[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

if you had $800USD to spend on a drawing tablet, what would you get?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 171
Thread images: 23

File: gallery-image-1.jpg (100KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
gallery-image-1.jpg
100KB, 960x640px
if you had $800USD to spend on a drawing tablet, what would you get?
>>
I have a $3,000 credit card.
I seriously considered getting one of those, but I realized it's a waste of money since you have to plug them into a computer.

I'll wait until they can work on their own.
>>
>>2636621
>advertise most expensive wacom tablet with a guy drawing dumb abstract shit you could draw with a mouse
brb kms
>>
get a Intuos large off of ebay for like $350 and spend the rest on hookers
>>
>>2636621
iPad Pro, since the 13HD is ass.
>>
>>2636651

Wat.
>>
13 inch cintiq.

Or... I would save the money and scrape together enough for a 22hd
>>
>>2636659
they used the creator of Dilbert to advertise the 27HD
and all he did was trace templates
>>
>>2636689

i kek'd
>>
>>2636621

save for the real deal the bees knees the king kong the cintiq 22hd
>>
iPad pro. Hands down.
>>
Intuos Pro Medium and a good 1440p IPS monitor.
>>
>>2636621
I already have a cintiq 22hd (they're overrated as hell) but I'd get the intuos pro medium and then upgrade my computer/monitor
>>
>>2636686
I want a drawing tablet that doesn't need to be plugged into a computer if it costs $800+
>>
>>2636728
https://www.amazon.com/Wacom-Cintiq-Companion-Intel-512GB/dp/B00UOYQAWY
>>
I would get either a Huion Giano or a Wacom Intuos 4-or-higher in the largest size available, I'd also get a second 20 inch monitor to put reference images and videos on, pretty much just like I have now.

Cintiq tablets look real sexy in the pictures, but it's all hype. While you can't buy a small ass tablet and use it on your big ass monitor and expect not to have a bad time, there's also a point where you're essentially trying to buy into being a good artist. It's at that point when the name "Cintiq" is most likely to be bandied about. I've been there myself and it just isn't going to happen. Don't make the same mistake I did, fampaisanos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yaV47tdisw
>>
A good scanner and more drawing paper than i could conceivably use in my lifetime
>>
Paint, charcoal, brushes, gesso, one small tablesaw, wood glue, staple gun, and a large roll of canvas

spend the rest on liquor
>>
Id get a huion pro and put the rest on my debit.
>>
File: asdf.png (393KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
asdf.png
393KB, 960x640px
gib royalties wacom-kun
>>
>>2636859
>huion
I think you misread the number anon, it says 800$.
>>
>>2636651
Get a surface pro then.

>>2636621
I'd just get a new computer, my Huion works well enough atm.
>>
>>2636662
Wait what, it's 350$ on ebay? Damn. I only shop on amazon.
>>
>>2636688
yeah i had a chance to use a 22 hd at wondercon along with all the other wacom cintiqs companions 2, 27inch etc.. 22 was my favorite by far. it was large but not too large and the screen seemed clearere than the companion.

If you have a good pc already and plan on doing digital as a career choice save or drop on a 22hd my friends.

i have a surface pro 3 and the screen is too small imo. maybe ill try to use an intous but i have tried in the past and hated it.
>>
>>2636978
>also fyi i was joking about career and digital we all know the muh concept art is dead since 2010.
>>
File: 42686891.jpg (2MB, 2452x1361px) Image search: [Google]
42686891.jpg
2MB, 2452x1361px
I always wanted a Cintiq 22 HD but my skill ain't worth the shit
>>
>>2636993
It will if you keep believing.
>>
What about Ugee 2150? is it nice or it's going to explode after one use?
>>
wacom bamboo motherfrickers
>>
I already spent $900 on an ipad pro and pencil,and It's pretty good for my purposes.
I can draw and paint on the go and it's really light.
Procreate only costs $5 too,and it's better than sai painter.
>>
>>2637019
Ipad pro artists make me cringe
>>
Intuos 4 and up. My is undergoing its 5th year, thre times spilled coke over it, pen is broken once and stil working like a charm
>>
4 Gianos
>>
>>2636974
I mean I'd save the rest of the money in my debit after buying the nice Huion.
>>
>>2636770
>Cintiq tablets look real sexy in the pictures, but it's all hype.
Bullshit. I used an intuos 3 large for years and then switched to a Cintiq 13HD. The difference of drawing while looking at your pencil is priceless.
People, don't listen to this crap. Screen tablets >>>>> non screen ones.
>>
>>2636651
are you serious? why is that a problem?
>>
>>2637159

