[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Debunk popular /ic/ statements

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

ITT: We debunk popular /ic/ sayings

>normies are easily impressed by art
>even a shit artist can wow normies

Tell that to this poor fucker.

https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/4ju02z/i_dropped_out_of_university_to_pursue_my_passion/
>>
>>2645390
normies are easily impressed by *cute art

That pic is just some ugly old white male in a tuxedo. It doesn't do anything for the normie brain after a long day at the office.
>>
>>2645403
Yeah, I'm thinkin it might be the concept. Obviously he's no where near being a pro but he isn't complete shit either. I also think the normies got mad at him because he dropped out of college to pursue art, which most people look down on.
>>
>>2645403
>>2645514
Also that's an internet video game forum, hardly "normie" territory.
>>
>>2645523
by the amount of people shilling art school on there i kinda disagree
>>
>>2645526
But that forum has nothing to do with art, you don't have to be a normie to be jew'd
>>
File: 1463418447267.jpg (87KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1463418447267.jpg
87KB, 306x306px
I fucking hate art discussions on normie forums so much

Whenever any art subject is brought up (especially when OP - gods forbid - gives even the slightest hint that he's starting out in art field as a career) everyone and their mother is suddenly art connoisseur, ex-painter, studied illustration @ whatever the fuck university for a week and therefore an expert on the subject.

In fact /ic/ isnt much better, 99% of you motherfuckers in here never had a single commission in your life (because how could you with your airbrushy horrible deviantart shitpictures) and all your "knowledge" is from watching Feng on youtube.
>>
>>2645390
If he spent a couple years building up a webcomic with a decent story, he might be fine. That level is perfectly fine as a start. Of course, that would require a story that isn't shit, and based on the intelligence level required to go "I'll drop out of university to pursue digital art, yeah, that's a good career move" I'm going to go ahead and say that the story wouldn't be worth shit.

Art screws with another life, woe, etc.
>>
>>2645390
>read the sticky
>mullins, KJG, ruan never read the sticky
>>
>>2645535
The funniest part is that this whole "art is not a viable career" thing is fueled by retards like that reddit guy and their decision making.

>I cant paint for shit.
>I want to become an artist and make lots of money, I drop out of uni tomorrow and become and artist! : DDD
>--
>It didnt work out, therefore art isnt a viable career option.

Go back to working in retail pls, jesus christ.
>>
>>2645533
You're projecting so hard even I can tell. So many people can't draw for shit and they manage to make easy money. Just look at FA.
>>
>>2645533
If only the top 1% of people on this board gave critiques then that's about as much of the board that would receive it. No amount of shittiness will ever outweigh having a pair of eyes.
>>
>>2645533
I made my first commissions for soda machine money in grade school. You cannot get on my level.
>>
File: 402876_saulman_custom-pyro[1].jpg (416KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
402876_saulman_custom-pyro[1].jpg
416KB, 1080x1080px
>>2645390
Huh, apparently this guy got a job as an animation assistant at Aardman.

Source: facebook/saultoons

>Pic is another one of his drawings
>>
>>2645635
Looks like he just btfo'd everyone
>>
>>2645635

I'm happy for him. I don't know why the bar is so low to get a job.
>>
>>2645635
This is more accurate.
>>
>>2645635
How much does a job like that pay? I'm assuming its not enough to live off of right? Also doesn't that studio do mostly 3d or stop motion type stuff? But still, good for him. I'm sure that the environment will help him out a ton and once he gets better he'll be able to move up.
>>
File: 1454564146023.jpg (107KB, 500x447px) Image search: [Google]
1454564146023.jpg
107KB, 500x447px
>>2645635
I love happy endings
>>
>>2645927
pretty sure the original was giving the V, not the peace sign
>>
>>2646723
Nobody knows what that is you fucking lime
>>
>>2646975
>you fucking lime
don't know why but made me kek
>>
>>2645390
Normies are only impressed under certain situations. They dont give a shit about good art, either. Just photorealistic Nelson Mandela pictures and anime portraits with chromatic aberration.

The problem with that Hitman picture is that its not rendered enough
>>
>>2645542
thats not really what he said though, he said hes dropping so he can study art full time, and is gonna use his college money for the next few years of studying, really not a bad plan, and apparently he already found a job so everythings fine
>>
>>2645635
so do i not need to improve to get a job then

like, if this is the bar :>)
>>
>>2645635
>>2645909
>>2645915
>>2646198
>>2648078
animation != illustration
>>
>>2648082
True, but I thought you had to have solid fundies to do animation. Like when I see the disney portfolio things it shows a bunch of cool human gestures, some animal gestures and then maybe 1 or 2 pieces that are a bit more detailed. Although from the OP pic it looks like he at least understands some of them.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.