[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Procastination.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: Hanged_women.png (168KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Hanged_women.png
168KB, 800x600px
I feel like quitting art /ic/.

Been trying to get good for about a year and was wondering why I'm not getting good. I read some advice from Feng Zhu school student to time how much you are wasting.

Start to time. I thought I was doing 5 hours a day of art, when I started to time I was wasting 4 hours doing nothing.

I was thinking maybe I should just do something else.How do you even concentrate.
>>
>>2645666

I want to legitimately help you but not unless you post work, no memes no bullshit.
>>
>>2645666
aye man, feel the same
i really dont enjoy studying and im asking myself if its worth investing more into it

it just feels like a chore
>>
>>2645666
Post your work. In fact, post some of the stuff you did a year ago, and something you did recently. Just for funsies.
>>
>>2645666
Post your work.
>>
>>2645677
>that name
quality memes
>>
>>2645666
>most relateable post on /ic/
>>
>>2645666
>on one day i wanna get gud really bad and i work hard
>on the next day im getting extremely desperate and anxious and want to give up suddenly, reminding myself of that one borderline person i know and met at a clinic that can barely keep a job or relationship because of emotional instability

time to grill myself :^)
>>
Read a book called "the now habit", I found it very useful for getting motivation
>>
>>2645708
>Working out only when I feel 'Motivated to get a better life'
>why do I still fat :(

You all faggots need to do three things.

1. Stick to a schedule.

Draw 50 minutes after breakfast. If you can't draw because fuck mom, get a notebook you can fit inside your pocket and draw there. Yes. The goal for you is to actually make it an habit. It will feel like a chore at first, but it will be easier to do.

2. Make shit easier to start so you can't say no.

Draw 100 hands reffing anatomy books? Why not just one finger? You need momentum to start doin shit. Once you start doing it, you'll keep doing it.

3. Find something that, when you do it, you feel motivated to put your life in place. Then do it.

Let's say: When you work out or Listen to podcasts or Watch based Crab Mullins art or fucking meditate, you want to work harder, study more, stop fapping, meet qt3.14 gf...

That's what should do everyday in the morning.

I think you already have lots of confidence when you draw certain shit. I.E: You love drawing airplanes. You have always drawn airplanes. When you draw airplanes, you feel gud. You feel there's nothing you can't do when you draw airplanes.

Also remember: We're artisans, not artists. Not everything you draw needs to be an art piece. Making mistakes is allowed. Don't get discouraged.
>>
>>2645728
Damn, it meant to quote the OP.
>>
>>2645728

>posting a lengthy response to faggot OP who still refuses to post work

you've just won the procrastinators award of august 2016
>>
>>2645738
Mobile phone pls.

Do you think I'm in front of a computer being a loser?
>>
>>2645666
Work
Faggot
>>
>>2645666
Post your work satan.
>>
File: progress2.jpg (122KB, 727x728px) Image search: [Google]
progress2.jpg
122KB, 727x728px
>>2645974
>>2645969
>>2645675
>>2645669

here is a collection of sketches I did from just beginning to almost 1 year of not putting as much work as I should into it. These were just a page of one-minute sketches from quickpose. I can render better but this was the closest I have to a direct comparison in terms of activity.
>>
File: image.jpg (25KB, 680x489px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 680x489px
>>2645992
>>
>>2645997

The fuck are you trying to say senpai? I go out of my way to post my work and you reply with shitty meaningless memes. God damn this board is fucked that you do what you say to do and I sincerely put myself out there and this is the feedback I get. I know I'm not good but I'm working and trying. Tbh my problem isn't drawing it's you faggots that don't even put any thought into your shit posting.
>>
>>2646001
hahahahahahahaha
>>
>>2646033

literally go suck a cock faggot. I'm going to quit art if this is all the feedback I get and you all will feel terrible about how mean you were. What do you get off to being mean? You know what that means? You are a no-life basement-dwelling cunt who tears down other people to feel better about your own worthless life. Let me guess you go sit on a bench drawing and hope some little artsy girl is going to come up to you and let you put your penis inside of her so you don't die a virgin? Let me spoil the end for you: You are going to die alone.
>>
File: (58KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
58KB, 256x256px
>>2646044
oh god I'm crying
>>
>>2646046

delete your account
>>
>>2646001
>>2645728

Step four.

Get out of /ic/. People is jelly af and will meme you to death ehen you make any progress.

>>2645997
>>2646033
>>2646046

>itt Crabs in a bucket.
>>
>>2646044
>>2646001
lmao'd funny guy you are mate
>>
>>2646059

/ic/ will help you progress if you don't spend too much time on it and use it with a laser focus. Ignore the jelly crabs and grab ref listen to good responses to questions and check out people's sketchbooks, and chill out laffing to memes.
>>
>>2645992
There is considerable progress. Your lines are much better and more fluid, you've begun to understand construction of the head and to rotate it in space. Though I see it's just heads and no full bodies.

I say keep at it. A year is really not that big a stretch of time to git crazy gud from where you started, so just keep at it, but try to be more disciplined and study consciously.

Just stay in the zone, find ways to get motivated. I'm rooting for you, anon.
>>
You made this thread for advice.

"You may already have way too much information on your hands and should get started just doing the task at hand". Which I found recently is complete bullshit.

We think we know a lot about practice, how the craft works and all that shit because we read tons of advice on /ic/. Most people on here have already read about 100+ hours of advice and get the feeling it may not be the information anymore that is lacking.

Turns out it's the opposite. We don't get enough advice. Things repeat pretty quickly in this place so we mostly just cycle trough the same information just hardening the advice we already agree with. It's really shallow information to be honest. So in the end we have tons of advice in our head but feel still lost.

We feel lost because we don't know shit.
Try this: overload your brain with information, put in hours just sucking in information in a focused matter, not with just browsing 4chan. Inhale everything that might be helpful, take notes of important parts.

You don't get good fast by just putting in the hours, you get good fast by practicing in an exceptional manner. Every single master that ever lived didn't learn optimally. If you focus too much on the subject you will get a narrow view of things if you are too unfocused you will never improve and just fool around. There is the sweet spot of learning about your craft and learning about more than just your craft.

Bored of the conventional practice you forced yourself to do? Think about the million other ways, some of which are certainly superior to learn. When you feel stuck take a step back or force yourself to take another step, everything is possible. There is no linear way, that's why you're stuck to begin with.
>>
>>2646507

thanks senpai, yea I do practice other things but I just chose those because they were the same exercise. I just started figure drawing a few months ago and I'm not good yet but just keep plugging away. Also I'm not the op but I'd thought I'd share because we've been drawing the same amount of time, though I'm not frustrated I feel like I've gotten a decent amount of progress out of it for what I've put into it.
>>
>>2646044
I mean, if you want to quit, you should just quit instead of whining about what was coming. If you want to continue but feel burnt out, take a break and do something relaxing. If you really want to continue drawing and improving, you should realize you need to put in a lot of energy and work and be prepared to get frustrated to to no end.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.