Screen tablets are mostly good for drawing though. Painting is superior with a regular tablet IMO. I have a Cintiq 13HD and switch back and forth depending on what I'm doing. I've tried the bigger Cintiq models aswell but while it looks cool I feel that painting is just more ergonomic and faster with a regular tablet set up.
>>
>>2636770
I agree with >>2637159. You can definitely do great work with an Intuos. But there is a level of precision you get with a Cintiq that is undeniable. I used an intuos for years and found myself limited by the technology I was using. I got a 13HD and it's been a total game changer since. I can do more precise work and faster. Plus I find having a dedicated screen right up infront of you like a real canvas to be better for concentrating, with the second monitor plastered with references or w/e
>>
>>2637167

is 13 inches enough real estate to do anything on?
>>
>>2637164
Because it's too much to carry around, and for that price range it should be able to function without being plugged in to a computer.
>>
>>2637159
I personally prefer my intuos over cintiq that I've used extensively at school.

I just prefer not having my hand in the way while drawing and I've drawn so much with different versions of intuos over the years that not looking at my hand has become second nature.
>>
>>2636972
lol
>>
File: 1462233885059.jpg (118KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1462233885059.jpg
118KB, 500x500px
>>2636993
>>
>>2636621
Xp-pen 22.
Seems very nice and i'm not a retard when it comes to technology so i can work around the drivers.
>>
>>2637355
>>2637013
With these 2 in the market wacom just can't justify their price anymore.
I hope they take a blow in the next few years i'm getting sick of all the cintiq fanboys.
>>
File: 1421694434395.jpg (13KB, 209x249px) Image search: [Google]
1421694434395.jpg
13KB, 209x249px
>>2636972
took me a second
>>
>>2637359
Wacom will continue to charge whatever they want for their recycled outdated hardware simply because they're still the industry standard. It's the same reason Adobe hasn't bothered updating Photoshop's brush engine in like 12 years, and why Apple can get away with making computers that only get more useless with each iteration just because "muh design".

All of the chinese tablets are still unreliable when it comes to software, no one's ever going to buy a bunch of Huions for their studio when they have no guarantee that the drivers will even work properly. They can sell to hobbyists all they want, but they're never going to replace Cintiqs until they at least get close to the level of support that Wacom has.
>>
>>2636621
I wouldn't pay more than 200 bucks for any tablet. Tablets at this price are already completely good enough to make good stuff, everything else is just throwing money out of the window
>>
>>2637470
why doesnt fucking AMERICA make the tablets & software then, huh?
>>
>>2636621
Intuos pro large, use the rest to upgrade your RAM.

Screen tablets are a meme that ruins your neck.
>>
>>2637355

Using xp-pen 22inch now, would recommend use on windows 8.1 and windows 10 pcs, both have wacom drivers installed too, intous 4 smalls for not heavy drawing stuff. No issues.
>>
>>2637144
papa Vilppu uses one fyi
But I get what you're saying.

>>2637504
'cause an average American worker is self-righteous and expensive as fuck, why bother.
>>
>>2637512
Is that tablet chinese or japanese?
Xp-pen website says that they come from japan but their tablet looks exactly like the ugee 2150.
>>
>>2636770
>That image
I guess everyone who does easel painting or works on a drawing table is wrong.
>>
>>2636621
>Black guy.
>Drawing shitty charicatures on 800$ tablet.
I guess nigs gonna nig.
>>
>>2637867
Are you implying that guy is black?
>>
>>2637867
>$800
I fucking wish, that thing costs $2k anon.
>>
If you're a traditionalfag get a lower end cintiq. i would love to bigger one but i have the smaller cintiq and find it fine.

