[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

graffiti tips

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: graffiti.jpg (18KB, 287x175px) Image search: [Google]
graffiti.jpg
18KB, 287x175px
just started. any tips and tricks?
>>
Dont get arrested
>>
>>2641000
/thread
>>
Dont go over anyone.
>>
>>2641000

Easy if you know where to paint/can anticipate and run

>>2643099

Kek why not?
>>
>>2643134
Assuming op is still a toy.
>>
>>2643134
RULES:
Tags go over nothing.
Throw-ups go over tags.
Pieces go over throw-ups and tags.

So yeah, you can over other people's stuff, but only following these rules and try to cover up everything
>>
>>2644010
Unless its a throw up by someone really well respected who has since passed away.
>>
Just don't go over anything if you're not at least 8-10 years down the line. Only exception is if some equally toy asshole did it to you first.

Don't ruin your small little rural town with hundreds of shitty illegal tags. Make A LOT of sketches. Practice legally.
>>
>>2640944

There's a million and a half things that can be said in response to your question, OP. Are you asking for tips on technique and style? Because those are things that can only be developed on your prerogative. Get some different caps; fats, thins, etc... Test em out and develop your handstyle and can control. Get a blackbook and start working on your letters. I mean YOUR letters. Don't bite someone else' style. Start with tags, move on to throws and straight letters, then start working on your burners and adding more color and detail. It's all a game of personal development and progression my friend. Don't forget to take your time on your work. Nothing looks worse than a rushed piece, this goes for even tags and throwups. A lot of the reason people hate graffiti is because a lot of it looks like shit, because people tend to rush themselves out of fear of being seen at the spot. This is a rookie mistake. If you pick your spots wisely, no one will even see you painting. They wont even see the piece until daylight. This is really something you'll have to figure out on your own. Always pick good spots, lest you get buffed the next day.

As far as social things to look out for- most writers are not so friendly and can frankly be sketchy pieces of shit. You can and will meet a lot of great people who write and will back you up and be like family; unfortunately not every writer has the same mentality, so have a good judge of character and choose who you paint with carefully.

Don't tell ANYONE what you write unless you know for a fact they're also a part of the scene. It's all about anonymity.

When catching spots, don't go out wasted drunk or fucked up on bars and stuff. I know a lot of people who have gotten caught up from doing this. Treat every night that you paint like a mission, which it definitely is. Stay in the shadows, and if you hear any footsteps or suspicious sounds, be quiet and let the environment cool off for a bit...
>>
>>2650429
(cont'd)

If you're at a spot and you hear the word "FREEZE" or anything remotely close to sounding like a cop, that means fucking run. If you can run with your paint, take it. If not, leave that shit behind and hope they don't finger print the cans (which reminds me, try to always handle your paint with gloves.)

STAY AWAY FROM ETCH BATH IT WILL FUCK YOUR SKIN UP MAD.

If you see gang tags anywhere (I live in Los Angeles so this is something we have to look out for here,) don't paint in that area unless you're willing to defend yourself and have some strong heads with you that can back you up. Gangs hate graffers more than cops do, and they WILL use weapons against you.

Above all, man, just have fun and be safe. Be smart. Learn new shit. Be courageous and defy the odds. Live the life that no other artists do and be grateful that you're one of the few doing it.. Know that no matter what, there are a lot of people who will appreciate your art, but substantially more people that will hate it. Even other graffers will hate you. But that comes with the territory. Graffiti is underground, is not widely accepted, and is loathed by most people. It wouldn't be what it is if it weren't for this inherent nature. It's a gritty, dirty, at times painful, bloody, passionate, and absolutely fucking beautiful art form and lifestyle. Treat it with respect.

Stay up.
>>
she can't hear a word I blodd

this is ridiciyuy

I like doing it so it's like it was there 50 years

no one will bother getting rid of it and it sort of blends in

creepily
>>
>>2640944
I did graffiti for 12 years on and off. Quit now anon.
>>
never been caught. did it for 12 years. it gets boring. you'll probably branch out into other art. I recommend not doing it at all.
>>
It's honestly been a big embarrassment. especially when you grow up and your bombs are still riding from half a decade ago. people eventually will know you do graffiti and know what you write. so good luck with that. It's mentally scarred me. I've gone through phases of paranoia. sometimes never leaving my house during the day because I don't want people to see me. graffiti is a miserable sub culture and no body is your friend.
>>
oh and you'll probably develop a good drinking habit too. graffiti and booze go hand in hand. it can take the edge off a lot. but it might catch up with you one day. I used to hop barb wire fences drunk. wake up the next day cut open and bleeding. blacking out barely remembering what I hit. so good luck with that too OP. be careful on the fences. ruined a lot of good pants.
>>
I made a lot of enemies too. holy fuck I pissed off a lot of people. It doesn't matter if you're better than someone. try not to go over anyone, if you want to click in with crews. Typically the lesser talented artists are the ones who will fuck you up. skill has nothing to do with your rep. just don't go over anyone else, you never know who they're mutual friends are.
>>
Graff saved my life
then ruined it.
>>
Just do it in your sketchbook until you can get paid to paint a wall. Graffiti as a culture/lifestyle is a useless practice. You have to either steal/buy paint to paint some letters that either the city, or some other shitty writer is gonna go over eventually. Why go through all of that? It's fun for a bit but life will find a way to tell you when to stop. I quit writing because I ended up getting in a fist fight behind it and realized how stupid it all was.
>>
File: Kast.jpg (401KB, 1024x666px) Image search: [Google]
Kast.jpg
401KB, 1024x666px
>>2640944
Be careful around train tracks and in high places.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.