[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chunbum Park's art thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 24

File: FB_IMG_1471394745250.jpg (202KB, 933x1158px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1471394745250.jpg
202KB, 933x1158px
Strawberry ice cream
>>
File: FB_IMG_1471394751009.jpg (193KB, 932x1155px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1471394751009.jpg
193KB, 932x1155px
Angel like her
>>
File: FB_IMG_1471394735060.jpg (184KB, 933x1155px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1471394735060.jpg
184KB, 933x1155px
Beautiful Astrid girl
>>
File: FB_IMG_1471394827422.jpg (235KB, 963x1206px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1471394827422.jpg
235KB, 963x1206px
Chinese beauty
>>
File: FB_IMG_1471394837855.jpg (180KB, 974x1219px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1471394837855.jpg
180KB, 974x1219px
Last Winter maiden
>>
File: FB_IMG_1471394847981.jpg (186KB, 976x1218px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1471394847981.jpg
186KB, 976x1218px
Green tea ice cream
>>
Golden girl
>>
>>2641249
looks more like golden shower girl
>>
was it really necessary to post one, let alone seven
>>
>>2641415
Lucky number seven :D
>>
Proto Woman
>>
>>2641460
nice krenz skin color
>>
>>2641393
>>2641415
Stick to manga and digital art threads you stupid fuck heads.
>>
>>2641573
Wow they were just commenting... you don'the have to be so mean although they really don't like me and my art
>>
>>2641608
kys
>>
Uninspired
Tacky
Lame
Lazy
Pretentious
Lack of ability

Nice work
>>
>>2641640
Not you again..
If these were done lazily they wouldn't take two and half weeks each to finish
>>
>>2641244
I really like this one!

Also, OP: please try to step out of your comfort zone. While your art is appealing, it has stagnated a lot and what you've posted on this board has always been more or less the same. Try practicing drawing backgrounds, animals, etc. Especially practice anatomy, since you don't have a very firm grasp of it despite frequently drawing people. You don't have to veer away from your favorite subject matter. You just have to practice different things, too.
>>
>>2641660
>Not you again.
what everybody says when you post
>>
File: barbarian 061 - small.png (4MB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
barbarian 061 - small.png
4MB, 1200x1600px
>>2641662
Thanks for your neat advice! I have been trying different styles. These are just the ones from the past I recently revisited and revised. It'seems true that I don't draw people 100% anatomically correctly when drawing from imagination. I usually cannot afford a model. But I believe that does not take away the merits of my work. There are other things like color and ideal for me I am achieving.

Also when I post my best works they get delered then this asshole says I deleted it myself which isn't true. I am posting it again now.
>>
File: Homo Pulchrus 04.jpg (436KB, 1145x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Homo Pulchrus 04.jpg
436KB, 1145x1600px
>>2641663
That's just you everyone love my work
>>
File: Untitled Space 001 10.jpg (550KB, 1202x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled Space 001 10.jpg
550KB, 1202x1600px
This is a work in cubism style
>>
>>2641460
proto woman? more like potato woman

(her tits look like potatos)
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8HalUo79DfU
>>
Who would win in a fight, cumbum or illastrat???
http://www.strawpoll.me/11027889
>>
>>2644572
Of course illastrat would win

We are good friends ;)
>>
File: image.jpg (200KB, 596x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
200KB, 596x750px
Hello Chunbum, I am going to give you some advice - you can discard if you want, but we all want to improve, so take it as honest and well meant.

You seem to use alot of time on your portraits and a heavy layer of overpaint. Be careful because they might seem stiff and constrained.
I like your usage of colour, but you need to think about the dynamics, to help you create deepth more easily.
You definately have talent but you need to refine your technique.

Portraits doesn't nescesarily need to be realistic - your cubistic nudes are better because you seem to have more control over your medium and technique.

Realistic portraiture is very difficult to master and require a lot of schooling. (All the realistic painters i know have spent a lot of money on tutoring and are hard workers)
But this technique doesn't have to be better than expressionism - like the Matisse Portrait. Look how easily he captures the spirit of his sitter and the way he uses colour.

Do you use Golden too?
>>
>>2644967
Thanks for your honest advice, my friend. It's due to this very unique and original technique that I developed that I paint this way. I call the technique textural impasto, and when highly 3 dimensional, sculptural impasto. No one knows how to make this texture as intensively as I do, it appears. When executed well, the paint has a rocky or wooden texture and colors are intensely glittering and harmonious.