if you're already used to an intuos then don't go to cintiq imo
>>
I would only recommend Wacom products to people who are already making money with their art, otherwise is just a waste of money.
Most of the problems with Chinese tablets are the drivers and it's because most artist are tech illiterates and don't uninstall previous drivers.
The huion giano, the artisul d13 and xp pen 22, should be good enough for the majority of digital artist anyway.
>>
>>2637318
>that not looking at my hand has become second nature.
Exactly. If you need to actually look at your hand, you haven't drawn enough with it at all. Like fuck, who looks at their hand using something like an intous when what you're drawing is on the fucking screen?
>>
File: stelprdb5285979.jpg (49KB, 576x255px) Image search: [Google]
stelprdb5285979.jpg
49KB, 576x255px
These threads always have so much stupid in them. If I was a mod I would autoban anyone who throws around the word "meme" on this board.
>>
Sort of off-topic but I don't think my question deserves it's own thread.
I'm going to buy a new pc, have had a desk top for 7 years but would like to go for a laptop.
Would it be better to get another desktop or are laptops up to the point where they can be just as powerful?
>>
>>2638285
Desktop is better because you can upgrade the parts if you need it.
Go to logicalincrements there you can build something that suits your needs and budget, even if you want a laptop.
>>
>>2637968
>If you need to actually look at your hand, you haven't drawn enough with it at all.
I'm >>2637159 I don't HAVE to look at my hand while I draw. As I said I used the Intuos for years (professionally) and yeah, it became second nature of course. Looking at the drawing while you draw ON it is just that more natural and you can be that more precise with it.
>Like fuck, who looks at their hand using something like an intous when what you're drawing is on the fucking screen?
Confirmed for retard, never mind.
>>
>>2636719
I literally just got this in the mail an hour ago.
what kinda software works best with this? photoshop? im new to digital.
>>
>>2638481
You made a big fucking mistake.
>>
I'd get an XP pen and save 200 bucks.
>>
>>2636621
Cintiq 13HD. I'm actually planning to buy one in a couple of months, been saving my money.
>>
>>2636770
>Cintiq
>all hype
Just because it won't magically make you a better artist doesn't mean it isn't still currently the best tablet on the market. There's a reason it's the industry standard.
>>
File: artisul-d13-09.jpg (89KB, 990x660px) Image search: [Google]
artisul-d13-09.jpg
89KB, 990x660px
Anyone have any experience with an Arisul D13? It's billed as a competitive tablet to the Wacom Cintiq HD13
>>
>>2637914
He's saying he's black. And blacks aren't stupid enough to pay $2 grand for something they just use to draw cartoons on. Most black artists just buy the cheapest wacom and doodle on that.
>>
>>2638470
ok cheers
>>
>>2638683
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZAmEJndiYc
>>
File: Template.jpg (378KB, 1900x4209px) Image search: [Google]
Template.jpg
378KB, 1900x4209px
>>2637159
>>2638473
I disagree, but I'm willing to accept that I may be wrong if you are. A professional like yourself on a Cintiq should have much more successful results free-hand drawing lines, shapes and primitives in informal perspective versus a hobbyist with a lesser tablet.

I welcome you (and anyone else) to participate, but considering this is /ic/ it's more likely my results are mocked from the sidelines, with my detractors refusing to post their own work because someone might dox them based on their drawings of circles and shit and jeopardize their 'pending' contract with Wizards of the Coastยฎ
>>
>>2640369
like this test will prove anything. anon pls.
>>
>>2640369
>hobbist

First then I'd recommend to stay on paper till you get decent lines at least.

Paper over digital its always a thing.
If your art isn't good enough on tablet that means that isn't good on paper, and paper represents the first step.
>>
>>2640650
What about rendering?
>>
File: le implied gorilla penis face.jpg (9KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
le implied gorilla penis face.jpg
9KB, 184x184px
>>2640599
Why wouldn't it?

These are some of the bare-minimal marks and constructions intrinsic to free-hand drawing, in which a Cintiq supposedly provides a "priceless" benefit. No one's expecting mechanical accuracy from anybody. There's no reason to have an ego about "losing" or whatever thanks to anonymity. It's not like a Cintiq if one has it will suddenly lose all of its cash value nor must it stop being one's preferred method of drawing provided the discrepancy in results isn't that great, either.

I'll be submitting something tonight regardless, but it would be nice if other people chose to participate because I'm sure I'll take no shortage of shit from the peanut gallery either way.
>>
>>2640650
I agree with your post wholeheartedly, however while I am a hobbyist I am fairly confident in my manual dexterity and freehand drawing with a tablet. I'm just not a good artist in the holistic sense if you know what I mean.

