[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

feedback

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

welding up the pieces of my first full figure, what's /ic/ think?

all cast iron
>>
>>2640690
i bet a lot of serial killers would want your art
>>
>>2640698
uh, thanks.
>>
I feel like you weren't confident in sculpting heads so you just put a tree trunk there instead and came up with a story to justify it.

Don't do this, the only way you're ever going to get good at sculpting heads is to sculpt more heads and learning

Success isn't the opposite of failure it is the next step after it
>>
>>2640690
Why is the head a hunk of wood?
>>
>>2640720
i've sculpted many heads, that's where i started with figure sculpting. I was originally going to do the same here, the stump ended up being more of a true statement in the direction of what i wanted to say with the head, so i opted to change my usual direction with this one.
>proof
>>
>>2640723
I could be a wordy artist bitch and explain why i chose it. i enjoy what can be said and the aesthetic of it. it is still cast iron, just a cast stump.
>>
>>2640727
That head doesn't show much expression,
The pose you have in the sculpture would require a head of great skill to look good
I'm gonna need to see more heads from you to be convinced that you weren't just cocking out
>>
>>2640734
I think what you need from me isn't shit. I'm asking for feedback on what is done. I'm not asking you to show off your ego because you don't approve of my decisions. Nor am I asking you to critique my other works. go to your local art museum if you want to complain, scrub.
>>
>>2640757
>gets crit
>acts rude

looks like you're the one with the ego
>>
>>2640770
Not much of a crit when someone is asking to see more work to validate their opinion of the work in question.
I understand you think I'm "cocking out", thanks.
>>
>>2640783
I'm not even the anon you originally replied to.

I guess the point is when people replace heads with other objects (it was done to death during the 90s, I think we're all tired of it) it feels like a bit of a cop-out. I agree in that your piece would be more expressive with an actual head, the stump just doesn't make sense to me considering the rest of the body resembles a human.

And he was right in saying that the head you posted is a bit expressionless.
>>
>>2640727
Sup, nerd. Fellow sculptor here (not typical /ic/ blowhard). I don't need to see a head to prove you can sculpt heads. Initially, I don't like the stump though. Guess it's just kinda boring out of context of a series of figures or the proportions and gesture of the figure as it stands now. I'll have to see it later. You can always lop it off and do something else. Hm... but ok, it looks like you're going for a contrapposto. I can see this being kind of funny if you tilt the stump forward and to the left a little more insouciantly. Give her a hatchet or something. Tease us a little bit with some saucy lumberjack tree-bitches?
>>
I like it. The log being cast iron as well makes it better because at first I thought it was a real log. I'm really interested in the process behind a piece like this. I'd love to see more of your work too.
>>
>>2640720
>>2640723
>>2640899

Only decent reply here is this.

>>2640770

Back to drawing anime please.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.