This technique requires a conservative way of thinking regarding the composition and radical way of approaching color. The reason is that the technique requires infinite labor - in other words, a lot of work. You simply cannot put down an abstract shape of color and lazily call it done. With certain style, that would look good. In case of Matisse, simply amazing. However with my technique no amount of thinking regarding the composition can justify such abstract shapes of color because it will not look dynamic at all - by contrast it will appear lazy and out of place.
It's true that my figures anatomically appear little bit stiff and constrained.
Thank you for pointing that out. I am working to make them less stiff by studying the anatomy more. However it's not easy to do. Thanks for your interest and concern.
>>
File: 1444115187536.gif (301KB, 350x464px) Image search: [Google]
1444115187536.gif
301KB, 350x464px
Cumbum's such a cutie. Why does he have to make shit art?
>>
File: Her Garden 005 - smallv4.jpg (579KB, 997x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Her Garden 005 - smallv4.jpg
579KB, 997x1200px
>>2644967
The reason why dynamically tackling the composition with abstract shapes doesn't work with my technique is that the way I layer paint makes such bold strokes appear cheap and unfinished. It's only after I achieve sculptural and textural impasto that there appears to be even distribution of light and dark and depth in terms of glittering highlights and shadows and colors.
>>
File: 1824bc34973431.56e6297a0fd69.jpg (566KB, 1200x1494px) Image search: [Google]
1824bc34973431.56e6297a0fd69.jpg
566KB, 1200x1494px
>>2645010
This is my self portrait
>>
File: Green Frog Lady 09 - small.jpg (485KB, 977x1222px) Image search: [Google]
Green Frog Lady 09 - small.jpg
485KB, 977x1222px
Green Tea Ice Cream
>>
>>2645322
you aint fooling no one thats clearly a green frog lady i can see the filename >:T
>>
>>2645349
Well I changed my mind to Green Tea Ice Cream, but for sake of easy file keeping, I kept it at same name (Green Frog Lady) so I could find it more easily.

If I had a set of files named Green Frog Lady and another set of files named Green Tea Ice Cream it would be troublesome.
>>
>>2645349
>>
>>2641636
>>>/v/
>>
File: image.jpg (227KB, 720x1056px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
227KB, 720x1056px
Well, it was not my intent to justify a quicker or "lazier" style. I also use a lot of time analysing and working on my composition and use of colour. I would strongly advise you to study colour theory, because the result is more intense in deepth. Your use of colour is better in your self portrait than in your other portraits - it is more self confident than the others. You also seem to handle the contrast colours better.
>>
>>2645834
Thanks. I already studied color theory and I am trying to further develop it, because right now it is incomplete with explanations that are not universal. For example, why is it that the opposite color of blue in additive color mixing is yellow, but it is orange in subtractive color mixing? I want to find a mathematical basis to explain this difference.
>>
File: image.jpg (204KB, 720x1217px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
204KB, 720x1217px
>>2645916
You can see colour theory in nature. When you have two colours beside eachother one of them is warm - the other cold. This can be seen on a road in the summer. The asfalt in the sun can have an almost yellow or orange light while the shadows are often grayish blue or purple.

But shadows doesn't need to be cold, they can be warm - as long as the other colour is cold.

Raw umber (green tone) and burnt umber (red tone) are cold and warm when you put them together.

Instead of using black to mix a darker shade, use the contrast colour. Mixing a little red into green makes a darker green - and more red you will eventually get black.

The law of colour theory describe what we see. That is why realistic painters use this method because their motive seem more natural in colour.

This all sounds very weird, but when you begin to understand it all makes sense.
>>
>>2645961
Do you know why the shadow is cold and highlight is warm? You probably don't know
>>
>>2645961
And do you know why raw and burnt umber look cold and warm when put together? Try explaining it.

I think I can.
>>
>>2645983
Yes red and green.
You can do this with other colours as well. It's nothing to do with math but to do with visual interpretation.
>>
>>2645996
It has everything to do with math ando physics. But color theory is incomplete because there is no math invoiced in explaining much of the theory.

Red and green? It is because colors are relative, and we perceive color in terms of temperature (of surrounding environment). It is same phenomenon as our eye adjusting to different lighting situation - dark, bright, blue, yellow. The similar mechanism by which a camera adjusts for temperature.

If you have same amount of raw umber and burnt umber straight out of the tube next to each other, they will appear equally cold and warm. However, if you have a larger patch of burnt umber next to raw umber, then the overall temperature will be warm, but the cool color, raw umber, will pop and appear brighter. Which is true because raw umber has more yellow in it and yellow is a brighter color than red.

Now, do you know what happens when you add a lot of white to one of the umbers?
>>
>>2646018
Well it has to do with fysics - light and wavelenghts.

What you are saying about raw and burnt umber is very WRONG. You should be able to see a difference in the two it has nothing to do with yellow. Burnt umber has more red added than raw umber. But you can mix green in a burnt umber and get a colour close to raw umber.