>>2640653
You can render with any tablet, in fact many people often scan drawings they made traditionally and paint them digitally (Peter Mohrbacher comes to mind), not a necessarily bad workflow either way.
>>
>>2636651
There is a bunch of tablet PC whith wacom touch.
If you feel rich, look for Sintiq companion. I dunno how it feels to work, some people complain it is lagging a little bit, plus display is 12". Id buy one, but in Russia they cost a fuckton of money, even before oil fail. ( thx to jewish resellers)
Or surf though coustom-made stuff.
>>
>>2640369
This is completely pointless by itself, though. Comparing between different people would just account for their own dexterity, not their tablet. To get any sort of meaningful result you'd need each person doing this in a Cintiq, Intuos and on paper with a pen.
>>
>get tablet
>pen and mouse mode
Which do people use?
>>
>>2640664
Are you retarded or something?
>>2640748
Fucking this.
>>
>>2640748
I disagree.

While our individual capabilities for free hand drawing all other things equal is an unfortunate variable that this test can't account for alone, ultimately to do what you're describing would be measuring something else entirely than whether either of us are being held back by our equipment. However, scanning and submitting a similar test done with pencil on paper to compare to your digital results would make a very good supplement to this to put everything in context. i.e.

>anon 1 has better dexterity with traditional media than anon 2, but anon 2 has better accuracy digital than anon 1

>Comparing between different people would just account for their own dexterity, not their tablet.

Unfortunately our individual dexterity certainly plays a factor here, but asserting that the tablet has no effect on the results is false, I assure you. If that were the case then there would be no need for any tablet more extravagant than the graphire 3s of yesteryear.

My argument is two-fold. Not only is a tablet that is too small for your monitor (which I think is the case for the majority of people using tablets today) a severe handicap placed on your ability to draw freehand, but a Cintiq, particularly the lower-end models, represent a luxury without as much tangible value as you might think.

Suffice it to say; if a professional artist (as anon said he was) using a Cintiq can't visibly blow a hobbyist using a standard tablet the fug out in the one category in which his equipment is purportedly far superior, it should give anyone pause when considering the choice between a $2000 tablet over a $200-400 one. This isn't about either of us saying "haw haw i beat u nigga ;^)" or whatever, rather it's an admittedly imperfect means of allowing other anons to make a judgement call. Also it just makes for a good exercise on its own, in my humble imho opinion.
>>
>>2636621
A cheap LCD tablet that's pretty decent and around $600. Would spend the rest on some books and maybe vidya.
>>
>>2640840
>Unfortunately our individual dexterity certainly plays a factor here
Yeah, a VERY FUCKING IMPORTANT one. That's why your idea is pointless and stupid. Let it go already.
>>
I would never buy a tablet that wasn't the largest and highest resolution Cintiq available.
>>
>>2640896
very insightful. thanks for sharing.
>>
File: 1311109239617.png (102KB, 241x228px) Image search: [Google]
1311109239617.png
102KB, 241x228px
Huion are having a sale. It's time to decide.
>>
>>2640891
Those cheap tablets actually have the same quality or better as a cintiq 22hd, the thing is the software that is usually shit.
>>
An intuos3 a4
>>
>>2641181
damn, what is the best non-huion tablet?
I currently use an old wacom graphire 4 tablet, is an upgrade to a newer tablet worth it or hasn't much changed in the last 10 years?
>>
>>2641257
Much has changed, get a CH480
>>
>>2641257
shit I didn't mean non-huion tablet

I meant non-monitor huion tablet
>>
File: jester_fool.jpg (383KB, 1252x1600px) Image search: [Google]
jester_fool.jpg
383KB, 1252x1600px
also does anyone use Huion and can confirm, that it works with TVPaint?
>>
>>2637867
Nigga are you blind?
>>
>>2641181
Just don't get their screen tablets they lack any QC.
>>
How is the cintiq 13 HD ass? I really want it to not be ass.

I love my intuos large but I would like to draw on a screen instead.
>>
>>2641411
It's not ass, it's just different. Whether you like it or not depends on how long you use it.
>>
>>2641411
It's not bad as long as you're ok with a subpar display that's a bit on the small side and needs a whole mess of cables to connect. It really should not cost $800.
>>
File: vapes u.jpg (55KB, 500x515px) Image search: [Google]
vapes u.jpg
55KB, 500x515px
>>2640894
If only our manual dexterity as individuals matters then there is no reason to spend $1000 on a tablet to begin with, and one would be pretty foolish for doing so.

