bending pages like other sketchbooks do, and it's actually possible to draw in the middle.
>>
>>2650821
>>2650800

youtube?
>>
>>2646542
>paying 10x the usual price to getting a nice rubber band on a sketchbook
>>
>>2647940
>god help me I'm mentally retarded
Sorry you want an inferior product to look cool instead of something functional
>>
>>2646520
>>2646542
>>2647961

Moleskine Art Plus. Ten and under on Amazon. Strathmores have awful binding.
>>
>>2654365

what is the paper used in moleskin sketchbooks anyway
>>
Moleskine is overpriced garbage.
I've never had a Strathmore bound book fail.
>>
I've really liked the Handbook selection recently. Okay watercolor paper, but I don't get any bleed on my ink pieces. Cloth-covered hard cover.
>>
>>2652253
Yeah but like which ones?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.