The reason is to illustrate the "connection" between the two.
>>
>>2646040
Actually I was wrong in that burnt umber is naturally brighter color than raw umber, although raw umber has more yellow in it, and burnt umber has more red.

Of course, mixing green with burnt umber will produce something similar to raw umber because green is towards direction of yellow, relative to red. Do you not understand this?

Raw umber is very close to a darker version of yellow, and burnt umber is very close to a darker version of red.
>>
>>2646048
Oh well i was talking about green (yellow + blue)

Raw umber has a green tone - burnt a red tone.
>>
File: image.jpg (32KB, 319x270px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 319x270px
>>
File: DSC_5360.jpg (214KB, 1103x821px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_5360.jpg
214KB, 1103x821px
>>2646077
Raw umber is yellowish. Terre verte is greenish.
>>
i remember seeing bumchum on here some years ago wtf happened
>>
>>2645004
impasto is inherently textural you pretentious fuck
>>
>>2646166
I am categorically naming two types of impasto that I use. It's common practice for artists to come up with their own terminology.
>>
>>2646184
it's common practice for pretentious kids to come up with names for things that already exist, yes. the medical term is "special snowflake syndrome"
>>
>>2646186
Pretentious kids too but artist as well. It is common for artists to come up with their own vocabulary to explain their artistic practices.
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 420x443px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 420x443px
There's a thread on this board on colour theory with great vids - check it out.
>>
>>2646992
I already know color theory. Thanks
>>
>>2647035
You said yourself you found several elements confusing. Study more.
>>
fuck i forgot about this guy. it's one of those WOAHH DUDE I DREW THE FACE WEIRD, DEEP MAN DEEP, kind of artist.
>>
>>2641660
>two and half weeks each to finish
fuck dude you have no talent.
>>
>>2647077
I didn't say confusing. I said there were discrepancies I observed not explained thoroughly by the theory. It requires new explanations by mathematics.

You are the one who should study more if you can't explain why in nature shadow looks cool compared to the highlight. It's not just a part of nature, as you put it. I know the explanation. You don't
>>
>>2647097
If I use different technique I can finish a painting in 6 hours. It depends on the technique. This technique is truly unique and special
>>
>>2647138
I don't need to explain this using math - it is not the point i am trying to make.

It has to do with visuals and not math. This whole discussion has become stupid because you don't want to understand my point or are unable to.

Because you are unable to recieve critique I am afraid you will progress no further than these oat porridge textured, yet flat and lifeless portraits.

Not all artists are special snow flakes like you, deal with it.
>>
>>2647240
Explain why the shadow looks cool and highlight looks warm, without using math, using your own terminology on visuals, then. Please.

You can't explain it.

Then don't lecture me on color theory
>>
>>2647244
Oh, stop being so autistic.
You have to use your eyes to describe the interaction between the colours, like the warm/cold interaction. You have obviously not been schooled, because this is one of the first things your tutor will teach you.
If you are so obsessed with the math part of colour theory - lay down the brush and contribute to science instead.
>>
>>2647264

Warm cold interaction my ass. IT'S BECAUSE THE SKY IS BLUE, and the shadow part that is not being hit directly by sunlight is reflecting the cool light from the blue sky.

Oh my god you don't know anything.

Please NEVER lecture me on color theory again. I know more than you do.
>>
why is fuckbum not banned yet?

--his art is garbage
--he does not accept any criticism whatsoever, always deflecting it with stupid ass "excuses"
--he does not contribute to the board in any meaningful way

its basically just advertising and shitposting, both of which are bannable offenses.
>>
>>264726
Kek, you have no idea what I am talking about. There no hope.
>>
>>2647267
>IT'S BECAUSE THE SKY IS BLUE, and the shadow part that is not being hit directly by sunlight is reflecting the cool light from the blue sky.
>Oh my god you don't know anything.
>Please NEVER lecture me on color theory again. I know more than you do.

Clearly not.
>>
>>2647271
None of my artworks are for sale. How is it advertising no more than your 'advertising' by posting your own work?

You are a complete nonsense.
>>
>>2647271
He is a meme.
>>
>>2647287
Clearly yes. If you cast light on a white object in a white environment, there won't be any cool or warm shade because there is nothing warm or cool that is reflecting off the surface.
>>
File: image.jpg (60KB, 320x318px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 320x318px
>>2647288
>one of my artworks are for sale
That explains a lot, thanks.

But nice stoner lady on your blog. Can I comission a stoned Pepe?
>>
>>2647299
I only draw beautiful ladies. Sorry ;p
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.