>>2641261

Because I left a nice review on amazon the actual shills sent me a preview on their forum of their upcoming model the "Inspiroy" http://forum.huiontablet.com/discussion/107/huion-inspiroy-g10t/p1. It looks like it has some interesting features and is an aesthetic improvement, but it appears to be a step backwards in some ways too. It has half the hotkeys which are also spread out across, and separated by, a big touchpad thing, and an active area just shy of the Intuos Large instead of superior to it.

To its credit, it's got very small footprint and will probably be a great option for people with more limited desk space:

Intuos Large
Footprint:
19.2 x 12.5
Active Area:
12.8 x 8.0

Huion Giano
Footprint:
17.9 x 10.5
Active Area:
13.8 x 8.6

Huion Inspiroy (G12T Model)
Footprint:
16.7 x 8.2
Active Area:
12 x 7.5

The Giano will still be the one to get if you have the space, probs.

>>2641264
Wish I knew, I've been meaning to try TV Paint out, period, let alone with a specific tablet. Aaron Blaise makes it look great.
>>
>>2636651
Get a cintiq companion 2 ffs dude.
>>
File: ipad-pro-pencil-batman-hero.jpg (137KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
ipad-pro-pencil-batman-hero.jpg
137KB, 900x675px
iPad Pro.

Seriously, I have an older model Cintiq, and I am dying to get my hands on an iPad Pro. I fell in love after sketching on it for a couple hours at the apple store. Zero lag time, the stylus is lighter and more natural, legitimately portable, and using astropad I can still use it with programs on my mac when I really have to.

I have a friend that does all of his professional illustration work on the Pro and I am so jealous.
>>
>>2641509
Plus with the astro pad app, procreate, and medibang paint pro, it's all good
>>
>>2641509
>>2641532
>$00.10 have been deposited on your account
>>
>>2641509
It looks good if you're the type of person that travels a lot.
>>
>>2641509
>picture of some ass hat drawing in Notes app
worst drawing app ever created
>>
>>2642220
Yeah, I travel a lot. Both to other cities and I need something that's not a pain in the ass to take on the commute to the office.

I AM worried about lag time with Astropad, since from what reviews I've read it sounds like it depends on your computer and my laptop's pretty old.

>>2641532
I hadn't heard about Mediabang before! It looks like a Mangastudio clone, any particular reason you recommend it?
>>
>>2642349
Eh, I pulled from the first page of google.
>>
>>2642362
I don't know about computer requirements since I have a pretty decent PC, but for me Astropad runs completely lag-free through usb, and is still perfectly manageable through wifi even though I have a shitty router.
The huge issue with Astropad is that it only mirrors your display, so you have to choose between cropping a portion of it or having black bars on your iPad. I have the 9.7 model and for me it's a total deal breaker, might not be as bad in the 13". I find Procreate good enough for general painting anyway, unless you need the specific editing tools and specialty brushes that Photoshop has.
>>
Is the intuos pro any good, it will be my first tablet and I can buy myself a small one
>>
>>2641471
you still haven't provided your fucking example. what are you waiting for?
>>
>>2640705
http://www.cnet.com/products/hp-elitebook-2760p/specs/

HP used to make convertible laptops with wacom touch, you can get this thing for like $150-$200 USD used. It's 12" but it has a digitizer and everything, a total steal for the price.
>>
>>2642396
dont get a small buy a medium.
>>
>>2642417
It's gonna be my first one and it's way too expensive for me right now(s: 800 m; 1500, l: 1800 currency) , also my laptop have a Small screen so I thought it would be better for me. But I am not sure about Wacom company or the tablet itself.
>>
File: le pajama frog face.png (1MB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
le pajama frog face.png
1MB, 1080x1080px
>>2642402
W-well I was hoping for at least one more participant, but I suppose I agreed to try regardless. When I get home from work in three hours I'll definitely do it.

>not looking forward to those ill-conceived reverse ellipses though lmoa
>>
>>2642421
I agree with >>2642417. If you can't afford a medium Intuos, either save up for a little longer or get an older model second hand and buy a medium. Don't get a small. Wacom is absolutely a great brand, but working on a small is very difficult and there is a WORLD of a difference between the small and the medium.
>>
>>2637950
/thread
>>
>>2642436
Okay then I will save money for a med. one for my 15.6" leptop. Thanks again both
>>2642417
>>
>>2642421
The Intuos Small is worthless, it doesn't matter if your monitor is small or not-even a Medium feels pretty "zippy" on a 10-in. Microsoft Surface tablet, if you get anything smaller than that you're really taking it in the corn hole for no good reason.

Particularly if money is that tight get the fr*ckin' Huion Giano nigga, a bigger tablet is even better on a smaller monitor.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA2SZ3X81737
>>
File: notepad.png (650KB, 660x610px) Image search: [Google]
notepad.png
650KB, 660x610px
>>2636621
pic related for U$ 3,00

spend the rest of the money on something more worthy
>>
>>2642362
It's(medibang) from the same guys that made firealpaca
>>
>>2642629
It's avaliable for free(last time i checked)for Mac and PC
>>
>>2642402
>>2642428
Alright m9s I got a little distracted; beginning now.
>>
File: fuck.jpg (726KB, 1900x3415px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.jpg
726KB, 1900x3415px
A little too non-committal on the circles and ellipses (really off-putting in the "spheres" portion in particular) but I gave it a shot. The drawing errors are my own, and I'm confident I wouldn't have done better with just about anything else short of the high-end Cintiq that's the size of house.

Sorry it took so long, I shouldn't have spent so much time in steam chat but my buddy is apparently "really excited" for McGregor vs. Diaz 2.

(Let the shit-flinging commence)
>>
>>2642805
Here's the thing: My Cintiq doesn't make me a better artist, it makes me a FASTER artist.

The quality of my art is nearly exactly the same between working on a traditional tablet and working with my Cintiq (my line art is less wobbly, but color and sketches are basically 1:1). The difference is that on my Cintiq I can draw it in HALF the time. Or less.

Anyone who tells you drawing on a Cintiq makes you a better artist is talking out of their ass. Any tablet is a tool. But the less time I spend on commercial work, the more time I have to work on personal projects, and that makes me a happy camper.
>>
>>2642805
>tfw Giano Shill is actually a good artist
>>
>>2642805
>not posting the original
>>
>>2642834
I've used a Cintiq before and I personally disagree that it'd increase my drawing speed. However, the Cintiq I did use was a notoriously bad model and I can't say that I'm fully separating the actual drawing experience from its other flaws. I'll have to give you that. Ultimately I still don't think it's a worthy investment for a beginner considering the strong and inexpensive alternatives that exist.

Through my own experience I basically can't acknowledge anything much smaller than the Intuos Large as a drawing tool fit for an aspiring artist, and while I can't completely deny the utility the largest among the Cintiq models in particular might have, I also think they represent too steep investment for someone completely new; that leaves a pretty narrow selection of things to shill, gnomesaiyan?

>>2642838
I'm a terrible artist, just with okay dexterity I guess. I disproportionately focused on that early on as I believed it would help me learn faster. I still believe that, but all-in-all I'm just a beginner/hobbyist who doesn't even draw every day in spite of my best judgment. I don't think I'm going to make it, my bros, at least not in a timely manner, but that's why I'm so autistic about helping people who just might.
>>
how much of a cheat is lazy nezumi?
>>
>>2643049
There is no cheating in art. Only the final result matters. Although, Lazy nezumi doesn't help much anyways. I used it for a bit and realized it was pointless. It won't fill the gap in your skill level to reach your mind level.
>>
>>2643050
it doesn't, but it certainly smooths out the lines I could draw fine on paper.
>>
>>2643050
I have it constantlyon on subtle smooth 10, pretty good
>>
File: 1471330189724.jpg (3MB, 1900x4209px) Image search: [Google]
1471330189724.jpg
3MB, 1900x4209px
>>2640369
I tried but still sucks lmao.
>>
>>2643277
on elipse 2 I would tilt my wrist to the left (I am right handed) should I avoid this and keep my wrist locked?
>>
>>2642881
Oh, I absolutely agree that the Cintiq is too steep an investment for a beginner. It's a professional tool for an artist who wants a faster more reliable output time for commercial work. My point was that you're testing the wrong facet of the hardware and ignoring the strengths of the tool in the process.

I personally know three artists who have made the switch from a standard tablet to a screen-in tablet, all three of which quoted their draw time being reduced to half of what it was. I know one artist who has used and does not like or want to ever draw on a screen-in tablet ever again - he has giant meaty hands and he finds it easier to draw when his hand isn't obstructing the picture.

In the end it's undoubtedly a professional tool, and within that range a matter of personal preference. That makes the Cintiq and other screen-in tablets a niche market, but by no means a waste of money.
>>
>>2643284
Well! I'd recommend to leave your hand freely as much as possible including your arm and wrist too.
You need to learn to get some flex in hand and arm too!
I can recommend playing with those cushion balls (for stress) for movement, you can force your hand to get some pressure and stuff like that.

Anyway I need to practice that myself too HAHA.
>>
>>2643277
Cute faces. It's not so bad, thanks for trying at least. I noticed you had to use a 9 pixel brush to get roughly the same width as when I was using a 5 and I'm wondering if that's because when applying pressure to it you are at risk of having it scoot across your desk or fall over at that angle you have it. Or maybe it's because of how different the image may look at 100% magnification on a 13 inch Companion's monitor vs my 17 inch one (assuming that isn't another liberty you'd taken with the rules)?
>>
That's it i'm selling my guitar for a xp-pen 22.
>>
>>2636621
Well, just latest Intous tablet would do. And i'll keep the change or buy good customized PC build.
>>
>>2636621
https://www.artsartreviews.com
>>
Is it worth waiting for the new 12.9" iPad Pro, or is the current one awesome enough? Don't know how much I really need an even better screen.
>>
>>2644546
I have the 9.7 and the wide-gamut display is pretty great tbqh, better than my desktop monitor. White point is less blue than other iPads but still too blue at close to 7000K. True tone shifts it down to 5500K or so which is great for reading and general use but useless for art.
>>
>>2644617
True Tone is useless for art? Really?

So I should maybe just go for the current 12.9 model. Or do you think some other screen improvements would make waiting worth it? Keep in mind it might not release until March next year, and that I actually am drawing less right now because I don't have a tablet. (for some reason drawing on an ipad has me more excited than traditional, don't know what's wrong with me)
>>
>>2644637
It makes everything warmer, so I always turn it off before painting. It's a great display, but I haven't compared it to the current 12.9. The only improvement I can imagine is getting the color temperature closer to 6500K, but I don't think that's going to happen. You really should go to an Apple store and see for yourself if it's something worth waiting for.
>>
What do you think about about Huion GT-190s?
>400$
>19"
>1440x900 px

Considering buying this tbqh.
>>
>>2644713
only get it if you plan to draw and animate. use a standard tablet for painting.
>>
I'm too lazy to give a review but if people are interested in a cheap but quality tablet monitor you should look up reviews for the Yinova MSP19U
My friends and I all got one, in many ways it's comparable to a cintique and I think it's selling for $500.
>>
File: graybutt..jpg (21KB, 611x635px) Image search: [Google]
graybutt..jpg
21KB, 611x635px
>>2644844
You can draw with a regular tablet though homie ( >>2642805 ).

I mean, I can't draw very well mind you, but..imagine if I could. It's not the tablet's fault I've strayed from Loomis' path. Just don't buy a toy-like small or medium tablet if you're not using a 10-inch 1024x768 resolution monitor from 2002 and you'll be fine.
>>
>>2645463
>small tablet
>same resolution (1080) as a dude who uses a 13 HD
>get better strokes than him without less experience

aight
>>
>>2636975

>surface pro 3 with 4 pen
>constantly have to run a third party tool to calibrate pen
>pen will randomly stop working (or pressure goes funky) and require removing the battery
>random juts if your line is too slow
>now starting to losing pen in spots if pressure isn't deep enough (having to work with it upside down to do anything without absolute frustration)
>works fine with normal touch so absolutely no clue if this is a pen issue or surface issue

Don't get a surface pro. Or atleast not a 3. I haven't used another tablet in a atleast a year but while I do enjoy the screen to look at it's not worth the hassle if yours gets fucked. I can't imagine that a intuos or cintiq would fuck up in a year.
>>
The SP2 is OK, but it's impossible to calibrate it properly because the wacom technology needs a really wide border to fit all the coils around the active drawing area, so there is distortion.
>>
>>2636621
>if you had $800USD to spend on a drawing tablet, what would you get?

$800 dollars worth of instruction from Vilppu and Huston.

That would be much better than spending it on a tablet you're going to use once.
>>
>>2645511
itdoes not have a wide enough border. This is probably why they replaced wacom tech moving forwards
>>
>>2636621
iPad Pro 12.9 until Wacom stops fucking about and realises they don't have a monopoly anymore and start releasing tech that's actually from the current year.

If you're happy with third parties, a cheap Huion or an Artisul and spend the rest on cheetos and dew.
>>
>>2641326
You're right he looks Jewish kinda.
>>
>>2644713
I had that one!
I changed myself from that to my actual Cintiq lmao.

reasons:

Dunno lmao i just wanted a cintiq.

Anyway it was a good tablet, a really good one, the pen pressure is better than Yiynova and such.

You can see a review here:

http://frenden.com/post/69444810884/review-monoprice-19-tablet-monitor-wacom-take

It says "monoprice" but actually its the same tablet, (monoprice gets them from huion so it's the same thing, I had a monoprice one instead of a Huion one and the drivers where the same, I even liked more the drivers from Huion).

i recommend it more for linearting, it hurts your arm if you want to paint, so get another tablet to paint.
>>
>>2636993
If pic related is you, you're never going to make it.
>>
>>2636621
>if you had
we better start making money soon.
Being poor is being synonymous with being artists.
>>
>>2636993
>if you don't draw like this
>like if you can't get enough skills for any industry except for weeb shit like this you'll never make it
>disney, cartoon network and nickelodeon are shit because they just draw simple 2D cartoons
>pixar is shit because they've got some simple storyboard artists too

Keep being a weeb shit, the industry needs everything.
Obviously skills included but everyone knows where to step.

Also not mad, just gotta remember everyone that there is just than "skills" and styles in the industry tho.

And if you're a hobbist, stay like one till you see a difference.
>>
>>2645661
I'm that anon you replied to. btw how about the pen and sensitivity compared to Cintiq? is it pretty much feel the same or there's something better with Cintiq that makes the price actually worthwhile?
>>
>>2646271
did you have problem with calibrating the monitor? because i heard that many people were having this problem.
>>
File: Angry-Frog-Meme-21.jpg (27KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
Angry-Frog-Meme-21.jpg
27KB, 306x306px
>that feel when you are seriously thinking about dropping almost 2 grand for a fucking wacom cintiq laptop/drawing hybrid.

realize that its retarded. I hate drawing on my tiny as fuck comic intros. is it worth it getting a larger one?
>>
>>2646527
get a Huion
>>
>>2636621
a yiynova msp19u and a bunch of alcohol
>>
>>2637852
ergonomically, yes.
>>
>>2643326
Don't have a patronizing tone. His lines are much more confident and appealing than yours.
>>
>>2646271
>>2646289
The pen is great compared to Bosto Tablets since the pressure is great, the pen doesn't give a shaky vibrance if you leave the pen on the surface without making a line.

The pen didn't jitter at all except for really BIG strokes like idk 40 and up px.

And about calibrating the monitor.
I used OSX and Windows.
In OSX the tablet drivers and the tablet itself it's gently as fuck.
Why? You could use Clip Studio/Manga Studio and Photoshop at the same time without any problem and the pen didn't ever lose the pen pressure.

Mac itself recognizes and adapt the screen as you'd like so it never made me any problem.

In Windows it was kind of shitty.
For example, it had problems with SAI if your tablet was in a left size as I can remember (if you leave it as a left screen monitor in settings).

About calibrating the monitor, almost all the tablets i've used they've got this problem that they can't sensor the corners (mostly down part) of the tablet.

Like for example, you wanna click the "delete" trash button in Photoshop and you can't click it because your pen isn't in a correct position for clicking, sounds weird but that even happens in my Cintiq (Right up corner).

Calibration anyway I'd recommend having the tablet in 90ยบ Degrees.

For drawing use it as you'd like, anyway the light sometimes will annoy you since the tablet seems like glass and the light rays reflex anything (which doesn't happens in a Cintiq).

I can recommend this tablet, its a GREAT TABLET.
Anyway buy yourself one of these "matte-screen protectors", there are some that won't reflect the light and they even got a nice texture as paper which feels great!

Thank you for reading!
Anyway i'll be here around to answer more if you'd like.

>>2647068
lmao thank you for the "confident and appealing lines".
>>
File: image.jpg (67KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67KB, 500x380px
>>2647068
He's the one that introduced his work with a maudlin tone, I was trying to be nice. You can try and stir up shit all you want little nigga. As 'unappealing' as my no-stabilizer default brush photoshop cs5 lines may be, they're about as confident as they get considering my limited experience.

Post your lines fgt
>>
>>2647274
post your lines too faggit
>>
>>2647186
Thanks for the tips, anon!
Thread posts: 171
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.